[MOD 0.12.X] Equivalent Exchange

Topics and discussion about specific mods
matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.3] Equivalent Exchange

Post by matchbox99 »

matchbox99 wrote:my mod list is 100+mb and the site cant load it apperantly
i cant seem to upload more then one file AND the site wont load half my mod list

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

matchbox99 wrote:
i cant seem to upload more then one file AND the site wont load half my mod list
you can also upload it to meagaupload or some site like that

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matchbox99 wrote:
AdvancedEquipment_0.4.0.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matchbox99 wrote:
matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:
https://mega.nz/#!S5R2hb4a!otsgDh5LnMZn ... ZQ_ns8TXxM

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matchbox99 wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:
matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:
https://mega.nz/#!S5R2hb4a!otsgDh5LnMZn ... ZQ_ns8TXxM
all of my mods (including advanced equip) though one of my mod when i originally downloaded it had a name error( something like "expected filename*insert mod*_*inset ver* case sensitive) so ive changed a mod to have its name fit and the error went away

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

ok I think I got it working
I deleted unlimited_upgrades and dytech-corpse gatherer
I think one of them was interfering and now the condenser is working :D

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

matchbox99 wrote:ok I think I got it working
I deleted unlimited_upgrades and dytech-corpse gatherer
I think one of them was interfering and now the condenser is working :D

Turns out the problem was in dytech, as it is. The problem lies with DYtech, as Equivalent exchange does not make use of any custom code, only modified base game structures. Be sure though to If you want to use DYtech to file a report at their page

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Equivalent Exchange

Post by matjojo »

15/09/2015
This week I talked about ended up being almost two weeks as school took up some more time than planned and for some reason I couldn't help myself but to play Life Is Strange, Episode 4 ending still made me cry:) Today marks the release of version 1.0.1 and behind the scenes I have started to work on a version / mod that will live next to EE1 for a while called (behold amazing creativity:) EE2, It should have it's one GUI when released, this might take a while though. Please have fun playing and if you want leave some feedback! (-_-)/

Daedalus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daedalus »

So, is there no way to play this with Dytech currently, or is there a work-around for it?

I really wanted to play with EE, but I am using Shadow's modpack...

Thanks for bringing this mod to Factorio! :)

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Daedalus wrote:So, is there no way to play this with Dytech currently, or is there a work-around for it?

I really wanted to play with EE, but I am using Shadow's modpack...

Thanks for bringing this mod to Factorio! :)
Thanks for the feedback, Currently There indeed is a problem in dytech which makes it impossible to use EE1.0.0 I haven't tested 1.0.1 with newer versions of Dytech though. Sadly I really can't do anything about it currently as the problem is completely with Dytech. Be sure to make an issue on Dytechs side if you want though.

Daedalus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daedalus »

I am using EE 1.0.1 with no luck. I'll have to check in with Dytech. Thanks again, and I look forward to EE2, it sounds great. :)

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Daedalus wrote:I am using EE 1.0.1 with no luck. I'll have to check in with Dytech. Thanks again, and I look forward to EE2, it sounds great. :)
[qoute="matchbox99] I deleted unlimited_upgrades and dytech-corpse gatherer[/quote]
although I understand you probably want to keep Dytech-corpse gatherer. It just does not work with EE1.0.x. although unlimited upgrades was not the problem you can keep that one if you have it.
This might help.

sadly though the UI system of factorio is quite hard to get, So EE2 will take a while. I do hope to have it out before the steam launch though

Daedalus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daedalus »

I'll have to try that!

I didn't even know of the corpse chest, so, It wont be missed :)

I agree - Factorio NEEDS something like NEI from Minecraft. Finding out what techs are needed for research for things is akin to drinking half a bottle of vodka, putting on a blindfold, spinning around 15 times and trying to hit a bullseye with a dart. Only not that easy.

EDIT:
I don't have the Dytech Corpse Gatherer mod installed, so it's not that one that is causing the issue.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Daedalus wrote:I'll have to try that!

I didn't even know of the corpse chest, so, It wont be missed :)
-snip-
EDIT:
I don't have the Dytech Corpse Gatherer mod installed, so it's not that one that is causing the issue.
as far as I know only Dytech (maybe even dytech core) causes problems, what is exactly the problem you have?
Is it impossible to launch the game or can't you open the energy-condenser?

Daedalus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daedalus »

Same problem that someone else was having.

I can't even place the condenser. Wherever I try to put it down, nothing happens.

Screenshot of trying to place condenser
Screenshot of trying to place condenser
Factorio EE.JPG (94.24 KiB) Viewed 8633 times

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Daedalus wrote:Same problem that someone else was having.

I can't even place the condenser. Wherever I try to put it down, nothing happens.
That is indeed the same problem as the other person was having, although I probably did not need to tell you that, I'm sorry...

Gandalf___
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gandalf___ »

I'm having a problem making pure matter. What is it crafted in? Thanks

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Gandalf___ wrote:I'm having a problem making pure matter. What is it crafted in? Thanks
It should be craftable in the energy condenser, but considering you asked this question I think it didn't work, I'll take a look at it

so, a fix fix will be to add to the file /prototypes/entity.lua on line (after EE-fluid:) , "EMC" this will make it craftable with the energy condenser.

NotABiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NotABiter »

I just tried this mod out. Below are some issues I noticed (not including lack of access to half-pure matter et al as it's already been brought up earlier in this thread). Use as you wish.

Issue: Water is infinite, free, and comes out of an offshore pump very fast. Allowing the conversion of water to EMC very quickly results in "EMC farms" surrounding every lake in sight generating 50000 EMC each every few minutes or so. (Actually I'm exaggerating a little bit - there's no need to have that many EMC farms because with just a dozen or two you'll have more EMC than you know what to do with - just run around control-left-clicking on the condensers and soon your inventory will be stuffed with 50K stacks of EMC.)
Suggestion: Don't allow conversion of water to EMC. (Converting EMC to water is OK.)

Issue: There's too much EMC. Here I'm not talking in terms of value, but in terms of item quantity. Even with full inserter bonuses, it takes forever to move the hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of EMC "coins" that a single item may yield/cost. This might not be a problem in itself (and the logistic challenges created might even be a good thing in terms of gameplay), but because EMC stacks are huge (50K) and because the player character can just walk over to one machine, pull out 50K one instant and jam it all into another machine the next instant, this makes the player character something like 10000 times faster than a fast inserter which kind of wrecks the whole principle of Factorio (automation) as it encourages the player to just manually gather and distribute the EMC. (Technically this issue is true elsewhere in Factorio, and results in problems there as well - e.g., the player character "helping" the logistic system, especially bots, because the player character has massive throughput with all of those inventory slots, but the issue is much more severe than usual with this mod.)
Suggestion: I'm not sure if the game engine would even support something like this, but... Have more than one EMC value (e.g., yellow coins are worth one, red are worth 10, blue are worth 100, green are worth 1000, purple are worth 10000), and when outputting/inputting EMC produced/accepted, produce/accept a mix of the coins, and on both input and output sides "make change" as necessary to keep the number of coins minimized and always let inserters (unless they are smart inserters with a filter) pull the highest value coins first. (This suggestion would probably still work even without the automatic "making change" feature, but might result in some blocking issues similar to oil where you have more of one type than can fit so no more of any type can be produced.) You might also want some "change conversion" machines that a player could use to aggregate various types of EMC coins without doing any actual item<->EMC conversion. --- Or scratch all of that and instead just don't allow the player to carry any EMC at all. (With respect to mining, it would mean that either the player character can't mine entities containing EMC, or the EMC vanishes when they do so.) The story could be that EMC is like a radioctive material - far too dangerous to actually touch with human hands.

Issue: The pricing of gear wheels is a bit odd. Iron plates are worth 5 EMC, it takes two iron plates to make one gear wheel, so one would expect a price of 10 EMC (or so) for gear wheels. Instead they are priced at 2 EMC. As far as I can tell, though odd, this isn't much of a problem if Equivalent Exchange is the only mod in use because there doesn't seem to be any way to exploit it (other than getting cheaper gears via EMC). However, if used with a recycling mod it could cause a balance problem: convert 2 EMC to a gear wheel, recycle the gear wheel back to 2 iron plates, convert 2 iron plates to 10 EMC, pocket 8 EMC profit and cycle the other 2 EMC into repeating the process
Suggestion: Reprice gears to be 10 EMC and reprice everything derived from gears accordingly. (Actually it's more complicated than that, see next issue.)

Issue: Rounding errors mean profits can be made. E.g., buy 3 copper wires for 6 EMC (2 EMC each), an iron plate for 5 EMC, for a total cost of 11 EMC. Use them to produce a green circuit and sell it for 13 EMC. At least, I'm guessing these are rounding errors. E.g., if a copper plate is 5 EMC then copper wire should be 2.5 EMC, 2.5*3 + 5 = 12.5 so green circuits should be 12.5 EMC, but somehow copper wire got rounded down to 2 and green circuits up to 13. (Though I guess rather than 12.5 it was 12.5*1.1=13.75 due to the 10% overhead you add, and that got rounded down to 13. But that just points out that the 10% overhead is itself contributing to the ability to make profit, so by trying to make it "not 100% efficient" you actually created a loophole whereby it is more than 100% efficient by running it in the other direction - sell complex and buy simple rather than sell simple and buy complex.) Note that this was not the only case I found of this. E.g., IIRC copper wire + green circuit -> red wire also turns a profit of 2 EMC.
Suggestion: This one is complicated.
1. Rework the prices so there is no rounding error. Make plates be 6 EMC, copper wires 3 EMC, and adjust other prices accordingly.
2. If you really want to apply a 10% inefficiency (with no loopholes), you would need have buy and sell prices be different. E.g,. allow iron plates to be sold for 5 EMC and bought for 5.5 EMC. To combat rounding you would need to either allow for fractional EMC, or use larger values so rounding error is always less than the 10% difference you're trying to create (i.e., so rounding error never creates a loophole).
3. Even if the prices were all "correct", i.e. even with a perfect 10% inefficiency added, productivity modules could still be used to turn a profit. (4 level 3 productivity modules provide a 40% boost, which will overpower a 10% EMC conversion inefficiency.) You'd have to disallow productivity modules, nerf them to keep them below 10%, or adjust your prices using the assumption that such modules are always in play (i.e., increase the spread between buy and sell prices to 40% or 50% instead of just 10%). (Of course that last option is not enough if the player is using bob's mods with MK5 god modules in MK6 assembly machines for a +300% productivity boost.)

Issue: The mod allows you to create items for which you don't even have the tech researched yet.
Suggestion: Don't include items until their tech is researched.

Issue: When converting items to EMC, the usability is significantly hurt by all of the recipe choices looking identical. (This issue only gets worse as you do more research into EMC.)
Suggestion: Use custom icons (probably derived from the Factorio originals) for this. E.g., make the icon be the same as the normal one (such as the iron plates icon when converting iron plates to EMC), and just add an arrow and yellow disk to indicate the recipe converts iron plates to EMC. It would just be the same change to all of the icons, so it could probably be done mostly programmatically. Or at least provide some kind of "map" (even if it's just a picture in the first post of this thread) that shows where stuff is hiding. (It doesn't help that the item order in the EMC->item tab is completely different than the item order in the item->EMC tab. Just making those be the same would help quite a bit.)
EDIT: Alternatively, make a different machine. Use the existing condenser to convert EMC to items, and use this new machine to convert items to EMC. The new machine (just like furnaces) would not require a recipe be set at all - it just automatically converts whatever is stuffed into it into EMC.

Issue: Perhaps related to the above, the item order seems really random in the EMC->item tab. E.g., I would expect speed modules to be listed together, first level 1, then 2 then 3 (just as the game does it for the normal crafting tab), or perhaps all level 1 modules and then all level 2 and all level 3 with a consistent ordering between module types. Instead speed modules are scattered all over the place (as are other items that would seem like they should be organized together).
Suggestion: From what little I've looked into modding, I do believe the mod can control the ordering so it could be fixed.

Issue: Loading an assembly machine with EMC doesn't work right if the recipe takes multiple stacks of EMC and the player control-clicks on an empty slot in their inventory. E.g., if the recipe calls for 50K+50K+10K of EMC, when the player does this it will load all 110K of EMC into the assembly machine's first input slot, and none into the 2nd and third slots, and the assembly machine doesn't work. (You have to manually move the first 50K to he first slot, the 2nd to the 2nd slot, and then drop 10K+ onto the third slot to make it work.) If you make it so the player character can't carry EMC in their inventory, then this becomes a non-issue.
Suggestion: Don't let the PC carry EMC. Or you could of course increase the stack size to 200K (or whatever) so all recipes only need one stack. You may be making the game do something the dev team didn't anticipate, so this might be a game engine bug or it might be a "mods aren't supposed to do that" (multiple inputs for same ingredient type) situation.
science

Return to “Mods”