[MOD 0.17.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by Darloth »

I really like this mod, primarily for the grid power but also for the general changes that make power usage pre-fusion a lot more interesting and plausible.

I liked the balance back in .13, so I'm waiting eagerly for 0.14 to be ready. Sorry to hear all the renaming and differences are causing you trouble!

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Use my precision mod for now. It gives solar panels 3x output
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Darloth wrote:I really like this mod, primarily for the grid power but also for the general changes that make power usage pre-fusion a lot more interesting and plausible.

I liked the balance back in .13, so I'm waiting eagerly for 0.14 to be ready. Sorry to hear all the renaming and differences are causing you trouble!
Yes, it's quite unfortunate that 0.14 broke this mod so hard. I've put my "grand" MP game on hold, waiting for all the mods we use to be updated to 0.14, and all the other ones seemed to be updated quickly and easily.

I think the balance of this mod is very good, as good as it is possible to get it, and it's very nice that Rana listens to feedback, e.g. my suggestion for splitting up the Conduit into a low-tech and high-tech ones. Also, I've used the mod a lot in 0.12 and 0.13 solo and the original one-size-only Conduit has always worked fine for me, but I have yet to genuinely test it in MP.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Ugh.

Commenting out stuff. Found one issue caused by a API change. Second one isn't cooperating, and there might be more. Gonna be a while still.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

keentom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keentom »

I guess I found a bug in the version that runs with factorio 0.13.20.
The fusion reactor only outputs 96W but in the description it says 9.6MW.
So basically the reactors are useless.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

keentom wrote:I guess I found a bug in the version that runs with factorio 0.13.20.
The fusion reactor only outputs 96W but in the description it says 9.6MW.
So basically the reactors are useless.
Incorrect. If I set it to zero, it caused UI issues, so I set it to a tiny amount. The power prodution is entirely scripted, but I can't just hide that or disable the production, so it looks wrong but works fine.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

V14.1.1

Updated for V0.14
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Ranakastrasz wrote:V14.1.1

Updated for V0.14
Mod portal version coming up 0.1.0?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Modular Armor Revamp

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Fixed.
Uploaded the wrong version. Fixed the main post here too, which was also wrong.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Fixed.
Nice was checking this mod out tonight. Pretty nice extension/rework of modular armor.

I know you just jumped to .14, so you might not have looked at it yet, but vehicles can now have equipment grids.

There are a few mods that do it, but this one is nice to apply most/all mod+vanilla vehicles:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Y.Petrem ... Equipement

Not sure how you do your fuel consumption for equipment burner/reactor, but you might look to see if it would be easy to pull fuel from the trunk (car/tank) or cargo wagon inventory.

Super fun to load up a car with solar panels, battery, a shield, and a bunch of personal laser defense and run it full speed hop out with it pointed toward an enemy base :)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:V14.1.1

Updated for V0.14
Super nice!

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Peppe wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:Fixed.
Nice was checking this mod out tonight. Pretty nice extension/rework of modular armor.

I know you just jumped to .14, so you might not have looked at it yet, but vehicles can now have equipment grids.

There are a few mods that do it, but this one is nice to apply most/all mod+vanilla vehicles:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Y.Petrem ... Equipement

Not sure how you do your fuel consumption for equipment burner/reactor, but you might look to see if it would be easy to pull fuel from the trunk (car/tank) or cargo wagon inventory.

Super fun to load up a car with solar panels, battery, a shield, and a bunch of personal laser defense and run it full speed hop out with it pointed toward an enemy base :)
Yea, that is never going to be fixed. As in, I have to redo the entire script from scratch before I can do anything like that. As is, its horridly ineffecient, and like what the devs discovered when you have 400+ player multiplayer, the player isn't well optimized. Trying to extend it to include vehicles will probably cause my computer to melt. Thing is, I haven't gotten past the first step of figuring out the interface, since I don't understand the events sufficiently yet.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

There's some very wonky behaviour with the 0.14 version of this mod. If I install more than a few modules, some of them refuse to charge their internal energy storage. For instance if I install 8 RoboPorts, it seems as if only 4 of them ever charge. I still get the benefit of the larder Robo-radius, and benig able to use 80 Construction Robots, but I get the impression that it slows down the recharging of the robots since fewer of them can recharge at once.

Likewise, if I install multiple tier-3 Batteries, only the first one ever recharges.

Sometimes if I install RoboPorts first and then Shields, the Shields won't charge up their shieldiness. I have to shift-click to remove the RoboPorts from the grid, then wait for the Shields to charge up, then install the RoboPorts back again.

I can't know for sure that the error is in this mod, and not in vanilla 0.14, but two reasons to assume Modular Armor Revamp is causing these problems:
1. If it was a vanilla problem, people would have complained about it long ago. 0.14 came out long ago, after all.
2. I have a hunch it may be due to the recently added (or re-added?) functionality to this mod where Burner Generators and Fusion Reactors will stop burning their fuel when the Batteries are above a certain charge threshold which is less than 100%.

It's frankly very annoying. And I'm surprised no one has noticed this before now, since the 0.14 version of this mod came out like 2-3 weeks ago.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

v14.1.2

increased generator threshholds.
------
I don't really feel like figuring out how to handle this correctly, and it will probably wait until the rewrite intstead.

You were probably using the fusion reactor and nothing else, which had a cutoff threshhold of 50%, which would cause the problem. Changed it to 98%, with burner at 99%.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Thanks. I'll update the mod, report back to you, but it might be a few days.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Yea. I'm in college now, so I probably won't be updating anything serious for at least a year. Especially since the next step is pretty much "Throw out everything and start over".
Well, at least the gameloop script. The data can all stay.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

What's changed in 14.1.2?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I increased the generator threshholds back to 99 and 98%. So the fusion reactor and Burner generators will charge you almost to 100%, instead of 50% like before. Wasn't a good idea, and caused some issues, so I just reverted it. I can't think of a good way to manage it, so I took the lazy way out.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

Is there any chance that there'll be compatibility with Bobs added? Bring all the bob items in-line and offer higher tiers of items needing bob plates?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I would like to do so, but it is quite a far ways off. Most of the required framework is there, but I haven't really gotten there yet. Kinda busy with college atm.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Mods”