[0.17]AutoTrash 4.1.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
GluAp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17]AutoTrash 4.1.5

Post by GluAp »

Hello Choumiko.

I'd like to ask (very nicely), whether this mod is still in (feature) development.
I recently started my first Bobs/Angels playthrough and I'm getting a little annoyed by how many assembling type machines I can use. To get what I need I can either walk to my 'chaos (not KoS) mall' and pick up stuff manually or each time make a temporary logistic request that I have to delete every time after I had everything delivered.

By chance I just found out that this 'make temporary logistic requests' is on your todo list for this mod. Hence my question.
Will there be an update in the foreseeable future?

Anyway, thank you for this mod.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Yes, i still plan on adding features. Although right now i'm waiting on the character screen changes that are planned to be in Factorio 0.18, since they will affect how requests and trash settings work.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

0.18.9, 5.0.2 Small Graphical Bug

Post by Ghoulish »

When you set Rows Before Scrolling to 10 the scroll bar moves from its default position. Small bug - as setting it to 9 is basically the same!

ytdcf76df.png
ytdcf76df.png (232.71 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

That scrollbar is added by Factorio if mod guis get to tall.
(Reason was that buttons at the bottom weren't clickable anymore: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=67799)

I get the same result if i open 2 mod guis at the same time(e.g. AutoTrash and FatController), with Rows before scrolling set to 6

Screenshot from 2020-03-12 10-00-00.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-12 10-00-00.png (491.84 KiB) Viewed 2629 times

_Attila_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _Attila_ »

AutoTrash 5.1.1 & Factorio .18.18

Export AT request presets to BP, edit BP title, Save Blueprint, Clear all presets in AT, Import BP -> all requests are turned into trash requests.
Importing BP without the edit and save works as intended.
Attila's QuickBar Mod - Auto-links hand crafted item to first free quickbar slot if not already linked.
Attila's Signals Mod - Alternate signals to use in same circuit as standard signals.
Attila's Zoom Mod - Modifies zoom functionality.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Hmm, yeah. That's kind of a bug, but then again not, since the feature to export to BP is/was mainly for debugging the export feature :D

The created blueprint uses the combinators positions to determine whether something is a request or trash config. Saving the blueprint manually messes with those positions (notice how the Autotrash created blueprint has the cursor sticking to the top left combinator. After saving the BP it's centered between the 2 rows)

I'll think about a way to change how import/export uses blueprints.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Thanks for Auto Trash. Still one of my favorite mods, total! I think I may have found a bug somewhere in the latest version, Factorio 0.18.30, but I'm not 100 percent sure what it is.

What I did:
  • Add an item (copper ore) by clicking on an empty field, then selecting it.
  • Drag requests down to zero. Ignored the trash selector, which was the default infinity.
  • Apply and close GUI. (I have the option set to auto-close.)
What I expected: The requested count and the trash count would be set to zero. (Note: this isn't a bug, I'm pretty sure, though "request nothing, allow infinity" is a strange way to spell "do nothing" :)

What I got: The requested count was zero and the trash count was infinity.

What was the bug? When I reopen the GUI I see the request slider at zero, the trash slider at maximum, and the text fields are completely empty. No text at all. If I move either slider they repopulate as normal.

What I think is a second bug is that in this state the "Quick Action" "Set Trash to Requests" seems to do nothing either. I'd expect that to set trash to zero as well, but given the confused, empty text field, maybe it'd work fine if the first bug was fixed.

I'm pretty sure the bug is *not* that "what I expected" didn't happen, by the way. It may be strange, but it isn't technically wrong -- and maybe "request none, allow any amount" is useful for keeping something when you switch to another profile or something.

PS: I would kind of love a "zero / one stack (or 'clear') / infinity" set of buttons next to those slider/text things for requests and trash. maybe "set to {the other one}". Like the quick actions, but buttons in a slightly wider UI, so even quickerer. :) Might just be me that loves that though.

Didi 2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Didi 2 »

Hey guys, I like this game very much and recently tried the Autotrash mod. For some reason the Autotrash unrequested items feature doesn't work for me. It did in the start for a few hours. But then the items I didn't request are no longer being trashed. I can't figure out why, nor do I know a lot of people who use this mod. Check out Images 1 and 2, screenshots of the problem. Is this normal with the mod or how do I fix it?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Adi

Image 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5qmubgqcy178 ... 6.png?dl=0

Image 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9873kf9i3615n ... 0.png?dl=0

Return to “Mods”