[MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7.17

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.9+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.6.23

Post by Narc »

Boogieman14 wrote:
Narc wrote:Very much agreed on the ability to put an ore site back into "add" mode (which would also give an opportunity to reduce its duration -- 10 seconds is a long time to wait, and the only way to bypass the wait is to have another kind of ore handy).
I had a thought on this 'add' mode. Would it be possible to detect when you release the item from the cursor and complete the deposit at that moment?
If you examine the player's cursor_stack every few ticks, you could do it, sure. I like that idea.

RikkiLook
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7 (build 7)

Post by RikkiLook »

Translations into Russian. I'm sorry if there are errors.
Attachments
ru.zip
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7 (build 12)

Post by Narc »

RikkiLook wrote:Translations into Russian. I'm sorry if there are errors.
Very nice, thank you!

That reminded me, it was about time to cut a new release, so here's YARM v0.7.12 (direct download). Together with the new Russian locale, we also have a remote interface for other mods to switch the expansion of the YARM site list. Currently, it's as simple as:

Code: Select all

previous_state = remote.call("YARM", "show_expando", player_index)
previous_state = remote.call("YARM", "hide_expando", player_index)
-- You are also free to use a player name instead of the index

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

This mod has made my life so much easier.. no longer do i need to run out to various outposts to check the remaining volume to bring back to my base...

But i have 1 issue i hope you can help with... can you add a way to change the color's used.. I have issues with various colors clashing.. I am color blind and only see 4 primary colors... being able to select different colors for coal,iron,stone,copper and anything else added would be a great benefit to me as i sometimes struggle with the current colors and background colors..

Thank you

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Anomoly2012 wrote:[...]can you add a way to change the color's used[?]
Yes, I think, but it won't be a very pretty interface (just text boxes to type either values between 0 and 1, or 2-255). If I understand correctly, you would also want to be able to restrict the current automatic gradient to just the key colors (i.e., show the "good" color constantly until reaching the "warning" color level, then show only that until the "depleted" color level).

I think this sounds like an excellent first thing to put into a settings interface. I have recorded it in the future plans. No promises on timing, sorry.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I've now actually used the mod a little bit, and it's very verbose in its output. I think I'd prefer a version that simply maintains a list of the name of each patch (iron_01, iron_02, copper_01) followed by a percentage relative to original (when the mod's gadget was first used on the path) amount (e.g. iron_01 40%, iron_02 97%).

Is there a way to get it to do that? The mod by default puts a lot of text onto my screen, and has relatively few config buttons, and they don't work too intuitively.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Peter34 wrote:I've now actually used the mod a little bit, and it's very verbose in its output.[...]
Future plans do include the ability to choose what columns are visible. I'm none too pleased with how wide it is, either.

That said, I haven't played Factorio in a while; I make no promises as to timing of updates. Which is the primary reason I've made the mods open source -- I will (and have!) gladly accepted patches.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Narc wrote:
Anomoly2012 wrote:[...]can you add a way to change the color's used[?]
Yes, I think, but it won't be a very pretty interface (just text boxes to type either values between 0 and 1, or 2-255). If I understand correctly, you would also want to be able to restrict the current automatic gradient to just the key colors (i.e., show the "good" color constantly until reaching the "warning" color level, then show only that until the "depleted" color level).

I think this sounds like an excellent first thing to put into a settings interface. I have recorded it in the future plans. No promises on timing, sorry.
Does not need to be pretty... just functional... =) I will await your update... when its ready its ready... until then i will do what i have been doing... ask my girl what the words say.. ROFLMAO

I do love this mod... when you have more than 10+ outposts going it makes it so much less of a hastle to check on them...

Thanks.

Cyber_Garret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyber_Garret »

Great mod! Very helpful.
Narc please PM me i create some new graphic icon and bonus images for you mod, if you like new design i send you images.
Technology icon:
http://imgur.com/n7AmuGL
Resource monitor icon:
http://imgur.com/kkXhg38
"What is locked, can be opened,
What is hidden, can be found,
What is yours, can be mine" (c) Garret

My English is very bad, sry.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

This mod is a must have, I really like it. One suggestion: when the list is not expanded, I only see those sites which are close to deplete. It would be cool if the list would also contains sites which still has plenty of resources, but the mining rate is low. Usually that indicates something wrong with the site, electric wires broke, trains stuck, anything.

Cyber_Garret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyber_Garret »

Hi again Narc, i can't write PM :( I thinking about better icon for item "Resource Monitor" later i show you another version. If you need help with the icons\gfx that will be glad to help.

YARM-Graphic.zip
Include:
2 Picture for you forum theme
2 Icon for game
Revamped prototypes.lua for new icon

Images created by me from zero.
"What is locked, can be opened,
What is hidden, can be found,
What is yours, can be mine" (c) Garret

My English is very bad, sry.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

I added YARM to an existing game (12.17), and can't load a save created with YARM active. The previous save (no YARM) is fine, but the current one gets to end of the loading progress bar and hangs.

UPDATE: I left it sit, and after about five minutes, it finally loaded... any ideas why it takes so long?

No actual crash (have to kill the process), so the log isn't terribly informative:
factorio-current
Attachments
02-072.zip
(17.26 MiB) Downloaded 247 times

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

imajor wrote:This mod is a must have, I really like it. One suggestion: when the list is not expanded, I only see those sites which are close to deplete. It would be cool if the list would also contains sites which still has plenty of resources, but the mining rate is low. Usually that indicates something wrong with the site, electric wires broke, trains stuck, anything.
Yes, the plans currently call for several configurable filters and better feedback through some kind of alert system. When I pick this up again, that'll be one of the first things I'll do.

SpeedDaemon wrote:I added YARM to an existing game (12.17), and can't load a save created with YARM active. The previous save (no YARM) is fine, but the current one gets to end of the loading progress bar and hangs.

UPDATE: I left it sit, and after about five minutes, it finally loaded... any ideas why it takes so long?[...]
The more resource tiles (not sites, but actual in-world ore entities) you're tracking, the longer it'll take for Factorio to reload the save as it will need to re-establish the connection between the stored entity references and the ones existing in the world. There are some options I might try to mitigate this, but all it would do is shift the delay from load-time to later -- meaning you'd then have good reason complain that, for the first few minutes after loading a save, you get unpredictable lag spikes.

The best workaround I can offer is to only keep sites you're actually mining, or are about to mine. Be wary of large-area ore patches (the bigger they are, the more impact they have). If using endless resources, remove sites that have reached minimum output, as their entities will keep existing (consuming resources at load-time) but will never change (i.e., no useful feedback).

Cyber_Garret wrote:Hi again Narc, i can't write PM :(
The forum probably needs you to have made a minimum number of useful posts, as an anti-spam measure.
Cyber_Garret wrote:I thinking about better icon for item "Resource Monitor" later i show you another version.
Thanks! I'll wait a few more days, then, while you consider whether to change the item graphic and how.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

Narc wrote:
SpeedDaemon wrote:I added YARM to an existing game (12.17), and can't load a save created with YARM active. The previous save (no YARM) is fine, but the current one gets to end of the loading progress bar and hangs.

UPDATE: I left it sit, and after about five minutes, it finally loaded... any ideas why it takes so long?[...]
The more resource tiles (not sites, but actual in-world ore entities) you're tracking, the longer it'll take for Factorio to reload the save as it will need to re-establish the connection between the stored entity references and the ones existing in the world. There are some options I might try to mitigate this, but all it would do is shift the delay from load-time to later -- meaning you'd then have good reason complain that, for the first few minutes after loading a save, you get unpredictable lag spikes.

The best workaround I can offer is to only keep sites you're actually mining, or are about to mine. Be wary of large-area ore patches (the bigger they are, the more impact they have). If using endless resources, remove sites that have reached minimum output, as their entities will keep existing (consuming resources at load-time) but will never change (i.e., no useful feedback).
Ah... Bob's Mods + RSO = Problems, then. :)

I suppose I don't REALLY need to monitor that iron patch with 14 million units until it's closer to depletion... (although I suspect that once I get my rocket production up and running, a patch like that may only last about 4 hours)

You might add a note about this situation in the first post. That way people will know they can just wait it out and delete some monitors instead of thinking the save is toast.

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

hello i was trying to figure out how to name a resource or combine oil spouts and all i can find on the monitor is the view and delete button. is there something im doing wrong? im playing multiplayer on a local connection and im the host

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

bushbaby1234 wrote:hello i was trying to figure out how to name a resource or combine oil spouts and all i can find on the monitor is the view and delete button. is there something im doing wrong? im playing multiplayer on a local connection and im the host
When you view a site, you can rename it. To merge different deposits (of the same resource!) into a single site, tap each deposit (e.g., oil spouts) in turn before the ten second countdown elapses and the site is created. The countdown resets every time you tap a new deposit. Site addition will be cancelled if you tap the ground, so be precise.

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

Narc wrote:
bushbaby1234 wrote:hello i was trying to figure out how to name a resource or combine oil spouts and all i can find on the monitor is the view and delete button. is there something im doing wrong? im playing multiplayer on a local connection and im the host
When you view a site, you can rename it. To merge different deposits (of the same resource!) into a single site, tap each deposit (e.g., oil spouts) in turn before the ten second countdown elapses and the site is created. The countdown resets every time you tap a new deposit. Site addition will be cancelled if you tap the ground, so be precise.
Thanks thats exactly what i needed. loving the mod btw

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7.15

Post by Narc »

Ladies and gentlemen, beloved followers and other interested parties, here is YARM v0.7.15 (direct download)!

Afforess continues showing awesomeness with #26 and #27 -- a major performance enhancement improving save/load times as well as site addition performance. Overall, this is beyond excellent.

There's also a nice improvement from @zorbathut: #25 allows endless resources to have a base value other than 0%, and thus just stay out of your way even when depleted. Personally, I tend to just remove endless sites when they deplete down to their base production, but having the ability to retain them for remote viewing is obviously a good thing.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Narc has been busy.

Update 7.16 is now out:
https://github.com/narc0tiq/YARM/releas ... 0.7.16.zip
Changes:
Ensure force_data is available when it should be, even if it wasn't created at game init. Which it really should have been.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Kane wrote:Narc has been busy.

Update 7.16 is now out:
https://github.com/narc0tiq/YARM/releas ... 0.7.16.zip
Changes:
Ensure force_data is available when it should be, even if it wasn't created at game init. Which it really should have been.
It's not quite an official release yet, as I'm still thinking of whether there's a way to avoid checking for that stuff every time, but if anyone had a problem (especially if you like to play multi-force games), that should fix it right up for you.

Return to “Mods”