Re: [MOD 0.15|0.14]AutoTrash 2.0.1

Post by Nexela »

Does this happen with Factorio .15.23?

Krangth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krangth »

Yes, it is happening 0.15.23. It was also happening in 0.15.22. I've only been playing on the 15 branch. It was fine through several updates over the weeks.

Krangth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krangth »

I temporarily disabled autotrash and then saved game without it. Re-enabled autotrash and the mod has returned to functioning. Probably just a misbehaving collection in memory.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

It's probably because 0.15.22 had a bug where some mod guis would be falsely removed (mentioned in FFF #196)

I'll make an update that does nothing but readding the gui if it's missing. That should fix it for anybody who was playing on 0.15.22

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

AutoTrash didn't work on New Game in 0.15.23 (not migration save from 0.15.22)
Disabling and re-enabling again like Krangth suggested didn't fix it :(

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Works fine for me in a new game after researching Logistic or Trash slots.

Any other mods?

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Choumiko wrote:Works fine for me in a new game after researching Logistic or Trash slots.

Any other mods?
My list of mod, haven't tried disabling them one by one to see which one cause conflict.
List of mod

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

waduk wrote:
Choumiko wrote:Works fine for me in a new game after researching Logistic or Trash slots.

Any other mods?
My list of mod, haven't tried disabling them one by one to see which one cause conflict.
List of mod
Update:
Sorry my bad, turns out it is working.
I didn't know Auto Trash is excluding item in the quickbar, only main inventory, right ?
Also, in the description, it said if we click without icon/item, it should opened GUI.
But no, it doesn't open anything. Can only be set with an item/icon in-hand.
That's two reason i thought it doesn't work. :oops:

Svartrockstomten
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Svartrockstomten »

With bobs mods the Logistics Configuration frame is too large.
The Auto trash configuration frame has a max height and is scrollable. Why not do the same for the other one?
Attachments
logi.PNG
logi.PNG (997.44 KiB) Viewed 6108 times

Mandabar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mandabar »

Hey Choumiko, Just wanted to pop my head in to see if this would be getting an update for .17 soon or if there will be a wait. I noticed FARL got a quick update so I thought to give a poke.

Love your mods, thanks!~

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I worked a bit on it yesterday. Got it to load, changed the UI a bit and started to wonder if there still is a need for the mod?
After not really playing Factorio for a long time, the whole setting up Autotrash seemed really clunky and annoying to me, compared to setting up the vanilla autotrash.

That being said, i will probably have a release up sometime during the weekend that is mostly unchanged.

Feel free to post any suggestions for new features, or simply feedback about what is good and bad (besides the UI, i know that :mrgreen: ). Currently i think all i would use Autotrash for is to dump all wood and keep a few hundred belts in my inventory, but that could also be done in vanilla

fertavfer4
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fertavfer4 »

Thanks for working on the mod update! More than the auto trash setup, the ability to have different Logistics Requests setups is AWESOME!

I usually have one to build mining outposts, one to build base, one to fight, etc. Changing that with the click of a button is waaay better than having to select each item individually every time i`m off to do something.

Thanks again!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Choumiko wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 am
I worked a bit on it yesterday. Got it to load, changed the UI a bit and started to wonder if there still is a need for the mod?
After not really playing Factorio for a long time, the whole setting up Autotrash seemed really clunky and annoying to me, compared to setting up the vanilla autotrash.

That being said, i will probably have a release up sometime during the weekend that is mostly unchanged.

Feel free to post any suggestions for new features, or simply feedback about what is good and bad (besides the UI, i know that :mrgreen: ). Currently i think all i would use Autotrash for is to dump all wood and keep a few hundred belts in my inventory, but that could also be done in vanilla
Your AutoTrash has some features that sets it apart from vanilla auto trash.
1) set to only auto trash in a certain logistic network
2) dump everything not requested without fiddling in trash for every item
3) dump everything above requested amount without fiddling in trash for every item
4) save request and trash configuration

The UI to select items could be removed and instead use the vanilla player ui. I definitely would keep the part to save and restore different configurations.
The way it works could be brought up to date using built in auto trash filters instead of adding items stack by stack to trash slots.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Just updated for 0.17
Optera wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:05 pm
The UI to select items could be removed and instead use the vanilla player ui. I definitely would keep the part to save and restore different configurations.
The way it works could be brought up to date using built in auto trash filters instead of adding items stack by stack to trash slots.
I changed the UI to use choose-elem.button instead of the old abusing-checkbox-for-sprite-button. I don't want to remove it right now, it might be useful that the changes only get applied after you click save and not instantly like vanilla.

Turns out my implementation of autotrash doesn't suffer from the problem that if you request e.g. 200 of an item and set vanilla autotrash to 150 of that item, you end up with a bunch of bots constantly hovering over you :)
I guess i could check for that when saving the requests/trash and change the value accordingly.

I might improve on the unique features, allowing multiple networks where it's active (maybe even tying stored configs to networks?), allow multiple autotrash configs to be saved like with logistics requests.
Thanks for the feedback
Last edited by Choumiko on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mandabar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mandabar »

Choumiko wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 am

Hey Choumiko thanks for giving it a kick! Some of the best features is the ability to enable/disable logistics with a keybind. Great for post death! Another is setting WHICH network is your main network that way you aren't dropping off trash in all those subnetworks. These are just not available in vanilla at all.

Another that I do enjoy is the "autotrash above logistic requests" option. A lot easier then having to manually do so for every request because bots will invariably bring more than the one stack I wanted and I'll have two spots taken up in inventory for each request. A full stack and a stack of 1-2 items. Also those moments when I change the logistic amount for higher... and don't change my autotrash amount and confuse the bots the heck out and have some epic churn in my inventory and bots above my head.

Some of the features are unused though with the changes Vanilla has gone through.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17]AutoTrash 4.1.2

Post by Choumiko »

Version: 4.1.2
Date: 16. 06. 2019
Features:
  • Combined logistic requests and trash configuration into one window
  • Click and drop: Hold shift when clicking a configured item, then shift click another button to swap the buttons
  • It is now possible to load multiple presets at once. If more than one preset contains an item, the maximum request/trash amount is chosen
  • Right click the main button to quickly load and apply a preset
  • Shift + Right click the main button to display the status of your requests
  • Different colors for indicating the status of an order:
    • grey: All items are delivered
    • red: Not enough items available in the network
    • yellow: Items are on the way
    • blue: Some items are on the way but the order can't be fulfilled
  • Added buttons to automatically load stored presets when respawning
  • Added buttons to import/export the configuration. Holding shift when clicking the export button creates a blueprint with constant combinators containing the configuration
  • Added multiple mod settings:
    • Pause requests after respawning
    • Reset configuration when closing the gui without applying the changes
    • Close gui when applying the changes
    • Overwrite presets
    • Adjust the number of rows/columns to be displayed

Der_Failer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Der_Failer »

Hey i just tried to load a save after updating your mod and was greeted by the error. If you need the entire log or the save file i would be happy to provide that.

Code: Select all

33.800 Applying migration: Auto Trash: 2019-04-24_AutoTrash_4.0.5.lua
  33.800 Applying migration: Auto Trash: 2019-06-12_AutoTrash_4.1.2.lua
  33.986 Script @__AutoTrash__/control.lua:190: Updating AutoTrash from 4.0.6 to 4.1.2
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/migration.lua:110: Updating data for player Der_Failer, index: 1
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/lib_control.lua:146: Error updating:
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/lib_control.lua:146: __AutoTrash__/gui.lua:969: attempt to index local 'character' (a nil value)
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/lib_control.lua:146: Resetting AutoTrash configuration for player Der_Failer
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/lib_control.lua:146: Error updating:
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/lib_control.lua:146: __AutoTrash__/migration.lua:191: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
  33.987 Script @__AutoTrash__/lib_control.lua:146: Resetting AutoTrash configuration for all players
  34.085 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1402: The mod Auto Trash caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event AutoTrash::on_configuration_changed
Gui element with name autotrash_status_flow already present in the parent element.
stack traceback:
	__AutoTrash__/gui.lua:832: in function 'init'
	__AutoTrash__/control.lua:130: in function 'init_player'
	__AutoTrash__/migration.lua:230: in function 'to_4_1_2'
	__AutoTrash__/control.lua:200: in function <__AutoTrash__/control.lua:182>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'add'
	__AutoTrash__/gui.lua:832: in function 'init'
	__AutoTrash__/control.lua:130: in function 'init_player'
	__AutoTrash__/migration.lua:230: in function 'to_4_1_2'
	__AutoTrash__/control.lua:200: in function <__AutoTrash__/control.lua:182>

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Version: 4.1.3
Date: 16. 06. 2019
Changes:
  • Added command: /at_import : Imports the vanilla request and trash settings into the mod gui
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed error when updating players without a character
Should be fixed in the latest update.

You seem to have no character attached to your player. If that is the case permanently, then AutoTrash will do nothing for you, since a character is required to have Request and Trash slots

Der_Failer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Der_Failer »

Choumiko wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:36 pm
You seem to have no character attached to your player. If that is the case permanently, then AutoTrash will do nothing for you, since a character is required to have Request and Trash slots
Ah ok well the save is a testing world in editor mode, in which i create and test designs for my modded freeplay world, so yes i don't use autotrash in that save, but i of course don't change the mods every time i switch between them. :)

Thanks for the quick response and fix. :)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

G'day. Thanks so much for AutoTrash. Makes logistics much, much better.

I did have a feature request: right now updating a logistics preset is harder than I feel it should be. ...or I'm too dumb to find the right button, I guess?

Anyway, I think it would be very nice to either make the green check mark update the "active" default (if there was only one), or to put an "update" button next to the preset along with trash and "on death."

That'd make it quicker than having to type in the same name. (Plus I wouldn't be so inclined to name them "a" "b" "c" :)

Return to “Mods”