[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Warehousing v0.0.10

Post by Tyrindor »

Any chance of you add a config option to have the warehouses auto sort? I don't really care if it adds a lag spike, it could be off by default. Finding things in a storage unit of this size is a nightmare.

Dug through the code, couldn't find any way to do this.

Mercury044
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mercury044 »

small question
why not use iron chests for larger warehouse recipe?
that way the smaller building (and storage) use the smaller chest?

just my two cents

kwebber321
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kwebber321 »

any idea when this will be updated to 0.13.1???

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Version for 0.13 is on mod portal.

Exavier724
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Exavier724 »

Love your Warehouses. Figured I would share what I did with them :P

Using the "Smart Filter" train station setup from the Factorio Friday Blog here.
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-140

My Smart Factory module :)
http://imgur.com/a/hZ3Kk

The Red Circuit handles what will be a Requester Chest on the left & a Provider Chest on the right (With the Constant Combiner near each handling the inventory control)

The Green Circuit is split into two sections (left & right) to handle inventory control within the factory. So i set the combiner to 100 each of the assemblers output for that side & the belt on that side, and it will set the inserter filters to grab those. Once the expected number is reached the filter is removed from the inserter to suspend additional production. I had to split the network into left & right because the inserter only has 5 filter slots and it could get stuck if it tried to handle more (and issue the Red network doesn't suffer from luckily having only 1 inserter to handle)

Now to just stick this into a blueprint and start spamming it.
Who needs spaghetti belts :P

Wiring for those who want to reproduce it & have trouble making out the image.
Wiring

kwebber321
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kwebber321 »

orzelek wrote:Version for 0.13 is on mod portal.
it dosent work for the latest factorio

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

kwebber321 wrote:
orzelek wrote:Version for 0.13 is on mod portal.
it dosent work for the latest factorio
Are you sure you have 0.13 ?
I've been using it from release and it worked with pretty much all versions from 0.13 series.

Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aubog007 »

Factorio updated to .14, whenever you get a chance, if you could update, that would be wonderful!

Thanks for the great mod.

Juggla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Juggla »

Aubog007 wrote:Factorio updated to .14, whenever you get a chance, if you could update, that would be wonderful!

Thanks for the great mod.
Yes please!! I absolutely love this mod. It only makes sense to be in the game. I can't survive without it :(

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

Haven't done extensive testing yet, but if you change the "factorio version" from 13 to 14, it seems to run fine. I haven't looked yet in-depth with what's changed between 13 and 14 to see if anything needs to be changed, but until the mod is updated this seems to work okay. :)

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

I have try this and it seems to work but the icons (shown with ALT) are extremly big so that you can't see the warehouse anymore.
But I don't known if this was also befor the 0.14 update.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I think this was a Factorio change. The alt-icon seems to scale with the size of the placed entity

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

Soul wrote:Haven't done extensive testing yet, but if you change the "factorio version" from 13 to 14, it seems to run fine. I haven't looked yet in-depth with what's changed between 13 and 14 to see if anything needs to be changed, but until the mod is updated this seems to work okay. :)
Can Confirm this.

Just edit the info.json
and change line
"factorio_version": "0.13"
to
"factorio_version": "0.14"
and it will work fine.

Well it has been running consecutively for a couple of hours on my game without worries.

Kirito
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kirito »

it dosnt work in the new up dates

theradman221
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theradman221 »

hi, i like your mod, i was wondering how do you make those boxes with the clickable x that brings out a box with the full licence ect? I am working on a mod and cannot figure it out.
I am talking about description on the forums not anything in the actual game.

ElecNinja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElecNinja »

Hello,

I've updated the mod so that you can just download it for 0.14 and it should work.
Also changed it so that the warehouses and storehouses all have the same inventory size.
Warehouses are 3x3 with 500 inventory space, which makes them more efficient than just 9 chests which are 48x9=432 inventory space. This does nerf the storage chest as it goes from 800 to 500 inventory space, but 800 inventory space is pretty ridiculous. You can change it by unzipping the mod and going into /prototypes/entity.lua and look for the inventory_size=500 variable.
Storehouses are 6x6 with 2000 inventory space, which is better than 36 chests that only hold 48*36=1728 inventory space. I just made everything the same inventory space, so Active, Passive, and Requester chests now hold ridiculous amounts of items.

Edit: Since the main author has requested to not change the slots for the warehouses, I've removed my edits of the mod.
Last edited by ElecNinja on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Thanks for updating to 0.14.

The Storehouses had a lower capacity because larger chests have a higher latency time due their large amount of slots which have to be checked before insert.
So you can not easily higher this value without negative consequences.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Also just comparing the area of chests and slots is a bit lacking, because you could only use the 6x6 area with chests if you use storage chests, else inserter wont be able to reach it and basically halve the area you can place chests on

ElecNinja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElecNinja »

steinio wrote:Thanks for updating to 0.14.

The Storehouses had a lower capacity because larger chests have a higher latency time due their large amount of slots which have to be checked before insert.
So you can not easily higher this value without negative consequences.

Greetings steinio
I see. I've updated the entries so that regular storehouses only have 250 slots and regular warehouses only have 800 slots, which is what they had in the 0.13 version.
Logistics storehouses have 500 slots and logistics warehouse have 2000 slots.
Arch666Angel wrote:Also just comparing the area of chests and slots is a bit lacking, because you could only use the 6x6 area with chests if you use storage chests, else inserter wont be able to reach it and basically halve the area you can place chests on
Eh, generally you don't have inserters in between chests used for mass storage. And it's a rough approximation on what the inventory size should be for it.

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

Hi Guys

I've been really buzy with real life things, and it's taken me a while to get around to things

As much as people love changing the values in the warehouses, if you make a release you want to give to people PLEASE keep the values the same
People have games which depend on the slots of the warehouses, and in some weird way the slots are well balanced to not cause too much lag for the various sizes of warehouses

this being said, please feel free to change it for your own game, but please DON'T change it for everyone just because you think it's better for you

Thanks
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

Return to “Mods”