[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
SomeDuder
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Warehousing v0.0.11

Post by SomeDuder »

Hey man, you may be some kind of weird furry, but I still wanna thank you for updating this thing to be 0.14 compatible, so I can finally use it to clean up my what can only be called horrible mess of storage.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Warehousing v0.0.10

Post by Anson »

Anoyomouse wrote:this being said, please feel free to change it for your own game, but please DON'T change it for everyone just because you think it's better for you
having ONE official public version is nice.

thus i don't change values myself, but ask whether you can add another storage "chest" that is compatible with the requester and provider "chests". i already had quite a few item bombs when trying to reorganize something and putting an active provider chest on top of the storage chest (luckily, i had the magnet mod and an autotrash mod that helped me clean up the mess pretty fast)

i like the oversized storage warehouse and wouldn't like it to be gone or different, but i also want a compatible storage warehouse that can be exchanged with requester warehouses, and with active and passive provider warehouses, and even with the fifth type (the former smart warehouses). maybe there simply could be a yellow storage warehouse with the same size and capacity as the other warehouses (to easily switch back and forth between them), and another variant (orange or something) with the same physical size but the current superlarge capacity (for cases when i am sure that i really will keep it in place for huge storage).

if you don't want to include two different storage warehouses, i would prefer to get the smaller compatible version: i would be able to use the compression chest mod to store superhuge amounts and have only the compatible storage warehouse in this mod.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Warehousing v0.0.10

Post by Anson »

answer to theradman221s question about these boxes

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

One thing that I'd like is if the later smart warehouses used the first ones as ingredients. If you build a new logistic one you don't lose out but it would let you recycle older warehouses as you tech up.

MajorTom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MajorTom »

Having some difficulty getting this downloaded. I'm running 13.20 and when I try to get it using the in-game downloader it tells me "Selected mod has no released version". Suggestions?

Brian

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It is possible the author never posted a .13 version.

You manually download the mod and change "factorio_version" : ".14" to "factorio_version" : ".13" in info.json

Alternatively further up in this thread might be a link for a .13 version.

aTeLe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aTeLe »

is it possible for you to put the 0.13. files on the mod-site as well? 0.13. is the normal stable version at the moment.

edit: where can I download your 0.10 for 0.13?

edit2: I just saw the solution is on this site :D

marijn211
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by marijn211 »

I could help you with a dutch translation
Keep calm and play Factorio.

YotaXP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by YotaXP »

If I may ask, what was the rationale for giving Storage Warehouses 250% more slots than other warehouses? From what I've seen, it just causes everyone I see to use them in place of normal and passive provider warehouses. This invariably causes my OCD to go absolutely bonkers. Particularly when other items end up getting put in them, destroying any semblance of order.

Not to sound like a jerk, but this really is my only issue with the mod. I love it otherwise. Could its storage capacity be standardized for the 0.15 version, when that eventually comes around? (Since major Factorio updates usually demand new saves anyway.) If not, well, I guess I already asked why is the way it is...

Thanks

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

YotaXP wrote:If I may ask, what was the rationale for giving Storage Warehouses 250% more slots than other warehouses? From what I've seen, it just causes everyone I see to use them in place of normal and passive provider warehouses. This invariably causes my OCD to go absolutely bonkers. Particularly when other items end up getting put in them, destroying any semblance of order.

Not to sound like a jerk, but this really is my only issue with the mod. I love it otherwise. Could its storage capacity be standardized for the 0.15 version, when that eventually comes around? (Since major Factorio updates usually demand new saves anyway.) If not, well, I guess I already asked why is the way it is...

Thanks
The fix for this is easy
-unzip Warehousing_0.0.11.zip to a folder in your Factorio MODs folder and call it Warehousing_0.0.11
make sure that new folder has the graphics, locale, migrations and prototypes folders, as well as the config.lua, control.lua, data.lua and info.json files as its direct descendants.

-edit file entity.lua in the prototypes folder using a text editor
ie. notepad++

find section of code

Code: Select all

if (logistics_name ~= nil) then
		result.max_health = 450;
		result.minable.hardness = 0.2;
		result.logistic_mode = logistics_name;
		if (logistics_name == "storage") then
			result.inventory_size = 2000;
		end
	end
delete the lines

Code: Select all

if (logistics_name == "storage") then
			result.inventory_size = 2000;
		end
or change the 2000 to 800

-save file
-play game

:)

hansson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hansson »

It's kind of well established that insertion speed into a large container (like the warehouse mod) affects performance, but it seems like the "Gui update" that can be viewed when debugging info is on (F5) is affected in the same way when just hovering above entities in the container or over an empty slot. Is this expected in the same way? Using warehouses, the game more or less freezes when moving the mouse around, hovering over many things in a warehouse in a short time.

It makes sense that the insertion stuff affects performance, due to the way factorio needs to check for existing entities in the container, but the lag caused by "Gui update" when just hovering above stuff (or over empty spaces!) being affected by the container size seems more difficult to explain...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Accoring to release notes the inserting part was fixed by devs.
I did not valide it so I can't tell how good it works now.

Ente897
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ente897 »

Hi guys,

I have a problem with this warehousing. I have 15 of biggest warehouse and all warehouses full (78k and more stuff). Now, I have stuttering...sooooo what is the problem? Maybe to much stuff inside?
The last post have same problem?!

cheers

greets from Germany

YotaXP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by YotaXP »

tehroach wrote:
YotaXP wrote:If I may ask, what was the rationale for giving Storage Warehouses 250% more slots than other warehouses? From what I've seen, it just causes everyone I see to use them in place of normal and passive provider warehouses. This invariably causes my OCD to go absolutely bonkers. Particularly when other items end up getting put in them, destroying any semblance of order.

Thanks
The fix for this is easy
-unzip Warehousing_0.0.11.zip to a folder in your Factorio MODs folder and call it Warehousing_0.0.11
...(snip)
Oh! Thanks, but that wasn't so much my issue. I have the self control to only use storage warehouses in situations where I'd use storage chests. What bothers me is when OTHER players (in multiplayer games, or even Youtubers) use storage warehouses in places that a storage logistics container does not belong, just so they can take advantage of the higher capacity. I'm curious as to why it was made 2.5x larger in the first place.

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

YotaXP wrote:
tehroach wrote:

Thanks
The fix for this is easy
...(snip)
Oh! Thanks, but that wasn't so much my issue. I have the self control to only use storage warehouses in situations where I'd use storage chests. What bothers me is when OTHER players (in multiplayer games, or even Youtubers) use storage warehouses in places that a storage logistics container does not belong, just so they can take advantage of the higher capacity. I'm curious as to why it was made 2.5x larger in the first place.
lol,
yer I think with the complexity of Factorio, there comes many, many different types of players
and some of them are just going to clash with your own playstyle.

I can relate to your experience as there is only a few Factorio Youtubers that I can watch myself.

this fix does fix the problems related to swapping the different types of warehouses,
however, if you do attempt this fix
keep an eye out for the storehouses part in the original code, because I have completely removed them from my copy, and haven't taken them into account at all.

Starfoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Starfoth »

They all take 0.5 seconds to build? Why not longer?

Zerias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerias »

Question for anyone: Does the lag induced by inserters interacting with warehouses also appear when using logistics robots? I ask because currently I'm using several hundred storage chests fed by active providers to store ore, and I wonder whether switching to storage warehouses would be better or worse lag-wise.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Zerias wrote:Question for anyone: Does the lag induced by inserters interacting with warehouses also appear when using logistics robots? I ask because currently I'm using several hundred storage chests fed by active providers to store ore, and I wonder whether switching to storage warehouses would be better or worse lag-wise.
If anything is taking or inserting from the inventory of a chest, the whole inventory is looked up. The larger the inventory the worse it gets, the more chests you have the worse it gets, the more things interacting with the chests (inserters, bots, players) the worse it gets.
So yes bots also introduce lag if used on mass specially with the big storage warehouse.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Zerias wrote:Question for anyone: Does the lag induced by inserters interacting with warehouses also appear when using logistics robots? I ask because currently I'm using several hundred storage chests fed by active providers to store ore, and I wonder whether switching to storage warehouses would be better or worse lag-wise.
If anything is taking or inserting from the inventory of a chest, the whole inventory is looked up. The larger the inventory the worse it gets, the more chests you have the worse it gets, the more things interacting with the chests (inserters, bots, players) the worse it gets.
So yes bots also introduce lag if used on mass specially with the big storage warehouse.
There was a dev comment at some point that state that bot chests might not be causing the issue if only bots use the chest.
You can check timings under debug menu (F4/F5) and look at entity time consumption.
Then try to disable your main warehouse using pieces and see if it will change significantly or not. Some change is to be expected since you will disable quite a few machines also.

My solution for this was to use warehouse as a big chest for it's area and add a circuit controlled compression chest next to it to store the excess inventory to keep warehouse invenotry on low side.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
There was a dev comment at some point that state that bot chests might not be causing the issue if only bots use the chest.
You can check timings under debug menu (F4/F5) and look at entity time consumption.
Then try to disable your main warehouse using pieces and see if it will change significantly or not. Some change is to be expected since you will disable quite a few machines also.

My solution for this was to use warehouse as a big chest for it's area and add a circuit controlled compression chest next to it to store the excess inventory to keep warehouse invenotry on low side.
UPS will still go bonkers if a ton of bots try to access a storage warehouse, at least it is the case if you deconstruct one, seen that several times on streams :)

Return to “Mods”