Topics and discussion about specific mods
Satis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Logistic Combinators

Post by Satis »

Thanks, this was greatly needed.

I have 2 suggestions for the mod.
  1. One thing I would suggest you add to it, is that when placing an Logistic Combinator, then highlight the logistic area so it's easier to see if you are in the logistic area, just like the logistic chests and roboports does ;)
  2. If you place it outside of the logistic area and select something to get the value of, it output the max int value. Would be better to change it to 0 or even don't show the signal for it at all.
Kind regards
Satis

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

Satis wrote:Thanks, this was greatly needed.

I have 2 suggestions for the mod.
  1. One thing I would suggest you add to it, is that when placing an Logistic Combinator, then highlight the logistic area so it's easier to see if you are in the logistic area, just like the logistic chests and roboports does ;)
  2. If you place it outside of the logistic area and select something to get the value of, it output the max int value. Would be better to change it to 0 or even don't show the signal for it at all.
Kind regards
Satis
Sorry for slow response, been sick this week.

The first suggestion seems like a good idea, and while I currently have no idea how to do it, I've got no reason to think it can't be done and an idea for where to look to get started, so I will investigate!

The second, I would've sworn I already fixed that behavior? I will double-check though, and fix it (again?) in the next release.
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

May I ask what your logistic combinator uses to connect to the logistics network? If it's a smart inserter, it has no inventory and won't show the logistics area. If it's a logistics chest, such as an active provider chest (with size set to 0), it should show the area... but it might not be able to receive logistics signals and thus show amounts? I'm not sure.

By the way, these are awesome when combined with the Nixie Tubes mod, if I haven't mentioned that before.
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

GopherAtl wrote:The first suggestion seems like a good idea, and while I currently have no idea how to do it, I've got no reason to think it can't be done and an idea for where to look to get started, so I will investigate!
Using a custom provider/requester chest as the entity that get's crafted/placed should work. In onPlaceEntity check for that entity, destroy it and place the combinator instead, Has the downside that you can't blueprint it, unless you want 2 craftable items (the "fake" combinator a.k.a. chest and the real one)

I created a pull request which replaces the binary search with the new logistics api.

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

thanks, Choumiko; I've been distracted by a combination of RL and other games, but I'll get started on an update hopefully a little later today, including your PR. a separate onPlace doesn't seem like a big deal, so when make a version that removes the inserter and handles migration, I'll probably go ahead and make that change at the same time.
My Mods:

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

When I try to delete the combinator, this message comes:
LogisticKombinator.jpg
LogisticKombinator.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 8550 times
Is it because I bought it and have not yet explored?

GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GopherAtl »

@Alexs: thanks for reporting; I will look into it, not had this error happen to me but from a glance at the reported line number, I think I should be able to prevent it from coming up anyway. Should have a new version out sometime in the next 24h, while I'm working on it I'll take a look at beefing up the error checking to prevent this sort of thing.
My Mods:

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

Will wait for the next update.
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Weird robot animation when i connect logistic combination.
Edit 1 : It wasn't just animation, turns out 5 robot is in/out to work on "something" (when actually there are no job to be done).

Also, after a while, the combinator is showing/flashing a "run out fuels" icon.

Edit 2:
OK, i narrow it down, this happen because 5dim's train module (logistic wagon). If i try to read from two separate train on the same network, this happen.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

Unfortunately, as much as I love the functionality this mod gives, I'm not going to be able to play with it any longer - it is making my gameplay stutter and framerate drop the more I use them.

Hopefully it's a bug and not part of how this needs to function.
With_LC.png
With_LC.png (302.37 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
Without_LC.png
Without_LC.png (183.34 KiB) Viewed 8417 times

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Colossus wrote:Unfortunately, as much as I love the functionality this mod gives, I'm not going to be able to play with it any longer - it is making my gameplay stutter and framerate drop the more I use them.

Hopefully it's a bug and not part of how this needs to function.
You can lower the update rate to reduce script update in config.lua

ALso, use sparingly.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

waduk wrote:ALso, use sparingly.
lol, I'm working on a mega factory, there is no sparing. This is with only a partial implementation by the way, I had used 28 when the stuttering became too much.

It still seems excessive since I can use hundreds of smart inserters searching the network, and hundreds of the vanilla combinators.

Modifying the config might work, but multiplayer with it would be an issue since I'd have to make sure everyone else also changes it. I'll look into it.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Crash in 0.12.11

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

One last time, here's a pull request for the Factorio 0.12.11 update, as well as an unofficial update v0.1.2 (direct download). As before, please prefer GopherAtl's official update when it arrives.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

One polite question:
How difficult would it be to transmit the information wireless?
AKA having a sender combinator and a receiver combinator. The senders add all items in their logistic network (equal signals are added like with all other signals), the receivers can ... receive that one or more signals.

Currently only one channel is needed, but maybe later more. There needs also be no limitation in sending range.
Just to spare the kilometers of wires to span between my outposts. :)

See also
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... er#p112282
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

With this mod would it be possible to build what is missing from a blueprint? That would be really neat.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

ssilk wrote:One polite question:
How difficult would it be to transmit the information wireless?
AKA having a sender combinator and a receiver combinator. The senders add all items in their logistic network (equal signals are added like with all other signals), the receivers can ... receive that one or more signals.

Currently only one channel is needed, but maybe later more. There needs also be no limitation in sending range.
Just to spare the kilometers of wires to span between my outposts. :)

See also
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... er#p112282
Actually, I think I understand how this could work. To send information wirelessly, designate an item or material as something you wouldn't normally put in a logistics chest. Then put it in a logistics storage or passive provider chest when you receive a particular signal (up to the amount of the signal if you like), and remove it when the signal drops. The logistics combinator would then receive that information and pass it on to a wire network it's connected to.
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

diongham wrote:With this mod would it be possible to build what is missing from a blueprint? That would be really neat.
Okay, do you mean, if you use a blueprint but something in the blueprint is not available in your system, and you need it, would you be able to build it? Yes, I think if you already have that item being autocrafted -- but logistics signals are available in smart inserters already, so I don't think you'd necessarily need to use a logistics combinator for that. On the other hand, why not, eh?

MONOmah_V
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MONOmah_V »

Hello. Thank you for awesome mod. But I've found a strange bug which I can't really reproduce. There is two screenshots, on first there is info about LC (logistic combinator) that was placed an hour or two ago (non-stop playing). And on second one info from LC, built just before I took that screenshot. I copied with shift+clicks setting from first to second. As you can see, there is significant difference between readings. I can assure you, that there is no way to copper jump up two times :). This is a third time I ran into this behavior. First two times I spotted a problem with bottled petroleum gas (these r not liquids, but regullar items from Bob's mods). With petro-gas even stranger things happened -- LC's emits signals for about 4k of bottles of gas, but there is actually no bottles in logistics network.

P. S. Sorry for bad grammar. ^^
screenshots

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

still working for you ? for me, each time a load my savegame, the sensor freeze.

Return to “Mods”