[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Warehousing v0.1.2

Post by dgw »

el veejay wrote:I'm having some problems with warehouses - it seems that inserters won't insert into them. They can insert into other things, it seems. Loaders can insert things into warehouses.
I just tested this with a storage warehouse and an absolute raft of other mods in Factorio 0.16.30 with Warehousing 0.1.2. Inserters seem to work just fine.

Not sure what's going on here. Any ideas, Anoyomouse?
Last edited by dgw on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

dgw wrote:
el veejay wrote:I'm having some problems with warehouses - it seems that inserters won't insert into them. They can insert into other things, it seems. Loaders can insert things into warehouses.
I just tested this with a storage warehouse and an absolute raft of other mods in Factorio 0.16.30 with Warehousing 0.1.2. Inserters seem to work just fine.

Not sure what's going on here. Any ideas, Anoyomouse?
Only thing i can think of is soemthing's messing with the warehouses ...

maybe post a mod list (put it inside the spiler tags to cut down the length) .. but not sure if we'd be able to reproduce the issue o.o
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Veejay, make sure you
- Have those inserters configured properly if you use inserter positioning
- Check they're actually attached to the building rather then having one space between them. The biggest warehouses look like they extend a tile at the top whereas they do not, if so move your inserters down one field. (I've had this glitch and had to facepalm when I eventually figured out what was wrong).

Loving this mod. It makes rail stations so much easier... just slap 2 medium warehouses or even a big one in there and fully unload into a single container.

el veejay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by el veejay »

I have a "standard" setup with a train station and two warehouses with inserters next to them. I thought there might've been some sort of glitch, so I also tried to just put a new warehouse and an inserter somewhere and let it insert into the warehouse. It didn't. I've added a savegame - might actually give someone a chance to see what's wrong other than my less than useful "it doesn't work" ;-)

Also a funny thing, which may not be warehouse-related. I have two warehouses for unloading. Loaders lead the contents of both to another warehouse, from which I then try to distribute my iron ore to the smelters.
For some reason, one warehouse is almost empty, the other one full. I've never understood why that is, but it may be a general Factorio problem.
Attachments
0.15 first try 106.zip
(24.85 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

el veejay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by el veejay »

Also: thank you all for responding so fast to my problem :-)

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

I wasn't able to load your save as intended with mods downloaded from the portal automatically. The FactorioExtended family almost all failed to load due to missing assets. I also can't get the version of Factorio you seem to be running any more. 0.16.15 isn't available through either the website or Steam's beta menu. In short, I can't load your game as intended.

You can provide a ZIP file of your mods directory to work around the mod issues, so I'll be using the exact versions you have. (I'm not sure if syncing mods with save matches versions or not. It didn't downgrade my FARL, which was already installed, at least.) If that doesn't help, I'll try to track down a copy of Factorio 0.16.15.

For what it's worth, with most of the FactorioExtended mods disabled due to errors on load, the stone train the player is standing near in the save you provided unloads just fine into the warehouse if you make room in it by doing an inventory transfer. The inserters appear to work just fine. If one of the FactorioExtended mods is messing with inserters, I'd look there for a conflict or bug. And also, try the latest 0.16 release (currently 0.16.30) if you can.

el veejay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by el veejay »

Since it got awfully big, I've put the save here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwep53aqt0r9ugj/mods.zip?dl=0

I checked my about box, and I run 0.16.30, but everything from the mod dir is there.

And thanks again for taking so much time and responding so fast :-)

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

OK veejay, loaded up your save from above with the mod pack provided. The mod "FactorioExtended Plus-Storage" is messing with the Warehousing buildings, changing their collision boxes and breaking all storage containers that are not 1x1 tile. See this mod portal discussion where other users have determined that it also breaks Angel's warehouse and silo mods in the same way.

Long story short, this is a conflict with a badly behaved mod that's altering prototypes it does not own. I don't want to set the precedent of adding fixup code to counter badly behaved mods, so I suggest you take this up with the maintainer of the FactorioExtended Plus mod set.

el veejay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by el veejay »

Thanks, I'll do that.

He made a mod that fixed (replaced) a mod which was no longer maintaned, and which didn't work anymore in 0.16. I suppose he might've had his code "spill into" things not concerning the FactorioExtended* mods

Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Iccor56 »

dgw wrote:
Anoyomouse wrote:
Iccor56 wrote:i don't know if it's new or what but assemblers can build all the warehouse logistic items except yellow (storage)
iccor56

https://imgur.com/a/OrQJe
I haven't seen this problem before, i'm going to ask dgw for comments .. might also be another mod that's interfering here ... but i'm not sure
Storage logistic versions require five ingredients, so only assembler 3 can build them. You're using AM2s in your screenshot. They can only craft recipes with up to four ingredients.
oh well that explains that, thank you. but why would they take a 5 when all the others take 4??

el veejay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by el veejay »

I've been in contact with the creator of Factorio Extended Plus, and he has made an update. So if others have the same problem as me, just update now - seems to work for me :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped :)

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Iccor56 wrote:
dgw wrote:
Anoyomouse wrote:
Iccor56 wrote:i don't know if it's new or what but assemblers can build all the warehouse logistic items except yellow (storage)
iccor56

https://imgur.com/a/OrQJe
I haven't seen this problem before, i'm going to ask dgw for comments .. might also be another mod that's interfering here ... but i'm not sure
Storage logistic versions require five ingredients, so only assembler 3 can build them. You're using AM2s in your screenshot. They can only craft recipes with up to four ingredients.
oh well that explains that, thank you. but why would they take a 5 when all the others take 4??
Because they're meant to be more expensive. Storage warehouses are the only variant that actually stores more in a given area than the equivalent area covered in chests. (I did the math at one point.)

That said, there is still meant to be a rebalancing in a future version. Part of that might involve looking at the recipes and tweaking them so all warehouses and all storehouses can be made in the same tier of assembler.

DarkZalgo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DarkZalgo »

I don't get the purpose of the mod. Why wouldn't I just make three rows of six steel/provider chests instead of a warehouse? It's more storage by 64 slots. Am I missing some important feature?

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Right now, Warehousing is more of a "looks cool" mod, and less of a "more efficient than vanilla" mod. That could change, but at the moment the reason for using Warehousing is mostly if you want warehouses because they look neat (Storage Warehouse being the exception, it's bigger than the same area filled with chests).

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

dgw wrote:Right now, Warehousing is more of a "looks cool" mod, and less of a "more efficient than vanilla" mod. That could change, but at the moment the reason for using Warehousing is mostly if you want warehouses because they look neat (Storage Warehouse being the exception, it's bigger than the same area filled with chests).
Since buffers are also meant to use as sorted storage (per the buffer chest FFF), shouldn't the buffer warehouse carry the same capacity as the storage warehouse?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

DarkZalgo wrote:I don't get the purpose of the mod. Why wouldn't I just make three rows of six steel/provider chests instead of a warehouse? It's more storage by 64 slots. Am I missing some important feature?
Can you use a single inserter to pull out of all 18 chests at once?

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

malventano wrote:
dgw wrote:Right now, Warehousing is more of a "looks cool" mod, and less of a "more efficient than vanilla" mod. That could change, but at the moment the reason for using Warehousing is mostly if you want warehouses because they look neat (Storage Warehouse being the exception, it's bigger than the same area filled with chests).
Since buffers are also meant to use as sorted storage (per the buffer chest FFF), shouldn't the buffer warehouse carry the same capacity as the storage warehouse?
Storage warehouses themselves can be filtered, though. The buffer chest is more akin to the requester, I'd say.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I really really love oyur mod.

I use it since i found it (might be since you made it!).

What you think about a idea, i use it currently in a bobs angels with LTN. I use your provider and requester warehouses... for my ltn stops, but e.g. for the advanced products you need to request many material... what about a upgrade option for your warehouses? Like some thing u put inside them, like a upgrade (if thast is possibel with factorio) or just different tiers... :)

I mean upgrade the size inside it. For advanced circuits im currently requesting 8 different materials (only 16k each) but since i can only request 16k each, it runs often dry...

Cool would also be if you could disable and enable the requester and provider warehouses via circuit network. Like if circuits > 10000 enable.

Currentlyi do it via power (to restrict logistic reach), problem is then, that the remaining bots just stand dumb around...

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Warehouses are circuit-connectable, and you can set requests that way using whatever conditions your combinators calculate. "Disabling" a logistic chest (warehouses are just big chests) is not a trivial thing. I'm not sure it's even possible with Factorio's current modding API.

Equipment to upgrade warehouse capacity is probably somewhat more possible (assuming we can add an equipment grid to a chest entity), but it would still be a big change. After Factorio 0.17 releases I am planning to rebalance the warehouse capacities, and I'll keep the idea of warehouse upgrades in mind.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

dgw wrote:Warehouses are circuit-connectable, and you can set requests that way using whatever conditions your combinators calculate. "Disabling" a logistic chest (warehouses are just big chests) is not a trivial thing. I'm not sure it's even possible with Factorio's current modding API.

Equipment to upgrade warehouse capacity is probably somewhat more possible (assuming we can add an equipment grid to a chest entity), but it would still be a big change. After Factorio 0.17 releases I am planning to rebalance the warehouse capacities, and I'll keep the idea of warehouse upgrades in mind.
Thanks.
Yes i know i could give it signals, but, im just a normal person, so this whole stuff is pretty hard, not to say, unmakeable.

I did some easy contraptions, but... tahts over my mind.

You are right, the 0.17 will come any time soon i guess, so keep that in mind, would be great. Disabling would be the "easy" mans method. :)

Disabling could be archieved by setting the provided amounts / requestet amounts virtually to 0 ?

Return to “Mods”