[MOD 0.12.26] Picker: Easily select items from inventory

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] Picker: Easily select items from inventory

Post by Optera »

Upgrading from honk to the integrated version of picker made me notice 2 possible improvements.
1) trains waiting at red signals constantly honk, it's really annoying working in a stacker now
2) add an option to toggle between deltic horn and the old honk sounds

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

#2 I thought I did.

#1 Do you have a save with a stacker setup

I will look into fixing both of these

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I did some testing with honking trains, and it seems to be a result of how far ahead trains reserve paths with chain vs path signals.
Realistically trains only honk when coming to a halt or starting to move, never while waiting at red lights like cab drivers.
2017-12-27-08-47-49-5721425.jpg
2017-12-27-08-47-49-5721425.jpg (543.96 KiB) Viewed 6898 times
With chain signals at the exit of the stacker, waiting trains honk.
When the chain signals are replaced with path signals they don't.

You have an option to turn honk off entirely, I don't see an option to switch between deltic and honk.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

is there a way I can adjust things so the mod understands that miniloaders aren't 'dangling undergrounds' (or whatever its called that brings up the bright green circle)? I like that feature but it is misidentifying them. Most likely because of invisible stuff :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I will take a look at for the next update.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

pleauser wrote:is there a way I can adjust things so the mod understands that miniloaders aren't 'dangling undergrounds' (or whatever its called that brings up the bright green circle)? I like that feature but it is misidentifying them. Most likely because of invisible stuff :)
This should no longer be necessary as of Miniloader 1.4.0. I now use a custom sized hidden belt entity to provide belt connectivity, instead of an underground belt.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

Therax wrote:
pleauser wrote:is there a way I can adjust things so the mod understands that miniloaders aren't 'dangling undergrounds' (or whatever its called that brings up the bright green circle)? I like that feature but it is misidentifying them. Most likely because of invisible stuff :)
This should no longer be necessary as of Miniloader 1.4.0. I now use a custom sized hidden belt entity to provide belt connectivity, instead of an underground belt.
I can confirm this fixed my issue :)

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Would you consider adding a remote interface to allow mods to opt-out from the dolly functionality? For miniloaders, which are multiple entities, one of the inserters is the selectable entity, so it can be circuit connected. The inserter can be teleported, and so PickerExtended does, but the belt connection cannot.

For right now I'm just immediately teleporting the inserter back to its previous location if a player tries to move a miniloader with the dolly, but it's not an ideal experience since PickerExtended has already moved any colliding items on the ground out of the way of the teleport destination, possibly onto a belt or causing other such mayhem. :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Therax wrote:Would you consider adding a remote interface to allow mods to opt-out from the dolly functionality? For miniloaders, which are multiple entities, one of the inserters is the selectable entity, so it can be circuit connected. The inserter can be teleported, and so PickerExtended does, but the belt connection cannot.

For right now I'm just immediately teleporting the inserter back to its previous location if a player tries to move a miniloader with the dolly, but it's not an ideal experience since PickerExtended has already moved any colliding items on the ground out of the way of the teleport destination, possibly onto a belt or causing other such mayhem. :)
I will put it on the todo list for mods to be able to add entities to the ignore list in a future version. items-on-ground shouldn't be teleported onto belts though I will have to look into that!

Aside from the ignore list miniloaders should be able to use the moved event data to destroy and recreate the miniloaders at the new position.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Nexela wrote:Aside from the ignore list miniloaders should be able to use the moved event data to destroy and recreate the miniloaders at the new position.
A very good point! I must be very tired today because that didn't occur to me despite doing this exact thing in prior iterations of my mod. :lol:

StormCrow42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by StormCrow42 »

It looks like picker tweaks is rearranging the priority order of color signals to lights. I was just playing with someone's unloading station with colored status indicators and they're sending both yellow and green signals to their lights when they want green. The green shows normally when I have picker tweaks disabled, but with it installed I only get yellow. They have a red/yellow signal where the red overrides just fine.

Edit: This is tied to the "better colored lamps" code, when I uncheck that the behavior goes back to normal

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

Bug:

When making a blueprint after selecting it from the Planner Picker Menu, the first time I select entities, it does not register there is a blueprint in hand. This requires me to select a second time and often causes crashes in other mods (Bulk Rail Loaders and MiniLoader have had issues). The second time I select it works just fine. Blueprints pulled from the Blueprint GUI and through the Planner Cycler.

nickcombs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nickcombs »

Hi Nexela, I encountered a bug that closed the game. Here is the sequence of events that occurred:
1. Placed power switch.
2. Used Shift+Q to select red wire and connect medium pole to power switch.
3. With red wire still in hand, pressed Shift+Q to switch to copper wire.
4. The copper wire is immediately connected to the power switch (no mouse clicks).
5. Clicked on power pole to finish copper wire connection (this step may be unnecessary).
6. Attempted to remove copper wire connection.
Hard crash of program.

I went back in for science and was able to recreate the same crash with these steps.

I really love the mod so far. Hopefully, you can resolve this issue in a future release. Until then, I'll try to avoid using Shift+Q to swap wire types while the wire is connected to game entities.

I've attached the log in case it can provide more insight. Thanks!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.45 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

That is a hard crash of the game (still probably related to me doing something wrong though)

alkarian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by alkarian »

Would it be possible to correctly mirror new priority splitters (change left/right if ticked as in the GUI) using Mirror Blueprint option?
Sing her song and become nothing

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Adalonus wrote:Bug:

When making a blueprint after selecting it from the Planner Picker Menu, the first time I select entities, it does not register there is a blueprint in hand. This requires me to select a second time and often causes crashes in other mods (Bulk Rail Loaders and MiniLoader have had issues). The second time I select it works just fine. Blueprints pulled from the Blueprint GUI and through the Planner Cycler.
I think this may have been the issue I reported as a Factorio bug which was fixed in 0.16.21.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Were reach and build reach options changed/disabled for 0.16 or did I accidentally uninstall some other mod?

I can't find the options and I swear I remember they were provided by PEV.

Thanks!

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Issue also posted on the mod portal here

Recap: When Picker Crafter hotkey set to Q, deselecting an item with Q, while hovering over an entity, attempts to craft that entity. Instead, should ignore when cursor is in use.
Last edited by Kryzeth on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Zyrconia wrote:Were reach and build reach options changed/disabled for 0.16 or did I accidentally uninstall some other mod?

I can't find the options and I swear I remember they were provided by PEV.

Thanks!
Reach options where moved to the Picker Tweaks mod, Picker Tweaks is for tweaks/cheats

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Kryzeth wrote:Issue also posted on the mod portal here

Recap: When Picker Crafter hotkey set to Q, deselecting an item with Q, while hovering over an entity, attempts to craft that entity. Instead, should ignore when cursor is in use.
Noted at the appropriate place (github issues)

Return to “Mods”