[0.12.x]Cartmen's Mods Information

Topics and discussion about specific mods
aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.10] Cartmen's Complete Overhaul [ALPHA v0.0.26

Post by aklesey1 »

Serious bug that was in version 0.0.24:
When I pick up the parts assembler that was set on the ground, and in my inventory i get simple assembler instead of parts assembler, so i need to craft this parts assmbler again
Ouch sorry for alert, i see this error is solved in 0.0.26

I wait impatiently, when will be ready machine for natural gas processing :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

The Steel-Chemical mess is a bit of a problem.

To make steel components, you need Basic Chemistry and Blue Assemblers. However, you unlock those recipes far earlier.
I think steel tech should unlock Chemical plants, and those liquid recipies (salt + water for t1 chemical pack, or similar) should use a chemicl plant instead of blue fabricator. Also, there should be a way to either make steel without the nickle, or refine the nickle before you can split... whatever that chemical was that it goes with.
You should be unable to make steel without the blast furnaces. Also, Copper should be 5 crushed ore to 2 copper plates, so as to keep the equalibrium.

Also I need a way to despose of the massive chlorine buildup. Seeing that it is clorine, I could imagine making poison capsules from it. Also being able to just dump it somewhere would be nice.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) What is the difference between stone and limestone?
2) Where can be isued platinum? I've read that it can be used in the food industry as a special case

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

State of the mod - 13th January

Work has been slow this week, there are a lot of clouds that are blocking my solar panels (So I can't recharge my laptop as often as I would like). But there is also some good news, I making some good process with my novel. It's a piece of fanfiction for the upcoming game Star Citizen and so far people are excited about it.

Nevertheless, I have been working on the mod and came to the conclusion that I can make the mod a whole better user experience if I integrate some compatibility with a couple other mods I feel add to the whole hardcore experience. One of those is the Treefarm mod by drs9999. Trees are a proper source for a whole range of products, not even mentioning the fuel value when properly processed.
Another mod I really like is the russian logistics mod by Alex. So I will definitely make that compatible with CCO.

I am also building the mod from the ground up again. I lost overview with all my notes at home and have started anew. My cabin wall is now covered in post-its and papers with all the information pertaining the mod. The research tree will get an even better overhaul and the early game will be more focused on sticks and stones than it has been before.

I have also some plans for the logistics and construction bots, nothing too exciting though. But there will be different tiers, using different materials. Think about lightweight frames, different engines and batteries, where in the early stages of your logistics network you will have to make choices between speed, battery life and carry capacity.

Another thing I will completely redo is the upgrade system for the machines. All machines will have their "mass production" variant in the machine tab. All the different ways to upgrade a machine will then be placed in an upgrade tab (upgrading will always be more expensive than using the "mass production" version. But you often need to upgrade old machines to make the cheaper materials required for the mass-production variant.

Another thought I am playing around with is that instead of higher tier machines having higher bonuses to speed or energy consumption they are just cheaper to make. Instead the bonuses to speed, energy, pollution or efficiency will come from the modules I already introduced in an earlier version. The one thing I am going to change though is the miner modules. They cannot be limited to a recipe, because miners do not use a recipe. But now that I mention it I might be able to bind it to a ghost recipe so you cannot use it for anything else but the miners, but then again you can use a module intended for mining in an oil rig. I guess it will require some honesty on the part of the user.

Taking into regard the two paragraphs above here machines will be a lot more complicated to construct, requiring more diverse materials and parts. As you might have guessed I really enjoyed Gregtech for minecraft.

That's it for these week, I will see if I can make these state of the mod messages a weekly thing.
Of course I will be responding to replies, internet permitting.

Take care and greetings from the Caribbean!
Check out my mods

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

cartmen180 wrote:Nevertheless, I have been working on the mod and came to the conclusion that I can make the mod a whole better user experience if I integrate some compatibility with a couple other mods I feel add to the whole hardcore experience. One of those is the Treefarm mod by drs9999.
Now I'm curious, how this will look ;)

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

Please have the modules say what they could be used for, because the way: make one of evry type and try what it fits in isn't wery convenient. ;)

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

G_glop wrote:Please have the modules say what they could be used for, because the way: make one of evry type and try what it fits in isn't wery convenient. ;)
i will make sure to include descriptions.
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Do you need bobmods to work with this mod or does it complement it or it's best if i don't use it with bobmods?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

cpy wrote:Do you need bobmods to work with this mod or does it complement it or it's best if i don't use it with bobmods?
there appears to be a resource conflict with bob's mod, at this time i suggest not using bob's in combination with mine.
Check out my mods

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I hope tree farm will work, i'll test it today.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

State of the mod - 16th of January

So far things look good. I've started on an user manual so people new to my mod know a bit how it works. It's a combination of information and background story, so definitely a must read for anyone using this mod.

As I am making it now you will start with severe memory loss and only a stone axe in your belt. Using stone and wood you can make your first assembler that does a terrible job at crafting anything, but still does it more consisten than you can. Some basic modules like a saw blade for wood products and a chisel for stone products will significantly increase the assembler's ability to process materials. I have also begon work on intergrating treefarm. So far I have disabled the technologies it adds and changed the recipes for the field and cokery. Treefarm will definitely be a dependency for this mod in the 0.1.0 release.

Further I have some ideas for basic weapons (bow and arrow) to survive in the very early game. I've also started on the bronze age items and machines. Going from the stone age to the bronze age will be a significant step forward in terms of machines. Being able to craft something more precise than a stone gear with a chisel would be casting hot bronze in a mold. This will be done by crafting a mold for a specific item and then combining it with an assembler. The process will be roughly the same for future techs, but of course will be more elaborate, perhaps a machine specially designed for this purpose. But that will have to wait untill the steel age.

I am not sure if I should include the copper age; I am playing around with some ideas, but it seems more like a quick intermediate step to get to the bronze age than it adds anything significant to gameplay.

That's it for today.
As always, enjoy and stay tuned for future updates ;)
Check out my mods

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cartmen180 wrote:State of the mod - 16th of January

So far things look good. I've started on an user manual so people new to my mod know a bit how it works. It's a combination of information and background story, so definitely a must read for anyone using this mod.

As I am making it now you will start with severe memory loss and only a stone axe in your belt. Using stone and wood you can make your first assembler that does a terrible job at crafting anything, but still does it more consisten than you can. Some basic modules like a saw blade for wood products and a chisel for stone products will significantly increase the assembler's ability to process materials. I have also begon work on intergrating treefarm. So far I have disabled the technologies it adds and changed the recipes for the field and cokery. Treefarm will definitely be a dependency for this mod in the 0.1.0 release.

Further I have some ideas for basic weapons (bow and arrow) to survive in the very early game. I've also started on the bronze age items and machines. Going from the stone age to the bronze age will be a significant step forward in terms of machines. Being able to craft something more precise than a stone gear with a chisel would be casting hot bronze in a mold. This will be done by crafting a mold for a specific item and then combining it with an assembler. The process will be roughly the same for future techs, but of course will be more elaborate, perhaps a machine specially designed for this purpose. But that will have to wait untill the steel age.

I am not sure if I should include the copper age; I am playing around with some ideas, but it seems more like a quick intermediate step to get to the bronze age than it adds anything significant to gameplay.

That's it for today.
As always, enjoy and stay tuned for future updates ;)
Cartmen i think many things in your mod looks amazing but idea with natural gas intersting too, waiting for facility, i think natural gas proccessing can be permanent part of gameplay in big mods :D

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

aklesey1 wrote: Cartmen i think many things in your mod looks perfect, but idea with natural gas intersting too, waiting for facility, i think natural gas proccessing can be permanent part of gameplay in big mods :D
Thank you, it is because of people like you enjoying this mod that I keep working on it, that I keep changing things because I can make it better.
It has become apparent to me after hours and hours of research that natural gas processing cannot be left out in a mod that strives for realism. The products that are derived from natural gas are so widespread in use in reallife that it makes an interesting and logical addition to gameplay purposes.
That said I am now focussing on the first part of the game. After playing around with Treefarm, I have done some more research in wood and its deratives like cellulose and methanol. This has given me some more food for thought on using wood for more than just burning it.
Check out my mods

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

The manual idea is great!
But please come up with something else then "severe memory loss", something like "a prisoner sent to an alien infested planet for political crimes" or something, because you aim for realism and in real world parial or severe memory losses have a wey little chance to occur, either you have all your memories or you don't have any, and that goes for not only memories like family, friends, knowldege but also for the most basic memories like advanced muscle control.
And also why would someone transport someone to a planet knowing that he has a memory loss, wouldn't it be better to send a person with technological knowledge to do the job more effectively?

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

you weren't "sent"

my head cannon is that you where really just an intern sent on the colony ship, but... it "crashed" (or got shot down...)

Alex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alex »

Sorry for the "strong English"

This is just my opinion:
* It is extremely difficult administration of items, the group reversed, much relieved in the group named "?".
* Very much! tighten the beginning of the game
* It is absolutely impossible to play with other modes, such as "Bob", double the resources, the intersection of assembly machines, lost recipes and technologes.

Mod requires huge improvements and work.
Mod strongly ruined my impression of the game with it.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Alex wrote:Sorry for the "strong English"

This is just my opinion:
* It is extremely difficult administration of items, the group reversed, much relieved in the group named "?".
* Very much! tighten the beginning of the game
* It is absolutely impossible to play with other modes, such as "Bob", double the resources, the intersection of assembly machines, lost recipes and technologes.

Mod requires huge improvements and work.
Mod strongly ruined my impression of the game with it.
Don't worry, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I know it is impossible to play with other mods right now, that is intentional. Eventually it will be compatible with some mods.

P.s. Can you post your reply in russian?
Check out my mods

Alex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alex »

cartmen180 wrote: Don't worry, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I know it is impossible to play with other mods right now, that is intentional. Eventually it will be compatible with some mods.

Are you russian, to understant that?

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Alex wrote:
cartmen180 wrote: Don't worry, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I know it is impossible to play with other mods right now, that is intentional. Eventually it will be compatible with some mods.

Are you russian, to understant that?
I understand what you are trying to say in english, but i am afraid some of it is lost in translation. I have a russian friend who speake perfect english and translates sometimes some messages for me. So it might be easier for you to reply in russian than in english.
Check out my mods

Alex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alex »

cartmen180 wrote:I understand what you are trying to say in english, but i am afraid some of it is lost in translation. I have a russian friend who speake perfect english and translates sometimes some messages for me. So it might be easier for you to reply in russian than in english.
* Очень сложно находить вещи, они разбросаны по разным группам, но большинство в группе "?" в смешанном виде
* Очень сильно затянуто начало игры (очень долго получать сборщики электроники и частей)
* Абсолютно невозможно играть с другими модами, например "Bob" мод, смешиваются одинаковые ресурсы, теряются навсегда технологии и рецепты, перепутываются здания для сборки.

Пожелания:
* Четко разделить ресурсы, части, промышленность, логистику по группам как это сделано у Bobа или как это сделано у меня в моде: "Russian Logistic", либо использовать стандартные группы
* Если требуется, чтобы что-то не светилось в итемах, нужно просто у этого итема удалить рецепт, он будет появляться только в редакторе карт
* Сделать одинаковые названия для ресурсов с Бобом, но вот рецепты сделать наоборот с другими названиями, и тогда будет для одной запчасти просто несколько рецептов, но зато ничего не потеряется в цепочках других модов
* Все-таки запчасти должны собираться побыстрей, когда они собираются вручную, пока соберешь первый сборочный завод проходит два три дня. Очень долго

Return to “Mods”