[MOD 0.16] Upgrade planner

Topics and discussion about specific mods
AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Upgrade planner - v1.2.7

Post by AndrewIRL »

Can't seem to understand how to make this work on 0.15.16 I have the onscreen icon, I configured it to upgrade red belt to blue and tried it on a blueprint containing red belt. All went as expected. But I thought I was going to able upgrade entities in place with some some of yellow version of the deconstruction planner. Can't figure out how to construct the yellow planner. Is there a button or a recipe I am missing?

Nevermind, yes there is. The upgrade planner should appear on the first row of the Production recipes to the right of the repair pack.

Disabled all mods except this one, recipe appears. Re-enable all mods, recipe gone. Disable just "Picker Extended Version", recipe is back. Seem like that mod suppresses the recipe for this one.

UPDATE

Build upgrade planner, re-enable "Picker Extended Version" and it still works fine.

Two points:
Why the hell didn't I start using this brilliant mod earlier?
Should come with a warning - first time users of this mod may experience severe blue belt shortages. Maybe don't upgrade everything in sight.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

hello

I love the mod, but is there any chance of a less intrusive icon? (or some other way to get the menu?) It is quite a visible (fluorescent green etc) icon and quite large...

If there is no easy alternative, then I think changing it to a simple single square "+" symbol (viz Evogui or YARM icons) would be a great improvement for screen real-estate. The entity icon (the thing from inventory) is fine ;-)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

CorBlimey wrote:hello

I love the mod, but is there any chance of a less intrusive icon? (or some other way to get the menu?) It is quite a visible (fluorescent green etc) icon and quite large...

If there is no easy alternative, then I think changing it to a simple single square "+" symbol (viz Evogui or YARM icons) would be a great improvement for screen real-estate. The entity icon (the thing from inventory) is fine ;-)
There is a hotkey to toggle its visibility

Frikkinlazer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Frikkinlazer »

Bug report: When I upgrade conveyors that have green circuits attached, the upgrade is successful, but the circuits are not applied to the upgraded conveyor at all.

By the way, thanks for your effort on this mod! Its extremely useful! Keep up the great work.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Frikkinlazer wrote:Bug report: When I upgrade conveyors that have green circuits attached, the upgrade is successful, but the circuits are not applied to the upgraded conveyor at all.

By the way, thanks for your effort on this mod! Its extremely useful! Keep up the great work.
I can't reproduce this problem, are you using any other mods?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Klonan wrote:
Frikkinlazer wrote:Bug report: When I upgrade conveyors that have green circuits attached, the upgrade is successful, but the circuits are not applied to the upgraded conveyor at all.

I did notice something similar.
I'm not sure if it matters that I have DistancePlus mod - but upgrade on vanilla underground belt also shows small issue.
It seems like small part of items are lost in the process.

To test this get the belt to be full then upgrade it. Make sure to have some items before the belt.
You will notice that some items will be moved into underground belt after the upgrade - that wouldn't happen if it was upgraded in place. And it doesn't happen if you click the upgrade by hand.

StormCrow42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StormCrow42 »

AndrewIRL wrote:Disabled all mods except this one, recipe appears. Re-enable all mods, recipe gone. Disable just "Picker Extended Version", recipe is back. Seem like that mod suppresses the recipe for this one.

UPDATE

Build upgrade planner, re-enable "Picker Extended Version" and it still works fine.
In case people haven't figured it out, Picker Extended rolled all the various planners into the "control-q" planner picker and hides the recipes as you no longer need to build them. There is a toggle for this in the settings.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

StormCrow42 wrote:
AndrewIRL wrote:Disabled all mods except this one, recipe appears. Re-enable all mods, recipe gone. Disable just "Picker Extended Version", recipe is back. Seem like that mod suppresses the recipe for this one.

UPDATE

In case people haven't figured it out, Picker Extended rolled all the various planners into the "control-q" planner picker and hides the recipes as you no longer need to build them. There is a toggle for this in the settings.
Or press Shift+B to bring up the planners menu and pick whichever ones you want

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

orzelek wrote:
Klonan wrote:

I did notice something similar.
I'm not sure if it matters that I have DistancePlus mod - but upgrade on vanilla underground belt also shows small issue.
It seems like small part of items are lost in the process.

To test this get the belt to be full then upgrade it. Make sure to have some items before the belt.
You will notice that some items will be moved into underground belt after the upgrade - that wouldn't happen if it was upgraded in place. And it doesn't happen if you click the upgrade by hand.
I looked into it, and there is no proper way to fix this at the moment with the current API for transport lines and underground belts etc.

deemacgee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deemacgee »

Brathahn wrote:I have the same bug when upgrading yellow underground belts to red ones. yellow belts and splitters work fine
upgradebug.PNG
I am seeing the exact same message. Factorio (Steam) Version 0.15.9 build 29504 win64 steam.
Upgrade Planner mod version 1.2.18

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

deemacgee wrote:
Brathahn wrote:I have the same bug when upgrading yellow underground belts to red ones. yellow belts and splitters work fine
upgradebug.PNG
I am seeing the exact same message. Factorio (Steam) Version 0.15.9 build 29504 win64 steam.
Upgrade Planner mod version 1.2.18
Update your factorio version

ExcessionOz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ExcessionOz »

AndrewIRL wrote: Build upgrade planner, re-enable "Picker Extended Version" and it still works fine.
Thankyou for posting this solution. It has helped me twice now. I forgot how I fixed it the first time I used the mod. On my subsequent map, I got to the stage where I needed the upgrade planner tool, and I spent an age trying all sorts of settings options and recipe-searching before I gave up and looked (again) at the forums and re-found this post.

I hope the author of Picker Extended (a fabulous mod!) takes note!

Aes Sedai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Upgrade planner

Post by Aes Sedai »

Ran into a bug when using the upgrade planner:

Error while running event upgrade-planner::on_player_alt_selected_area (ID 50)
__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:943: attempt to index local 'old_blueprint' (a nil value)

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by blueblue »

I ran into a crash. Reproduced on a new save with no other mods active: store a ruleset, store a second ruleset, delete the first, attempt to store a third ruleset.

Code: Select all

Error while running event upgrade-planner::on_gui_click(ID 1)
Gui element with name upgrade-planner-storage-entry-3 already present in the parent element.
stack traceback:
__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:511: in function 'gui_store'
__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:619: in function <__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:603>
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

After a week of no response; forked mod.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/d3x0r/upgrade-planner2
https://github.com/d3x0r/upgrade-planner

Upgrade Builder and Planner 1.3

continued here... viewtopic.php?uid=44344&f=92&t=50975

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I have fixed all the bugs, and have removed the old horrible ruleset storage GUI,

Now it will all be managed with the a dropdown at the top of the planner frame:

Also added upgrading modules

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Nice.

local dropdown = element.parent.parent.upgrade_planner_storage_flow.children[1]
110.317 Error MainLoop.cpp:943: Exception at tick 98363: Error while running event upgrade-planner::on_gui_elem_changed (ID 67)
__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:629: attempt to index field 'upgrade_planner_storage_flow' (a nil value)

on_event(defines.events.on_gui_elem_changed) apparently gets called for any gui element anywhere, the above code fails.

--
Enter key does not accept change and save. (escape key cancel rename?)
Last edited by d3x0r on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

d3x0r wrote:Nice.

local dropdown = element.parent.parent.upgrade_planner_storage_flow.children[1]
110.317 Error MainLoop.cpp:943: Exception at tick 98363: Error while running event upgrade-planner::on_gui_elem_changed (ID 67)
__upgrade-planner__/control.lua:629: attempt to index field 'upgrade_planner_storage_flow' (a nil value)

on_event(defines.events.on_gui_elem_changed) apparently gets called for any gui element anywhere, the above code fails.
Right, thank you for the swift report,

Should be fixed now

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

clearing update plans (yellow belt->red belt) with either the remove button next to items or right-clicking to remove leaves them in the plan to upgrade.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

d3x0r wrote:clearing update plans (yellow belt->red belt) with either the remove button next to items or right-clicking to remove leaves them in the plan to upgrade.
Thanks again, fixed

Return to “Mods”