[MOD 0.12.x] RAGE Ore Processing 0.1.4

Post by Rage »

RAGE Ore Processing
Reasonably Angry Gaming Environment

Info
  • Name: RAGE Ore Processing
  • Version: 0.1.4
  • Factorio Version: 0.12.x
  • Description: A resource amplification mod.
  • License: CC BY-NC 4.0
  • Release: 2015-8-19
screenshots
Description
download
IMPORTANT
For Factorio version 0.12.11: For locales and migrations to work, you need to unzip the download and add the version number to the end of the folder. If you are updating from 0.1.2 then you will need to do this, regardless of if you care about the locales, as i changed an item name.
This has been fixed as of 0.12.12

Final note: I made this mod for myself and then cleaned it up for a public release. Ideas and thoughts on balancing are welcome. Have fun :)
Last edited by Rage on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] RAGE Ore Processing 0.1.2

Post by ZombieMooose »

Does this work with any ore added by mods, or just vanilla ores?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] RAGE Ore Processing 0.1.2

Post by Rage »

diongham wrote:Does this work with any ore added by mods, or just vanilla ores?
Currently only setup for vanilla ores.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] RAGE Ore Processing 0.1.2

Post by hitzu »

As I understand this mod allows to produce more plates at the expense of additional electricity and alien artifacts, right?

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

hitzu wrote:As I understand this mod allows to produce more plates at the expense of additional electricity and alien artifacts, right?
Correct, it works with both iron and copper, and has a 50% yield gain with each iteration of the sequence.
Note that the ore output of the processing can only be used for making plates and can't be used for things like concrete that require regular ore.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Rage wrote:
hitzu wrote:As I understand this mod allows to produce more plates at the expense of additional electricity and alien artifacts, right?
Correct, it works with both iron and copper, and has a 50% yield gain with each iteration of the sequence.
Note that the ore output of the processing can only be used for making plates and can't be used for things like concrete that require regular ore.
Cool. It's a really good way to sink millions of artifacts. But I don't know where to spend so much metal :D

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

Update released. 0.1.3 is now the most recent version.
Note if you're running Factorio 0.12.11: Devs changed something so now locales and migrations don't work with zipped mods. You'll need to extract and make sure the folder name is the same as the zip name.
If you're updating from 0.1.2 to 0.1.3 and running Factorio 0.12.11 you will need to do this this because I've got a migration in there, if you don't you'll loose ROP Circuits.
No significant changes from 0.1.2, mainly a name change and a new icon for the ROP Circuit.

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

Quick Update: 0.1.4 is now the live version.
I forgot to add a migration for the recipe change in 0.1.3, it's there now in 0.1.4.
hitzu wrote:
Rage wrote:
Cool. It's a really good way to sink millions of artifacts. But I don't know where to spend so much metal :D
Not a bad problem to have.

capthavic
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] RAGE Ore Processing 0.1.4

Post by capthavic »

Question: so purifying increases the smelting speed and processing creates more purified ore for each unit normal ore put through, correct?

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

capthavic wrote:Question: so purifying increases the smelting speed and processing creates more purified ore for each unit normal ore put through, correct?
Correct. Though the purified ore can then only be either processed or used for plates. You're able to get more plates out of your input iron this way, but you can't use it for anything else.

capthavic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by capthavic »

Rage wrote:
capthavic wrote:Question: so purifying increases the smelting speed and processing creates more purified ore for each unit normal ore put through, correct?
Correct. Though the purified ore can then only be either processed or used for plates. You're able to get more plates out of your input iron this way, but you can't use it for anything else.
Makes sense, I figured that processed ore wouldn't work with recipes (such as concrete flooring) that required normal raw ore. Anyway liking the mod so far, my biggest issue is just gathering enough alien material to keep up with production. Any suggestions for that would be very welcome ^w^

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

capthavic wrote:--SNIP--

Makes sense, I figured that processed ore wouldn't work with recipes (such as concrete flooring) that required normal raw ore. Anyway liking the mod so far, my biggest issue is just gathering enough alien material to keep up with production. Any suggestions for that would be very welcome ^w^
Lots of destroyer capsules, lots and lots of destroyer capsules.
Also I'm working on a solution for that, but given the rate at which I'm working on this stuff, it might be a while.

123nick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 123nick »

will u add compatability for other mods? like bobs ores ?

Return to “Mods”