Topics and discussion about specific mods
MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.12.12+] Research queue 1.2.6

Post by MrDoomah »

Type: Mod
Name: Research queue
Description: Lets you queue up your research.
License: Image
Version: 1.2.6
Release: 2015-10-21
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.17 - 0.12.34
Category: Convenience
Tags: Research, queue, technology
Download-Url:
research-queue_1.2.6.zip
(49.78 KiB) Downloaded 2032 times
Long description
Version history
Last edited by MrDoomah on Sun May 29, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 21 times in total.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.12] Research queue

Post by MrDoomah »

This mod is far from complete, but it works (in vanilla SP at least) so I decided to release it in order to get some feedback. :D
Last edited by MrDoomah on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Looks awesome! Unfortunately, I have finished the research for my map so I shall add it to my ever increasing list of "watch" mods.

Can't wait to test this out :)

suprnova74
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by suprnova74 »

ok, i have a love-hate relationship with you now.

I love that you made this. i hate that you beat me to it! :) I seriously was researching this for several weeks. I will be looking through your mod to see how you did it. Nice job!

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

suprnova74 wrote:ok, i have a love-hate relationship with you now.

I love that you made this. i hate that you beat me to it! :) I seriously was researching this for several weeks. I will be looking through your mod to see how you did it. Nice job!
Feel free to look at the code. I'm not a good programmer so it might not be the best code you've ever seen. (Other than matlab, everything is self taught). Most of it is to do with gui and making sure that the queue is in a logical order.

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

great mod, so my question how do I reset the qui for this mod for a existing savegame

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

What do you mean by resetting the gui? You can open / close the gui by pressing the research queue button in the top left.

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

well I mean like in the attachment in my save game. Also this mod is install. Just a quick note there is a bug when you queue some research to start and delete a research the list of queue research goes to nothing.
Attachments
screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (40.97 KiB) Viewed 46887 times

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

Hmm, my computer doesn't load your attachement well, it shows a small piece of desert with a thick white border around it. Could you try reuploading it? Perhaps use an exteral image hosting site such as http://imgur.com/?
That being said, I do get why you don't get the gui after installing this mod after you've already got a savegame. This will be an easy fix.I'm in class right now, but check back in about 6 hours or so for an updated version. It is fixed now:
research-queue_1.0.1.zip
(30.08 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
For the curious what the bug is:The mod places the gui button (and some variables) on init and on player_created. Both these events are fired when a new game is started. However an existing game doesn't fire these events, thus no gui is created. And even manually placing the button will probably throw an error because the variables aren't initialised either. I should probably check out the new event when the game state changes, or otherwise use on_load.

Just a quick note there is a bug when you queue some research to start and delete a research the list of queue research goes to nothing.
This is intentional. If you remove a research from the queue, it also checks if that research is a prerequisite to any other research in the list, and removes them also. For example; if your research queue consists of 1) automation, 2) Electronics, 3) Automation 2, and you remove automation, then the queue should be empty because automation is a prerequisite to electronics, and electronics is a prerequisite to automation 2.

If you still get this bug, can you please explain the steps you're doing to create this bug? (Tell me where you click on and what happened and what you think should happen).
Also this mod is install.
What you do mean by that?

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

well ok when I research the following:

Combat robotics
Combat robotics 2

and queue up Combat robotics 3 by accident and would like to delete the "Combat robotics 3". The List of queue other research I queue disappears to noting except the Combat robotics 3 stay up to research and when I change to something else. The research I choose will finish and Combat robotics 3 comes up to start researching.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

speedy45 wrote:well ok when I research the following:

Combat robotics
Combat robotics 2

and queue up Combat robotics 3 by accident and would like to delete the "Combat robotics 3". The List of queue other research I queue disappears to noting except the Combat robotics 3 stay up to research and when I change to something else. The research I choose will finish and Combat robotics 3 comes up to start researching.
Ok, so you say to add combat robotics 3, remove it from the queue and it still researches? Let me look into that.

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

yeah ok I will wait

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Hi, Found your mod after xterminator did a mod spotlight. I love the idea, so after installing it into my modded game (Bobs mostly and some other stuff) and get a crash out of the save.

Any ideas?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Hi, Found your mod after xterminator did a mod spotlight. I love the idea, so after installing it into my modded game (Bobs mostly and some other stuff) and get a crash out of the save.

Any ideas?
If you are on 0.12.13 then a lot mods might crash on load if they store data in lua table in certain way.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Hi, Found your mod after xterminator did a mod spotlight. I love the idea, so after installing it into my modded game (Bobs mostly and some other stuff) and get a crash out of the save.

Any ideas?
Since I didn't even knew 0.12.13 was out, this might be a 0.12.13 issue. If you're on 0.12.12, does a research finish right as you load the save? (Line 265 is in the on_research_finished event).

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I'm on 0.12.13. And yes a research finishes as I load the game.

I'll test with 0.12.12 when I finish work to see if it is the 0.12.13 bug.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

I found the issue, it is not a .13 bug but with the on_configuration_changed script. Somehow (nil or "1.0.0") is not true when nil, but is true when "1.0.0", so I ditched the version check and just initialise again when it noticed that this mod has changed. Not as neat but just as nice.

This new version also fixes the issue speedy45 was experiencing (I think).

Also some other minor changes, but just look at the changelog.
research-queue_1.0.2.zip
(30.16 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] Research queue 1.0.2

Post by speedy45 »

That great to hear, and great mod by the way. So I tested it and works just fine.

dogamusprime
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dogamusprime »

Needs a scrollbar. If there are lots of mods the buttons run off the screen.

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

Yes, I've noticed that after installing bob's mods. For now there is a config file, so you can increase the width of the table. Keep tuned for the next update though ;).

Return to “Mods”