[0.17]AutoTrash 4.1.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.7]AutoTrash 0.0.4

Post by waduk »

Choumiko wrote:It also accounts for items in the toolbar.
What might get you confused is: Autotrash adds the requested amount to the number it should keep. So in your example it will trash bots over 100.
Perhaps it would be better to not add them up but use the maximum instead?
Ahh,..so that's the case.
Yeah, i think it would better if it goes like that.
Less confusing.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.7]AutoTrash 0.0.3

Post by Choumiko »

AutoTrash 0.0.5
  • updated for Factorio 0.12.11
  • keep maximum of requested items and amount set in Autotrash in inventory, instead of the sum
Edit: You should only upgrade from 0.0.4, since i took the opportunity to remove old migration code

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11]AutoTrash 0.0.5

Post by waduk »

Wow, an update across many of your mod. Thank you.

Sadly I can't use it yet, report say Rail Tanker Mod is broken due new update, i will stick to 0.12.10 until that resolved.

MakiabelMFE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11]AutoTrash 0.0.5

Post by MakiabelMFE »

Hey, fantastic mod! Though I wanted to report that when clicking on the gui button for the trash it prints: AutoTrash /gui.lua:103: "for" limit must be a number.
I'm on 0.0.5 and Factorio 0.12.11 for reference if that may have anything to do.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.7]AutoTrash 0.0.3

Post by Choumiko »

AutoTrash 0.0.51
[list][*]updated for Factorio 0.12.12
[*]minor changes[/list]

Note: requires Factorio 0.12.12

MakiabelMFE wrote:Hey, fantastic mod! Though I wanted to report that when clicking on the gui button for the trash it prints: AutoTrash /gui.lua:103: "for" limit must be a number.
I'm on 0.0.5 and Factorio 0.12.11 for reference if that may have anything to do.
Should be fixed.

Edit: Completely borked version
Last edited by Choumiko on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.51

Post by waduk »

AutoTrash_0.0.51is crashing on Factorio 0.12.12.

To reproduce,
  1. Save file is made in 0.12.10 with AutoTrash_0.0.4.
  2. Load in 0.12.12 with AutoTrash_0.0.51
  3. Save file again with 0.12.12
  4. Load the file in 0.12.12
  5. Crash to desktop

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.51

Post by Choumiko »

AutoTrash 0.0.52
  • Fixed saves being unloadable/causing CTD
Should only affect those few that used 0.0.51 already.
If the only save you have left is with 0.0.51: Disable Autotrash, load the save. Save it and reenable with Autotrash 0.0.52. (settings will be lost)
If you have a save with an older version simply using 0.0.52 should work
waduk wrote:AutoTrash_0.0.51is crashing on Factorio 0.12.12.
Thanks for noticing. I was doing some work on another mod and thought that was the cause..

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.52

Post by waduk »

I'm a lucky guy when it comes to bug finding ;)
But mostly because i test all mod one by one to see which one is causing the problem (phew ! So many saving and loading !)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

When I'm just about to ask other mods: Isn't this mod stable enough to be moved to to Helper Mods?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

ssilk wrote:When I'm just about to ask other mods: Isn't this mod stable enough to be moved to to Helper Mods?
Same as SmartTrains, not yet. Got 2 weeks off starting November 9th, after that (maybe)

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Would it be possible to increase the number of slots available for autotrash? It feels like there's just a few too many items for vanilla that I want to autotrash, and it is even worse when using something like Bob's Mods. I've tried to up the numbers but haven't been able to get it to work properly.

Perhaps an adjustable config file, kind of like what Bobs/RSO does?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

After researching trash slots 2 there should be 30 slots, isn't that enough? :o I guess i could make it adjustable in a certain range (i really don't want to add the need for multiple pages), i guess the max that would fit on screen without the inventory overlapping is 4x18 slots

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Well, here I am in vanilla with all thirty used up, and wishing I had room for more: http://imgur.com/lomgPZa

It's possible that I am using the mod in a different way than you intended. I set virtually every item that I have requested as a trash item as well. I leave it at '0' so that when I request say 600 green circuits the robots will focus on that number. If I go over they take away, if I go under they bring more. I just always want to have for example, 3 stacks of this, 2 stacks of this, etc. So I use it beyond just 'take out the iron sticks and plastic and wood'.

Perhaps you could make that a default behavior instead? Or an optional behavior? "Autotrash above requested logistic amounts"

Alternatively,I would love if it just added another 10 or so every logistics tech, but I think it would be even better if it was easily configurable. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, but adjusting things like "MAX_CONFIG_SIZE = 10" doesn't seem to change anything.

BTW, this mod has officially become my 'best mod ever' for Factorio, even ahead of RSO. And I say it often in my videos ;) So, great job at making robots as smart as they really should be

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NearlyDutch »

My suggestion would be to add two kinds of modes: whitelist and blacklist.

In whitelist mode, anything that isn't on the whitelist will be put into the trash slots automatically. For exampl, let's say you only want 200 of iron, copper and green circuits. Everything above that or of a different item type will be trashed.

In blacklist mode, only things you configure will be put into the trash slots (up until the desired threshold). So, you keep all the items, but the ones configured in the mod.

Those modes would probably support all the ways of using this mod. Arumba would use the whitelist mode and just specify which amount of which items is allowed in his inventory. Everything else will be trashed. This solution would be very flexible while still being quite easily implementable (I do something similar with the target and exclude modes of the filtered deconstruction planner).

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Arumba wrote:I leave it at '0' so that when I request say 600 green circuits the robots will focus on that number. If I go over they take away, if I go under they bring more. I just always want to have for example, 3 stacks of this, 2 stacks of this, etc. So I use it beyond just 'take out the iron sticks and plastic and wood'.

Perhaps you could make that a default behavior instead? Or an optional behavior? "Autotrash above requested logistic amounts"
I'll make it optional for now. Every item that you have set in your requests will then be autotrashed if above the requested amount. That's what you want if i understood correctly
Arumba wrote:Alternatively,I would love if it just added another 10 or so every logistics tech, but I think it would be even better if it was easily configurable. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, but adjusting things like "MAX_CONFIG_SIZE = 10" doesn't seem to change anything.

BTW, this mod has officially become my 'best mod ever' for Factorio, even ahead of RSO. And I say it often in my videos ;) So, great job at making robots as smart as they really should be
Yeah, the config size in hardcoded in some strange places i think. I'll look into making easier to change (and maybe add a config/command) to add technologies that should increase the size?
NearlyDutch wrote:In whitelist mode, anything that isn't on the whitelist will be put into the trash slots automatically. For exampl, let's say you only want 200 of iron, copper and green circuits. Everything above that or of a different item type will be trashed.

In blacklist mode, only things you configure will be put into the trash slots (up until the desired threshold). So, you keep all the items, but the ones configured in the mod.
Blacklist is how it currently works, whitelist sounds like it would be only usefull if i wan't to have less items in my inventory then i want to be trashed? (as this would minimize the effort to configure AutoTrash) Personally i'm mostly fine with trashing ores and low tier belts, but mod usage may be different as we learned :D

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NearlyDutch »

Yes blacklist is how it works right now. Whitelist would basically keep your inventory completely empty (apart from some necessary exceptions like blueprints and deconstruction planner items I guess). You basically specify only the items that are allowed in your inventory and how much of them. It's a way of saying "trash everything, but". For example, if you upgrade an old build with new assembling machine 3s, you now have the old ones in your inventory.

In blacklist mode, those would than automatically be trashed without you having to specify the auto trash behavior for that particular case. Same goes for all other upgradeable stuff like belts. It would be quite an extensive auto trash list if you'd need to configure that behavior for every of those cases while the other way around (just allowing the configured items) would be much simpler. That is of course, if you use auto trash in that way.

I wrote that idea last night "under the influence", so now I see some possible problems with it, but in general I think it could be useful for some people.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to AutoTrash 0.0.54
  • added option to automatically trash items above requested amount
  • make # of config slots changeable (max of 80)

Using /c remote.call("at","setConfigSize", 10, 80) will change the number of slots to 10 for the first trash slot research and to 80 for the second research
NearlyDutch wrote:In blacklist mode, those would than automatically be trashed without you having to specify the auto trash behavior for that particular case. Same goes for all other upgradeable stuff like belts. It would be quite an extensive auto trash list if you'd need to configure that behavior for every of those cases while the other way around (just allowing the configured items) would be much simpler. That is of course, if you use auto trash in that way.

I wrote that idea last night "under the influence", so now I see some possible problems with it, but in general I think it could be useful for some people.
Yeah, there are a few problems, i'll keep thinking about it. For now a max of 80 slots + autotrashing above requested amount should be enough :D

Jelgadis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jelgadis »

anyone interesting new button icon from new tech. icon?
Attachments
gui.png
gui.png (208.79 KiB) Viewed 6799 times

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

Just tested it out and this is fantastic. You solved my 'problem' in both ways, and it works flawlessly. Best mod ever. Basically works now *exactly* like I originally expected logistic trash slots to work back when they were added to vanilla. I was so disappointed with them then, because they are still completely manual, and this game is all about *automation*.

Well done!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Jelgadis wrote:anyone interesting new button icon from new tech. icon?
Oh nice, can i use them? Saves me the trouble of starting up gimp :)
Arumba wrote:Best mod ever. Basically works now *exactly* like I originally expected logistic trash slots to work back when they were added to vanilla. I was so disappointed with them then, because they are still completely manual, and this game is all about *automation*.

Well done!
Thank you, was nice to work on a nearly forgotten mod for a bit :D

Return to “Mods”