[MOD 0.17.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Will absoultely be updating this soon. However, there is a fatal error resulting from trying to use burner equipment currently, so until that is fixed I won't be able to do everything.

Conduits are being removed, at least for now. - There is a mod that adds a world entity that charges equipment if you stand near it, and really quickly. Conduits I never fully likely since they made you want to add and remove them. Swapping them out constantly was something I really didn't like.

Solar panels. Would like new graphics, since the ones I have now are outdated. a 1x3 and 2x5 size set. Adding a 1x5, and 2X7 for later bobs mod integration would be nice as well.

Burner generators. Actual Burner equipment. You open them up and drop fuel in, instead of using your inventory.
Fusion Reactor - Uses Nuclear fuel. After all, we don't have Alien Artifacts anymore.

I am also removing the 10x or 50x or whatever it was power ratio wise. It was more of a stopgap, and as Factorio increased power armor power magnitudes (gone up a full 1000x since I started) it isn't as much a problem as it used to be.

Overall, I am highly excited about being able to update this mod at last!

Probably will be done this week, but hard to say, depends on collage.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Glad to hear you'll update this mod to 0.15, but pedantically, if the Fusion Reactor armour module uses Uranium-based fuel, then you should rename it to Fission Reactor.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Peter34 wrote:Glad to hear you'll update this mod to 0.15, but pedantically, if the Fusion Reactor armour module uses Uranium-based fuel, then you should rename it to Fission Reactor.
Sure, XD.

Still gotta wait till next patch.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Huh. That was almost therapeutic. I did most of it in around half an hour, most of it trying to read my notes...
The fun part was commenting out around 90% of the code, and then just disabling the entire script when it caused the game to freeze. Not sure what happened there.

Anyhow, Everything but conduits seems to work. I still need to check localization, Recipes, (some of the changes I made are now vanilla XD) and Tech (just mass replaced Alien science with Military science as a placeholder), and probably do some basic graphic changes....

I've wanted to kill the code in this mod for a long time now. Its badly outdated, given it was trying to do stuff that we have events for now.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Sirenfal ... d_Charging

This mod is where I will be going for power network bridging. If it doesn't update, I will update it.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V15.0.1
Updated for Factorio 0.15
Fusion reactor is now Fission Reactor
Burner generator and Fission Reactor use Burner Genertor Equipment Logic, use Chemical and Nuclear Fuel.
Conduits Disabled temperarally.
Removed Alien Fuel.
Updated Tech
Updated Some recipes. Alien Science changed to Military, occasionally High tech, and for Mk4 Armor, Space Science.
PowerScale removed. Now a 1:1 ratio. However, Burner Generators are only 10% efficient, and Fission reactors are 5% efficient.

Conduit logic isn't setup yet, and I might take them out entirely, not sure yet.
I kinda think using something like Localized Charging makes more sense.
This was just the first mod to add Modular armor power interfaces, not the best one.

Alien artifacts and Alien science don't exist anymore. Now using the vanilla science packs instead, and Nuclear fuel for the Fission(Vanilla Fusion) reactor.
The Mk4 Armor uses Space Science packs, equal to 5 rockets. If you want those extra slots, you have to work for them.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

Thank you for the quick update!

There's a mistake in prototypes/recipe.lua in line 245: "Processing-unit" needs to be lower case.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V15.1.0
Fixed the Processing Unit cost thing.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Awesome mod

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Apperently the game crashes due to migration error if you already have Alien Science researched when you add this mod.

Admittedly, I thought Alien science was removed from the game.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Marc90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Marc90 »

As far as I know it should be removed from the game.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Hence why I am confused.
The migration script force-enables Alien Fuel cube and Alien Rocket Fuel recipes, if you have Alien Tech researched. Someone posted a report on the mods website 3 days ago, and I just now got it.
Apperently, that script fires off if you add it after completing.. A research. No idea what research it is, but I disabled that part of the script, it runs fine, so yea.

Also the solar panel's crafting position is fixed, although it only would really matter if the conduits were still enabled. I still have them disabled for now.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V15.1.1
-Fixed Migration script
-Fixed Solar Panel Sorting Order.

As a side note, With the vanilla battery capacity having changed a while back, The ratio between each level of battery isn't the same as what it was last time Peter34 has his review.
Analysis of the various modules Power/Energy density
Battery t1: 100 MJ/tile
Battery t2: 125 MJ/tile (25% better)
Battery t3: 150 MJ/tile (20% better than previous tier)
Battery t4: 187 MJ/tile (25% better than previous tier)
(Note that these are 10x higher than current values)

-Mk1 1x1, 10MJ capacity.10 MJ/tile
-Mk2 2x1, 50MJ capacity.25 MJ/tile
-Mk3 2x2, 200MJ capacity. 50 MJ/tile
-Mk4 4x2, 800MJ capacity. 100.0 MJ/tile

Vanilla
Mk1 2x1, 20 Mj Capacity. 10 MJ/Tile
Mk2 2x1,100 MJ Capacity. 50 MJ/Tile

Compared to vanilla, you start at the same efficiency, due to half capacity and half size. You can fit two in the same space, matching it. Mk2 is equivilent to Mk3 now. Mk4 is twice as efficient, at the cost of a huge amount of space.

Compared to before V15, Power Capacity is increased by 100% instead of 20-25% each level, except for Mk1, where is is 150%. As both start at the same base amount (10MJ, 10MJ * 10), the end result now is quite a bit larger. This is mainly because vanilla's own capacity boost.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Very cool mod I did not see it on the mod page but I saw someone else using this so I googled it. Looking forward to using it. Also looking forward to more item sink recipes. I noticed the raw mats on the Mk4 and they were sweet.

Odd/Range Suggestion:
Modular Storage. Allows you to increase your space :)

Here is the raw mats:

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Kane wrote:Very cool mod I did not see it on the mod page but I saw someone else using this so I googled it. Looking forward to using it. Also looking forward to more item sink recipes. I noticed the raw mats on the Mk4 and they were sweet.

Odd/Range Suggestion:
Modular Storage. Allows you to increase your space :)

Here is the raw mats:
I try to keep prices reasonable... As in a small increase in stats comes at a large premium due to limited real estate.

If you want that 50 or 100% more space, it will cost you 10x as much to cram all of that crap in.

Who is using it? I know people do, but ive only seen that one spotlight.

I am nervous about messing with stats like that. I think a mod that does that already exists anyway.

Edit: Kanehart? I can't remember when I've seen you before.
Starsector? Avorion? Creeper world?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

2 of those are correct actually maybe starsector too idk 100% sure I'm suppose to do videos on it :P

I love the costs btw and I agree if you get a bunch of real estate it should cost.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

But who did you see using it? I haven't seen any videos of people using it yet, just the spotlight.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Ranakastrasz wrote:But who did you see using it? I haven't seen any videos of people using it yet, just the spotlight.
Oh no one sorry, Was a random screenshot I saw on discord before and I saw the fusion reactor requiring the fuel and I was like hot damn time to google that.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Kane wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:But who did you see using it? I haven't seen any videos of people using it yet, just the spotlight.
Oh no one sorry, Was a random screenshot I saw on discord before and I saw the fusion reactor requiring the fuel and I was like hot damn time to google that.
Ah, Alright.
Still hoping to see someone use it in a Lets-play at some point. I get feedback, but I kinda want to see how people use the mod.

How do you build your armor with this mod anyway? I always like to see how other people do it.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Kane wrote:
Ah, Alright.
Still hoping to see someone use it in a Lets-play at some point. I get feedback, but I kinda want to see how people use the mod.

How do you build your armor with this mod anyway? I always like to see how other people do it.
I have yet to use it in fact I'm not even using the mod tech sense yet. I'm starting a LP Series soon and then will use it. But it will be sometime yet since I have my vanilla one to publish. So overtime I will get to it :)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I don't really like the new system where I have to "feed" fuel to the Burner Generators.

My armour might have a lot of those, 4 or 6 of them, and I have to use an elaborate multi-click process to feed some quantity of fuel into each of them. I realize that the fuel will last for a fairly long time, if I use generous stacks of Coal or even merely large stacks of Solid Fuel, but it's a bit annoying. Is there some auto-refueling option that I've overlooked?

I think the ideal solution might be an additional module, 1x1 in size, which can act as a Fuel Storage, used for either burnable fuel or Uranium-based fuel, and then the other modules will take from the Fuel Storage as needed, and the player can use multiple Fuel Storage modules if desired. The point is that then I'll only have to do my re-fuelling one place, instead of interacting with 4 or 6 or more modules, each module requiring many clicks.

Return to “Mods”