[MOD 1.1] Warehousing v0.4.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.18] Warehousing v0.0.5

Post by waduk »

Has anyone figure out a layout that can supply in-out 2400 item/min on a fully compressed express belt ?

I came-up with this (pic below) but i don't like the result, sometime there's still a gap, albeit small, yet it's there.
Pic
I prefer using fast inserter, but there's no way to place it, since it require 24 fast inserters, practically surrounding all sides with no place for input..

The problem with using long inserters is the input sides, very often they were not able to pickup item on express belt, thus the output is suffering (the gap i mentioned earlier, but not shown on the pic).
Basically they weren't capable to input a true 2400 item/min .

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.18] Warehousing v0.0.5

Post by Arch666Angel »

If you want more inputs, you can make use of the stack size bonus. An inserter can only take 1 item at a time from a belt, but can move several ones from box to box. So make a contraption like this, with 5 inserters feeding a box line and then funnel the box lines to the warehouse.
Attachments
stack.jpg
stack.jpg (31.95 KiB) Viewed 9144 times

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.18] Warehousing v0.0.6

Post by Anoyomouse »

Just in case anyone missed it, Version 0.0.6!

Now with smart warehouses .. smarter than normal warehouses!
And also in French thanks to Hasturcraft!

Basically a smart chest, but more awesome!

Also, looking at what people are doing with this mod .. wow .. seriously 2400 items a minute .. just wow :shock:
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Russian locale for 0.0.6
Thank you for this mod. Do you know, is it possible to make common inventory for several containers? Wanna make my own mod, that is necessary to me.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

Thanks for the translation, i'll release a 0.0.6b with your translation soon!

And techncially you can combine inventories, but only with advanced lua, i'm not sure how that will impact the engine's performance.

I'm waiting for when they implement luajit so i can make a lua entity

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Thanks for the reply. :)
Is it possible to store my common inventories in global.myMod.commInvs[] for groups of global.myMod.myChests[]? Or it'll make impossible to access such inventories with inserters? Maybe there's some event fired, when they try check inventory to take something? Or when they take.
And how to combine inventories?
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

Hey

Nope, well, the hard part is linking chest.inventory to the global inventory, as that's where inserters will take items from

I haven't really looked much further than this, so it might be possible

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

I've added some functionality to your mod: equalizing warehouses. :) But it's not what I want. I'll try to test some ideas. Thank you, Anonymouse

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Would it be possible to have an auto sort feature (like player inventory) Or perhaps a button to auto sort on demand? Great mod by the way, a keeper in my Factory for sure :)
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ghoulish wrote:Would it be possible to have an auto sort feature (like player inventory) Or perhaps a button to auto sort on demand?
This would probably kill your CPU... :?

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

I figured there was likely a performance reason behind it, hence the on demand idea, assuming such a feature did not have massive game impact, it would be a tool I would use from time to time (even if the game momentarily lagged).
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Sorting a list of a thousand item stacks would only take a single ms. itemstacks are not stored as a series of individual items but a single stack object that knows its item type and item count. Its highly efficient.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.18] Warehousing v0.0.6

Post by Colossus »

I read through the thread to see if there was any mention of this

A friend and I just added Warehousing to our multiplayer game, and whenever one of us opens a warehouse or modifies its contents by adding or removing, the game lags significantly. We're playing with Bob's Mods and a few others. I can add more info if needed.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Colossus wrote:I read through the thread to see if there was any mention of this

A friend and I just added Warehousing to our multiplayer game, and whenever one of us opens a warehouse or modifies its contents by adding or removing, the game lags significantly. We're playing with Bob's Mods and a few others. I can add more info if needed.
It's probably the same reason as this: Re: [0.12.24 steam] fps cut to 30, save specific
Rseding91 wrote:The warehouses mod you're using is what's causing the slowdown. The inventory sizes are massive and the insertion logic has to check all of the slots every time an item is inserted or removed to see if it can insert or what can be removed.

If you remove all of the warehosues the FPS and UPS goes right back to 60/60.

The largest warehouse has 2000 inventory slots which is the function equivalent of checking 41 standard steel chests of contents every time 1 inserter attempts to add or remove an item from one of them.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diilmac »

polish translation made by me
http://pastebin.com/M3qtW2dY

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Just to add my 2 cents, this wonderful mod adds an insane amount of convenience when it comes to storing stuff. Hats off to Anoyomouse.
To top it off, I readjusted some recipes and max capacites to my liking. I figured that this amount of convenience should come at a price. I've been playing with this recipe on my map for the last ~250 hours and it's working well for me:

I also changed the max capacity for all the warehouses to 1700 slots. I just rounded it down from 1728 which is the number of slots that 36 steel chests provide because of the 6x6 footprint of the warehouses. Because of this, I also changed the recipe for the storage warehouse to be in line with the rest of the logistic warehouses.

Another hats off to the author and the devs this time for making this kind of DIY-changes so easy.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

MainTango wrote:...
I also changed the max capacity for all the warehouses to 1700 slots.
Note that large storage capacities can cause significant lag when you load or unload them. (The game has to check through all the slots to find slots to insert into / take out of each time the inserter does anything.)
So if your game suddenly starts grinding to a halt, just be aware why.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

UberWaffe wrote:
MainTango wrote:...
I also changed the max capacity for all the warehouses to 1700 slots.
Note that large storage capacities can cause significant lag when you load or unload them. (The game has to check through all the slots to find slots to insert into / take out of each time the inserter does anything.)
This is main reason why I'm waiting for devs to improve this before using this mod :D Kovarex mentioned that they might look into this at some point.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

UberWaffe wrote: Note that large storage capacities can cause significant lag when you load or unload them. (The game has to check through all the slots to find slots to insert into / take out of each time the inserter does anything.)
Yeah, I'm aware. But I notice a slight performance hit only when I access one of the warehouse's GUI. Otherwise everything runs fine.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Every time an inserter or a bot accesses a warehouse inventory, there will be a performance hit. It may be unnoticed if you have few warehouses and/or a powerful computer, but the way inventories currently work in factorio, it's unavoidable from what I have understood..
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Mods”