[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.18] Warehousing v0.0.9

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Thanks for putting the storehouses in. They are incredibly useful and nice to have.

Malryn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Malryn »

Anoyomouse wrote:
Malryn wrote:Best Mod ever!

I think I went overboard with using it though. My factory is very dependent on the warehouses for buffers, sorting, and mining to where I have around 500 warehouses. Unfortunately my game has gone down to 20 fps :(. I saw your post in viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20393&start=10 and was just wondering if its the movement of the materials through the warehouses causing the lag or if materials just sitting in warehouse would cause the load as well. If its the former then its a rather easy adjustment to buffer stations. which 90% of my warehouses are. It seemed like a good idea at the time to make a line of about 25 warehouses where materials are injected at the top warehouse and the materials flow to the bottom warehouse to be ejected to the assembly line.

Would switching to the same storage volume of 500 warehouses to X number of steel chests / rail cars even help with the load on the game client?

If you dont know any of these questions I shall be testing tonight!
Hey, Glad i could make this for you

Thought .. whoops ...

From what the devs were saying it's when an inserter places an item into the warehouses they have to iterate over every slot before putting the item into the warehouse

technically if you place the items using an inserter into a smart chest and use a smart inserter to extract large stacks into the main warehouse for storage that should reduce the lag quite a bit.

Items sitting in the warehouses shouldn't cause lag on their own however, yif you disable all inserters the game should run back up to it's normal TPS / FPS :mrgreen:

if you want to test it out and let me know your findings i would be greatly interested in knowing the results

Thanks
Quick question about the smart filter. How do I set it to move large stacks? I am very much a noob when it comes to using smart inserters and I seem to be able to only get "pick up only this item" to work =/. Is the reduction on load to the game only because inserter will work less when moving 4 items (stack limit) rather 1 item at a time as it would do with a normal inserter as soon as an item shows up in chest 1 and the inserter moves it to chest 2?

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

The filter on the smart insterter simply means it will only move those items. So set it to iron plates and it ignores anything else. Stack bonus isn't related to that.
All inserters will move up to the stack size automatically.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

nice mod..love it... just one thing...

we can have active and requester warehouse BEFORE having regular active and requester chest... it should be at same time as chest, or one more tech for it..
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

aRatNamedSammy wrote:nice mod..love it... just one thing...

we can have active and requester warehouse BEFORE having regular active and requester chest... it should be at same time as chest, or one more tech for it..
I do believe this is right and there should be a research that opens AFTER "Logistic system" (just like other mods that depend on it ex.: "Adv. logistic system")
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

PrincessSelena
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PrincessSelena »

This is my favorite mod by far and I almost can't play wiout it anymore. I really love to have more Storage space, but the enormous size and cost of the warehouse doesn't make normal chests useless.
Great addition to the game!

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Very nice lategame.

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

Will the Warehouse be seen in 0.13.x?

Please :)

Sten
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sten »

Yes please, Warehousing in 0.13; I love large sandbox maps, this is requirement for those.

achman741
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by achman741 »

Made a quick and dirty port of this if anyone wants it. I take no credit for it. All I did was removed any thing 'smart' related due smart chest being removed in vanilla, added circuit connection for the base warehouse, and disabled the "require defines" line in control.lua file. It was causing an error and didn't know what it did so i disabled it. Feel free to have a moderator remove the link after offical update is released or pm me, i don't check my pms often though. Also haven't fully tested for bugs yet.

link removed due to other more recent version update.
Last edited by achman741 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

jakimfett
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakimfett »

I made the necessary code changes, and created a PR to the Warehousing Github repo.

Note that this update is based on the v0.0.9 release and includes storehouses, whereas the update from achman741's dropbox is based on the (outdated) v0.0.6 release.

You can download the update mod from my Github releases page.

I've tagged it as a pre-release, and will take it down once the author updates the mod.

WARNING! Smart warehouses may will be removed, don't use this pre-release, alpha, possibly unstable port of Anoyomouse's amazing mod if you're attached to your world.

Make backups. Seriously, make backups.

Last edited by jakimfett on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyromaniac technomancer blacksmith with Steampunk tendencies.

tehroach
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tehroach »

Thankyou :)

PS are there also little versions as well?

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

jakimfett wrote:I made the necessary code changes, and created a PR to the Warehousing Github repo.

Note that this update is based on the v0.0.9 release and includes storehouses, whereas the update from achman741's dropbox is based on the (outdated) v0.0.6 release.

You can download the update mod from my Github releases page.

I've tagged it as a pre-release, and will take it down once the author updates the mod.
Woot

Thanks, you can pull the latest repo and give that some testing

I'm going to do some extra tweaks tonight as well as realigning the green and red wires on the storehouses, you shifted them to the same place as the big warehouses, which looks a little off, also, we need to tweak the big warehouses when they have a circuit connection to add in the little tower with the wire connection points (looks like we can do it)

Also, thanks for doing a pre-release (and fixing the code for me for 0.13), i've been really buzy at work and haven't had that much time to work on the mod

Can you PM me some contact details (skype, etc) as i would love to chat to you on a more real-time platform as i would like to discuss something ;)
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

tehroach wrote:Thankyou :)

PS are there also little versions as well?
Oh forgot to reply

YES there are small versions of the warehouses, called Storehouses, they are 3x3 and can't store as much, but they are good for when you need smaller storage (and they lag the game less when you have hundreds of them)
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

jakimfett
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakimfett »

Anoyomouse wrote: Also, thanks for doing a pre-release (and fixing the code for me for 0.13), i've been really buzy at work and haven't had that much time to work on the mod
No problem, glad I could help!
Anoyomouse wrote: Can you PM me some contact details (skype, etc) as i would love to chat to you on a more real-time platform as i would like to discuss something ;)
Fastest way to reach me is via Twitter, you can PM me there.

EDIT: If you don't have Twitter, you can email me (my username AT gmail). I also hang out in Espernet IRC, if you want to poke that.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

It's a bit too late for me (I've already worked long enough on stuff to not want to go back and convert my save again), but you might want to add a migration rule to convert smart (store|ware)houses into something intelligent, rather than letting the game just remove them entirely. Even if it leads to item explosion, that's better than losing a storehouse full of oil barrels!

jakimfett
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakimfett »

justarandomgeek wrote:It's a bit too late for me (I've already worked long enough on stuff to not want to go back and convert my save again), but you might want to add a migration rule to convert smart (store|ware)houses into something intelligent, rather than letting the game just remove them entirely. Even if it leads to item explosion, that's better than losing a storehouse full of oil barrels!
...oops.

In my defense, this is the first time I've played with modding factorio. Anyone have a good tutorial on doing migration of entities?

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

I think you can just make a json migration file with something like

Code: Select all

{
  "entity":
  [
    ["smart-storehouse","storehouse"],
    ["smart-warehouse","warehouse"]
  ],
  "item":
  [
    ["smart-storehouse","storehouse"],
    ["smart-warehouse","warehouse"]
  ]
}
But I'm only just figuring out migrations myself, and that by digging around in old ones ;)

I've made a bit of a mess of my world removing lots of mods at once anyway (at the same time as transitioning to 0.13), a little lost oil is the least of my worries! (It was just the buffer between logistics and unbarrelling anyway)

jakimfett
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakimfett »

HA! Found some solid info.

First, the Factorio wiki page has a lot of good info. There's also a couple of forum posts on the topic.

I'll add a migration file tonight, then test it with a couple of old worlds.

jakimfett
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakimfett »

I updated the pre-release to properly migrate smart warehouses. Grab it from my github releases page. Also created a pull request with the additions.

I tested and confirmed that smart warehouses do indeed convert properly to basic warehouses when moving from 0.12.x to 0.13.x.

Return to “Mods”