[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Topics and discussion about specific mods
aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.3]

Post by aklesey1 »

The gameplay question - why early burner drill is so weak? it consumes more coal than it can produces - its sad, may be you'll do severl versions of burner drills for new ages? :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

tomtom494
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tomtom494 »

This is a great mod! I like how it completely reworks Factorio, yet keeps its basic mechanics, but as mentioned in a previous post, you cannot put rubber into a research lab, so you cannot progress through technology properly. Is this intended / is there any way around this?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote:The gameplay question - why early burner drill is so weak? it consumes more coal than it can produces - its sad, may be you'll do severl versions of burner drills for new ages? :)
To make the burner drill more efficient put in the bronze drill module. It will make it work much faster :)
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

tomtom494 wrote:This is a great mod! I like how it completely reworks Factorio, yet keeps its basic mechanics, but as mentioned in a previous post, you cannot put rubber into a research lab, so you cannot progress through technology properly. Is this intended / is there any way around this?
The issue is as usual me being an idiot :p I forgot to add rubber to the lab, but it doesn't matter now. I have changed the research a bit as Gecko suggested.
Check it out by downloading the 0.1.4 update :D
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

State of the mod - 1st of February

I have again done a lot of work on the mod these last couple of days. I changed the research a bit, again. You now compile a couple of science packs from different resources and each age introduces new and more advanced science packs.

This update also brings the first stage of the iron age. Most of the locale is missing so items, recipes and machines are missing their name and description. But it is very playable. I suggest starting a new game though, and give some feedback on the speed of the research.

Enjoy
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

How many ages you plan to do and what % of your mod is complete? I can't convince my friends to play your mod unless it's completed. :D

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

cpy wrote:How many ages you plan to do and what % of your mod is complete? I can't convince my friends to play your mod unless it's completed. :D
There will be a steel age, titanium age and one or two more futuristic ages. I would say i am about 15% done. Right now i am completely redoing the oil processing which will take some time.
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I wonder do you work with Bob? He have some nice graphics there and since you kinda extended Bob's mod at first. Well i play both mods now (not at the same time). I have to say I like overhaul better for challenge modes and original Bob for more creative work.

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

If desired I can contribute an EN->GER translation. Just saying. Well, maby it's to early for this.

BTW, Cartmen180 you might want to update the title of the thread. :)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

cpy wrote:I wonder do you work with Bob? He have some nice graphics there and since you kinda extended Bob's mod at first. Well i play both mods now (not at the same time). I have to say I like overhaul better for challenge modes and original Bob for more creative work.
Bob kindly allows me to use all of his gfx and when i started modding here Bob answered my many questions :) But for the rest we don't work together, he does his thing, I do mine. But maybe in the future.. you never know haha.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Gecko wrote:If desired I can contribute an EN->GER translation. Just saying. Well, maby it's to early for this.

BTW, Cartmen180 you might want to update the title of the thread. :)
A german translation would be very nice indeed, but yes it is too early. When I put the mod in beta we can start the translations.
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.1.4]

Post by Airat9000 »

I ran the mod, events but did not notice any change.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

i forgot to add a migration script. If you start a new game you should see a lot of changes.
Check out my mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

cartmen180 wrote:i forgot to add a migration script. If you start a new game you should see a lot of changes.
new game start in 0.1.4

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Airat9000 wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:i forgot to add a migration script. If you start a new game you should see a lot of changes.
new game start in 0.1.4
I will make sure to include migration scripts in the next versions.
Check out my mods

diego-fm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diego-fm »

i've started playing in 0.1.4 and found a problem, a "wall" like you say in the first post.

Researched treefarm, hunting, rubber and simple electronics, and have available for research burner generator and ore to plate, wich require blue science packs.

The problem is that the blue science packs require simpe circuits, wih require solder and transistor, and here comes the showstopper, these require a) iron plates, which you cant process yet, and b) lead and tin plates, which you cant obtain, neither at that moment nor with any later tech i've seen, so you cant progress.

Maybe i'm overseeing something, but at least it's not clear.

Is this just because you are not done yet with this part of the mod? nice looking apart from this thing.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

diego-fm wrote:i've started playing in 0.1.4 and found a problem, a "wall" like you say in the first post.

Researched treefarm, hunting, rubber and simple electronics, and have available for research burner generator and ore to plate, wich require blue science packs.

The problem is that the blue science packs require simpe circuits, wih require solder and transistor, and here comes the showstopper, these require a) iron plates, which you cant process yet, and b) lead and tin plates, which you cant obtain, neither at that moment nor with any later tech i've seen, so you cant progress.

Maybe i'm overseeing something, but at least it's not clear.

Is this just because you are not done yet with this part of the mod? nice looking apart from this thing.
It is both. I am not done yet with this new part and because of that i overlooked the iron requirement for simple circuits. I also have yet to implement the tin and lead processing. Expect a huge playability boost next update.
Check out my mods

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

State of the mod - 10th of February

So here I was working on the 0.1.5 update and had a lot of stuff done when my hdd decided to die. So far I have been unable to recover anything. This means I have to start from the 0.1.4 version again. Very frustrating -_-
Good news though is that I have returned home and am back behind my old faithful pc. Work should go a lot faster on this one haha. Except of course when i get distracted by all my games :p
Some other good news is that I finished my first short story. For the people interested you can find it here.
Check out my mods

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

cartmen180 wrote:So here I was working on the 0.1.5 update and had a lot of stuff done when my hdd decided to die. So far I have been unable to recover anything. This means I have to start from the 0.1.4 version again. Very frustrating -_-
You should use some form of code repository to minimize problems like that. I'd suggest github :)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

No HDD monitors? No backup? You'd make a poor administrator. :P

Return to “Mods”