[MOD 0.12.x] Autofill

Topics and discussion about specific mods
thatsIch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Autofill

Post by thatsIch »

Is it possible that it is autofilling when robots place the structure?
Currently I am using your mod to fill in the obnoxious modules, but sadly the robots will not do so.
I guess it is not working since the robots do not have an inventory where they can fetch the modules from?

Thank you :)

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

1.3.12 is available. I hope it fixes overwriting issue without giving more problems.
thatsIch wrote:Is it possible that it is autofilling when robots place the structure?
Currently I am using your mod to fill in the obnoxious modules, but sadly the robots will not do so.
I guess it is not working since the robots do not have an inventory where they can fetch the modules from?

Thank you :)
Could be possible yes. they could take items from player inventory, but I'm not quite sure that is good way in some cases.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

thatsIch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thatsIch »

rk84 wrote:Could be possible yes. they could take items from player inventory, but I'm not quite sure that is good way in some cases.
why not?

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

thatsIch wrote:
rk84 wrote:Could be possible yes. they could take items from player inventory, but I'm not quite sure that is good way in some cases.
why not?
It might be wierd loosing items from inventory while you are not anywhere near of bots/ghosts. Because ghosts can exist 5 minutes and new ones can spawn when entities get destroyed. Oh and multiplayer support can be a headache.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

versvisa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by versvisa »

How can you set the amout of ammo put into a turret? It never puts in more than 10. I want the mod to put in 100 so I dont need to reload the turret for a while.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Autofill 1.3.11

Post by tetryon »

We had some desyncs on our MP server, and believed it to be Treefarm Lite. We upgraded to 0.3.2 - no luck. So we removed treefarm lite, then the server wouldn't start. After that, I found this in the log:

Code: Select all

9.885 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:110: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __autofill__/loader.lua:193: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
   9.885 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:906: networkTick(0) mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
   9.885 Error Main.cpp:328: Couldn't load the game for MP: Error while running the on_configuration_changed: __autofill__/loader.lua:193: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Line 193 appears to be:

return game.item_prototypes[a].fuel_value > game.item_prototypes[b].fuel_value

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Perhaps removing the mod left an item that wasn't removed yet but didn't exist any more, an autofill needs to test each index that it isn't nil perhaps?

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

roy7 wrote:Perhaps removing the mod left an item that wasn't removed yet but didn't exist any more, an autofill needs to test each index that it isn't nil perhaps?
Beats me :) but the server did start up after autofill was removed too.

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

Hello, love this mod, i was wondering if you could add the magazines and turrets from factoio extended to this mod please, also i dont know if this is a bug but you have the turert from ammobox setup in the files but it does not actually autofill, is it because of yhe requester chest in the gun?,

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi,

I have also Torches_0.2.2 mod (craft simple torches to get light at the early stage), but if I try to remove Torches mod, I have an error while loading my map :
factorio pb autofill torches.jpg
factorio pb autofill torches.jpg (28.77 KiB) Viewed 8352 times
I suspect that torches is also a potential fuel, but I do not know how to correct the problem...

torches is here : viewtopic.php?f=87&t=13479
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

sodyaler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sodyaler »

Tristitan wrote:Hello, love this mod, i was wondering if you could add the magazines and turrets from factoio extended to this mod please, also i dont know if this is a bug but you have the turert from ammobox setup in the files but it does not actually autofill, is it because of yhe requester chest in the gun?,
I'm having the same problem with bobs mods ammo types. Tried everything and I can't get it to autofill with any ammo type from bobs warfare.

Fexzz_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fexzz_ »

Hey, I just installed Autofill and everytime I try to start a game (either through loading or starting a new game) I get the following error:

_ _autofill_ _/control.lua:23: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

Any advice appreciated,

greetings

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

What version of Autofill are you trying to use ? And with what version of the game ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Vulkandrache
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vulkandrache »

Can someone explain to me, step by step, what i need to change to have the mod use only wood as fuel for the car?

Reapersfault
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Reapersfault »

Koub wrote:What version of Autofill are you trying to use ? And with what version of the game ?

I assume he is using the one he downloaded from factoriomods.com. Which is the same one I have, giving me the same problems.

But the one on that site is only on version 1.3.2 somehow. It shows that it hasn't updated in 9 months. Seeing as there is now a 1.3.12, I suspect some foul play :p.

cluster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cluster »

Had an issue with this mod on Linux. It seems like there is strict filename checking against the mod name in info.json .

The factorio log had the following error.

Error Util.cpp:58: Filename of mod /home/chris/.factorio/mods/Autofill-1.3.12 doesn't match the expected autofill_1.3.12 (case sensitive!)
Simply renaming the directory or zip file to what it is expecting (lowercase and underscore not a hyphen) allowed it to load.

Oldhard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oldhard »

how to change the default amount of ammunition inserted into turrets

Now i heave
http://i.imgur.com/eDDVld0.jpg

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

binbinhfr wrote:Hi,

I have also Torches_0.2.2 mod (craft simple torches to get light at the early stage), but if I try to remove Torches mod, I have an error while loading my map :
factorio pb autofill torches.jpg
I suspect that torches is also a potential fuel, but I do not know how to correct the problem...

torches is here : viewtopic.php?f=87&t=13479
I have the same problem, except with the treefarm mod. Error message: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2813&start=170#p148210

autofill_1.3.12
factorio 0.12.29

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

autofill_1.3.13 is released.
Fuel related issues should be fixed.
Ammobox had name change.
added 5dim set by Flow86

I fail to launch bob's mod so that one is still undone.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Thanks for fixing the problems. (Haven't tested yet though)
Could you make drop-in ready release packages in the future? Kind of annoying to download, unzip, rename to Autofill_1.3.13 and then move to mod directory when all other mods are just 1 step, drop the zip into the mod directory.
Also would be nice if the mod supported the aircraft from viewtopic.php?f=93&t=14370
It's the vehicle I carry around but since autofill isn't compatible I usually just forget about it and run instead.

Return to “Mods”