[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Arcani_Victus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Warehousing v0.1.2

Post by Arcani_Victus »

Good evening,

Is it possible to add research and/or flat add more requester slots to the requester/buffer warehouses?

Thanks

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Warehousing v0.1.2

Post by dgw »

Iccor56 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:41 pm
dgw wrote:
Anoyomouse wrote:
Iccor56 wrote:i don't know if it's new or what but assemblers can build all the warehouse logistic items except yellow (storage)
iccor56

https://imgur.com/a/OrQJe
I haven't seen this problem before, i'm going to ask dgw for comments .. might also be another mod that's interfering here ... but i'm not sure
Storage logistic versions require five ingredients, so only assembler 3 can build them. You're using AM2s in your screenshot. They can only craft recipes with up to four ingredients.
oh well that explains that, thank you. but why would they take a 5 when all the others take 4??
The assembler ingredient limit will be removed in 0.17 according to the latest FFF: https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-266

So there isn't any more reason to worry about changing the warehouse recipes to make this consistent.

kc8hnz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Warehousing v0.2.0

Post by kc8hnz »

Just started playing again since 0.17 dropped. I see that the recipe has been updated to steel, but 100 steel seams a little steep imo. Will you be re-balancing it? If so, I'd recommend lowering the amount a little.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

kc8hnz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 am
Just started playing again since 0.17 dropped. I see that the recipe has been updated to steel, but 100 steel seams a little steep imo. Will you be re-balancing it? If so, I'd recommend lowering the amount a little.
Each warehouse costs 200 steel, actually, not 100. It's reasonable when you realize that building 36 steel chests would cost you 288 steel plates—and matching the capacity of a basic warehouse would require 37.5 steel chests (1800 ÷ 48).

With warehouses, you get bonus space ("because there are no walls between tiles," I theorized while coming up with the new capacities for 0.17) and the ability to use as many as 48 inserters (24 stack + 24 long-handed) to access a single inventory—all at less than the cost of filling that space with chests. Even including the iron sticks, it still costs 397.5 less iron ore to build a warehouse than it does to build 36 steel chests.

tl;dr: Warehouses are already cheaper than they should be.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

yeah, i see it the same, could cost more (if u comepare how usefull they are) and they dont take ANYTHING special to create...

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.2.3] Warehouse only fills halfway

Post by Impatient »

Hi,

I have the "use 0.16 size" option disabled and the warehouse only fills halfway. Is this connected and intended? I found no description in the mod documentation on the mod portal. I don't know what the 0.16 size was nor what the 0.17 size is (the mod doc also don't say).

Thanks!

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

What's halfway? If you don't know what the old/new sizes are, I can only assume that you mean the building fills 50% of the slots available and stops, leaving the other 50% empty.

I've never seen that happen, and it sounds like some kind of conflict with another mod. Warehousing is very simple—its buildings are literally reskinned, resized chests. They should behave exactly the same as a steel, iron, storage, provider, etc. chest.

Basically, I need more information about what exactly is happening. (Maybe I can also find a chance to update the mod description on the portal to include a table of old/new sizes. Could be worthwhile.)

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

My fault. The issue is resolved.

Very sorry for causing this turmoil and bothering you and thanks for your fast reply. :)

shist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shist »

Hey there, first time using the [Mod] installed perfectly on ver 17.79 but when I try to research the technology it's just showing unavailable.

I dunno if it's conflicting with other Mod, I only have one other [Mod] which is Adjustable-Inventory-Sizehttps://mods.factorio.com/mod/Adjustable-Inventory-Size updated to latest version, I'd love to try this Mod really.

please advice,
Thanks

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

You have not met the prerequisites for Logistics Warehousing. Research the Warehousing tech first.

shist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shist »

dgw wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:30 pm
You have not met the prerequisites for Logistics Warehousing. Research the Warehousing tech first.
:lol: how I didn't notice that! well thanks for noticing.

VenoMMods
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Post by VenoMMods »

I was wondering if I could talk to you about making an addon to the mod.

Return to “Mods”