[MOD 0.12.x] Autofill

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Tergiver
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Autofill

Post by Tergiver »

Nexela wrote:Well since someone felt the need to put up a copy of Autofill on the mod portal I guess I don't have to worry about doing any more work on this.
No idea what that person is doing, but I won't be supporting such behavior by downloading it. I can wait for you to get around to it :D

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Nexela wrote:Well since someone felt the need to put up a copy of Autofill on the mod portal I guess I don't have to worry about doing any more work on this.
I hope you will not stop, I have used this version since it was introduced and I don't want to change.
Anyway there is some problem in this latest version, it does not work with trains. If I place a locomotive no fuel is inserted.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I shall fix that shortly, Forgot that they renamed a couple of things.

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

Nexela wrote:I shall fix that shortly, Forgot that they renamed a couple of things.
Thank you!

Rahbek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rahbek »

It seems that trains don't get fueled? Is that on purpose or broken maybe? I didn't edit anything in your mod.
Edit: nvm someone mentioned the trains already ;)

Also could you add support for these two mods:

1) Long Range Turret:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Yehn/LR_Turret

2) Scattergun Turret
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/wodzu93/ ... gun_turret

Would be great! :)

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

The version on the mod portal doesn't work, and the one on github apparently only works with 0.12.... I'm just starting out, placing burner miners and it's complaining about no uranium fuel cells or some nonsense. All I've got is wood.

I love this mod and if someone could update it to work with 0.15, that would be fantastic.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Ambaire wrote:The version on the mod portal doesn't work, and the one on github apparently only works with 0.12.... I'm just starting out, placing burner miners and it's complaining about no uranium fuel cells or some nonsense. All I've got is wood.
The mod portal version (Make sure it's from Nexela) works fine. I've got it working in 0.15.

By default it won't use anything less than coal (Wood/Planks/Poles etc)

If you really want to use all burnables, this information comes from Nexela 2/3 pages back,
Nexela wrote:You would need to create a personal set to overwrite the default behavior or change the settings in loader/vanilla-sets.lua

"fuels-all" -- Use the highest fuel-value item in your inventory
"fuels-high" -- Use the highest fuel-value item you have as long as that item's fuel-value is coal or higher
Option 1 - From the command Line
Option 2 - Edit settings.vanilla-sets.lua

Just be careful. If you don't have wood, it will use any burnable fuel. i.e. your basic Power Poles.

Taszi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Taszi »

Someone know how to modify the MOD use the new Uranium_rounds_magazine when filling Turrets?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I will update this weekend fixing locomotives and adding new uranium ammos

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Nexela wrote:I will update this weekend fixing locomotives and adding new uranium ammos
Very nice.
I'm also waiting for the uranium ammo pew pew

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

321freddy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by 321freddy »

@Nexela
I am the author of the Even Distribution mod and I thought about adding some kind of integration with Autofill. If you haven't heard about Even Distribution, it modifies the vanilla behaviour for CTRL + Click Drag to evenly distribute the items over multiple buildings. My idea was that autofill would use Even Distribution to insert any items into entities that the player placed so it evenly distributes the items rather than using some predefined limit. I guess this could be done via a remote call upon entity creation which passes the entity and the item names to Even Distribution.

What do you think about this? I think it would be neat but only if you want to do this ;)

Sacredd
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sacredd »

Nexela wrote:
Sacredd wrote:Please add support for my mod "Necromant": https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sacredd/necromant

2 items you could add:
Bones charcoal (3 MJ), item is called "necro-bones-charcoal" internally.
And poison ammo, 5+10 dmg, called "necro-poison-ammo" internally.

Thank you.
Thanks for the detailed information.
Fuels should be added automatically. Autofill 2.0 when it is release will also automaticlly add Ammo. If I do another release before 2.0 I will add your ammo in.
Please do.
TemporaryI have just added necro-ammo as vanilla ammo, so the modification will require necromant mod to run:
EDIT
https://ufile.io/cen99 (Ii did a mistake there...)

Fixed it and added Necro ammo as own ammo: https://files.fm/down.php?i=ap9vcmzc&n= ... _1.4.9.zip

goobie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by goobie »

Sorry for the confusion with the other copy of the mod. At the time it didn't work for 0.15 so I uploaded a quick patch called autofill15 to play with some randoms, the credits were not changed in the mod. I was new to the mod portal and I didn't realise you couldn't change the mod name or delete it after the upload

I asked Factorio to delete it so now the modlines are pure!

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Hey Nex,
I've been loving the mod, but what am I doing wrong when a burner inserter gets loaded with 1 rocket fuel that I can't retrieve back?
Regards,
~Bordo

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Can you show me a video or gif of what it is doing?

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Probably easier to explain in precise detail...

I'm late game so I carry 50 units of Rocket Fuel in my inventory along with 50 unit of solid fuel and a bit of coal for certain recipes.

With "Autofill" working normally, it will always put the best fuel in my inventory into whatever item I plop down that needs fuel.

I've been messing with the "Woodcutter" mod and it requires fuel (raw wood is plenty) to keep it going. It actually produces Raw Wood from tree that it magically (& invisibly) cuts down.

Since these outpost don't need electrical poles, I keep them running with all those useless burning inserters from the start of the game.

Unfortunately, the burner inserter gets a whole entire unit of Rocket Fuel because that's the best in my inventory.

OFC, I rather that it took some wood to be more economical and especially in a time where Rocket Fuel is needed for.......rockets.

Once it takes in the rocket fuel, you can't pull it out because it is now a fraction of Rocket Fuel.

...and I think pulling up the machine will send that very large fraction into the void.

See the issue?

Maybe an exception out to be made that Burner Inserters shouldn't grab Rocket Fuel.

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

Hey Nexela (or someone else who knows), question for you peeps

I've been using autofill for quite a while now but when I downloaded the 0.16 version I noticed that if I place a stone furnace it now requests compressed coal-ore via bots (with the blue triangle thingie, it's a technical term :P). Anyways; I know the compressed Coal-ore is from the ore compression mod but my REAL question is that even when I try to pause autofill (which doesn't work for some reason even if I rebind the key) it will request the highest grade fuel I have at that time to be delivered via bots causing my early game to be filled with furnaces blinking with that blue request triangle....can you point me in the direction of the line of code that does this? (or is there a way to disable bot-delivery requests of fuel on something so early game as a basic stone furnace?)

Update: After some further playing I noticed something else that's strange....Autofill will fill an entity with any type of fuel but when placing an entity over a ghost it will then request the fuel delivery to be done via bots (didn't notice this before)

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

I can confirm the behaviour with furnaces... was wondering what was causing that.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

.16 version of autofill has a lot of these issues I am hoping to have some time tonight to iron them out but I am on call until the weekend before christmas :)

Currently none of the keybinds work, I may have forgot to add a toggle for request proxies, and there are some init errors.

RE the fuel issue, I am currently looking into a way to see if a fuel recipe is unlocked but it is no easy task!

Vikfet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vikfet »

Love this mod, play everytime with it.

Have an error in 0.16 (Factorio 0.16.4)

after start i have:
__autofill__/autofill/sets.lua:73: attempt to index field 'forces' (a nil value)
__autofill__changes.lua:34: bad argument #0 to 'log' (Wrong number of arguments.)

After i try to autofill smth:
__autofill__/autofill/autofill.lua:51: attempt to index local 'pdata' (a nil value)

Tried to download Autofill from mod portal and from ingame downloader - does not matter.
Please, help with this issue.

Return to “Mods”