[MOD 0.12.26] Picker: Easily select items from inventory

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.26] Picker: Easily select items from inventory

Post by Berkys32 »

This mod is completely must-have for me. Could you please update to 0.14. Please?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

EDIT: Nevermind. I just changed 0.13 to 0.14 in info.json file and mod is working perect again :)

EstebanLB
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by EstebanLB »

This mod has no version info so the in-game mod downloader can't install it

Edit: NVM, found the second version right under it

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

If anyone wants to take up maintenance for Picker or integrate it into their own mod, I'd be more than happy. I only occasionally have the time to pay attention to it.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I posted picker extended as a replacement ish. :)

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

Nice. I added a link to Picker's page.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

how can i disable the picker blueprint pipette.

It's so annoying as everytime no item is left the mod creates a blueprint.

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Options->Mods->Per Player

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Nexela wrote:Options->Mods->Per Player
Thank you, worked.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ibeatbabybiters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ibeatbabybiters »

Dammit, yet another useful QOL mod I wish I'd have discovered earlier. I think this thread should be rather in the Helper mods section, no?

Anyway, nice work! I'll definitely play with this this weekend.
Usually I don't beat babies, but when I do I beat baby biters.

Odhrean
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Odhrean »

The "Hide Minimap" Function is very usefull, thank you!
I often have many Signals on electric-pole aswell which i cannot see because the minimap hide them.

This little fix hide the Map on Power-Poles too, perhaps you can implement it in the mod?

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--[[Picker Hide Minimap]]--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
local function picker_hide_minimap(event)
    local player = game.players[event.player_index]
    if not player.opened and player.selected and (player.selected.type == "logistic-container" or player.selected.type == "electric-pole") and player.game_view_settings.show_minimap then
        if player.mod_settings["picker-hide-minimap"].value then
            player.game_view_settings.show_minimap = false
        end
    elseif not player.game_view_settings.show_minimap and not (player.selected and (player.selected.type == "logistic-container" or player.selected.type == "electric-pole")) then
        if player.mod_settings["picker-hide-minimap"].value then
            player.game_view_settings.show_minimap = true
        end
    end

end

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Consider it done!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Thanks for the hard work. But I think this mod is missing a scope.
While some people like mods to be combined, I actually don't like that much, especially when the scope is not clear. Here are the reasons:
  • Confusion to users
    • To know how the combined mod can actually help me, I have to read through the long long descriptions on the Mod Portal.
    • But such descriptions are not visible in the mod download page in Factorio.
    • What? This mod changed the no-power signal image??
  • Confusion to modders
    • Similar to above, it is not easy to know what this mod can and cannot do, and how this mod may affect other mods.
    • "There is an API available that mod authors can use to be notified of these events." implies that this giant mod can cause trouble due to one or some features. But I know only after I saw this sentence.
  • (Most importantly) Hard to configure
    • Yes, some features are very useful and must-have in vanilla. But the others are either too OP, not useful for me, or I simply don't like them.
    • I have to read through the long list of configurations that are separated in 3 different sections.
    • Most likely I will need to restart restart and restart before getting the wanted result.
I had this idea for quite some time since I first saw the mod on Mod Portal. I think I really have to say this when I saw you included Sticky Note in it.
More specifically, I will be pleased if you can separate Sticky Note from the giant mod. :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

And the mod is making all of the Creative Mode items go to the main inventory instead of the quickbar when crafted. :|

Odhrean
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Odhrean »

I love this mod's core Features but i must assist Mooncat: This mod tries to merge too many mods into one

I want the really good core-Features of this Picker Mod (enhanced "Q" Functions) but it bugs me that there are many more Features
- i don't want cheat, only enhance the ui to do things easier
- do not understand why are all Items "Base Mod -> Picker Extended Version"? do they have a different recipe???
- i don't want functions which costs performance i don't need (i.e. i don't want Sticky Notes which do something every tick)
- i don't want bugs which interrupt the gameplay in functions i do not use (just had the Message "Vector<T> too long" on Stick Notes Feature popping up more than once bevore evry save try... game is not saved!...)

It is better to separate all the different items into separate mods.
You could link all the mods in the description block together so all users can decide which function they want and install the mod.

Edit: You programmed the mod very clean and modular, congratz. It was no problem to remove the sticky notes just by commenting some require's

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

I have a problem.

LuaEquipmentPrototype doesn't contain key logistic_mode. stack traceback: PickerExtended/picker/filterfill.lua:216: in function <PickerExtended/picker/filterfill.lua:212> [C]: in function 'pcall' PickerExtended/stdlib/event/event.lua:99: in fucntion <PickerExtended/stdlib/event/event.lua:82>

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Odhrean wrote:I love this mod's core Features but i must assist Mooncat: This mod tries to merge too many mods into one

I want the really good core-Features of this Picker Mod (enhanced "Q" Functions) but it bugs me that there are many more Features
- i don't want cheat, only enhance the ui to do things easier
- do not understand why are all Items "Base Mod -> Picker Extended Version"? do they have a different recipe???
- i don't want functions which costs performance i don't need (i.e. i don't want Sticky Notes which do something every tick)
- i don't want bugs which interrupt the gameplay in functions i do not use (just had the Message "Vector<T> too long" on Stick Notes Feature popping up more than once bevore evry save try... game is not saved!...)

It is better to separate all the different items into separate mods.
You could link all the mods in the description block together so all users can decide which function they want and install the mod.

Edit: You programmed the mod very clean and modular, congratz. It was no problem to remove the sticky notes just by commenting some require's
The picker version of Sticky notes and in fact none of the stuff in Picker has any tick handler
"Vector<T> too long" Sounds like a bug, the actual error message and what you were doing that caused it goes a long way towards fixing it.

I may at some point split up some of the picker stuff up into 2 mods but that depends on the amount of free time I have to maintain an additional mod.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Tomik wrote:I have a problem.

LuaEquipmentPrototype doesn't contain key logistic_mode. stack traceback: PickerExtended/picker/filterfill.lua:216: in function <PickerExtended/picker/filterfill.lua:212> [C]: in function 'pcall' PickerExtended/stdlib/event/event.lua:99: in fucntion <PickerExtended/stdlib/event/event.lua:82>
Thanks for the report, I will look into it. Do you remember what you were doing at the time to cause the error?

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Nexela wrote:
Tomik wrote:I have a problem.

Thanks for the report, I will look into it. Do you remember what you were doing at the time to cause the error?
I used one other mod and I think the interaction did something. The mod is Fission and Fusion. Adds advanced fission generators into the game and two types of Fusion reactors. It also changes the base Portable Fusion Reactor by creating a fuel canister for it that has to be put into one when it is already placed in the power armor. That is where the error happened. I made power armor. Made a Portable Fusion reactor and placed it inside it and then made several deuterium pellet canisters to fuel it. After I opened the PA slot space, I right clicked on the reactor, a fuel insertion interface opened up and I placed one stack of the canisters into it. This caused the error message to appear but it didn't crash the game. Which is strange. This error message doesn't crash the game.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Hi!

Is there an option to increase the long-reach function?
Otherwise, where can i change that in the mod files?

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

QuackerJ4ck wrote:Hi!

Is there an option to increase the long-reach function?
Otherwise, where can i change that in the mod files?
'Long Reach Fix' mod ?

Return to “Mods”