[MOD 0.15] SmartTrains 2.0.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.66

Post by ssilk »

Nemoricus wrote:Smarter, logistics integrated trains are definitely something I'm interested in, and I may experiment with this mod soon.

However, I'm wondering if you can perhaps tell a train to transport a product, like iron ore, to a receiving station. Then, it would seek out the closest station that offers that product.

To make this fancier, it would only move if the logistics network tells it that the level of a product has dropped below a threshold that the player has set.

This would reduce the level of micromanaging the player has to do, since they just need to assign products to a station, and then trains that transport that product will automatically seek it out.

Is this something the mod is currently capable of? If not, would it be something that can be worked on for future releases?
You mean a special train stop, that has not also a name, but also
- an item-type and
- the amount of that item currently available or if it is a destination point?

And then trains that can an item be assigned and then they search through all stops with the same item and go to the station with the highest amount of items and return to the destination.

Would be really cool, but I think that is an extra mod. :)

PS: And when can this be moved out of Pre-Alpha? ;) :twisted:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

THX!!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Nemoricus wrote:However, I'm wondering if you can perhaps tell a train to transport a product, like iron ore, to a receiving station. Then, it would seek out the closest station that offers that product.

To make this fancier, it would only move if the logistics network tells it that the level of a product has dropped below a threshold that the player has set.
Holding a train until some circuit condition is true can already be done. Seeking a nearby station that offers an item can't (and I won't add it as i'm quite happy with the current features/restrictions). However you can tell a train to which station to go via signal value. It may probably need a rather complex combinator setup but should be doable.
Neotix wrote:Could be possible to make train recalculate route and choose next station?
For example.
Train have route:
Station A
Station B
Station C
and going from Station B to Station C. Meanwhile Station C is removed. Train recalculate path and choose Station A as next stop.
Train move from Station A to Station B and Station B is disconnected (bitters destroyed tracks). Train recalculate patch and go back to Station A. It stay in Station A until Station B or Station C are available.
Not sure I understand correctly, but isn't that how vanilla already works? One thing I could do is have trains go to another station if their state changes to no path.
ssilk wrote:PS: And when can this be moved out of Pre-Alpha? ;) :twisted:
Soon (tm) :D

Damrus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.64

Post by Damrus »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to 0.3.64

Did you install another mod? It could be some wierd naming conflict or whatever. Can you try loading Factorio with only SmartTrains (and Base of course) active?
Hey, sorry for the very late reply.

I simply downgraded to version 3.4 of smart trains as nothing was helping and completely forgot about the bug till I saw that the rail tanker had an update and I wanted to use it. Only to find out I'd need a new version of this mod too.

Currently I still have the same problem with the latest version of this mod. yet not if I load the game without any other mods (as you suggested).
So I went and checked which mods could have this affect and by loading in an extra mod one after another... and found that if I had Colour coding in there would give me the error.
I still had to 1.05 version so I updated to check if that changed anything

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

This mod is AMAZING!!! :D :D :D
I'm not really a mod person but I recently installed rail tankers as that is something I think vanilla needs.
However, this alongside the new circuit network from 0.12 is something I've been looking for for a long time! :mrgreen:
Thank you very much for making this! My worlds definitely need more trains now!
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Choumiko wrote:
Neotix wrote:Could be possible to make train recalculate route and choose next station?
For example.
Train have route:
Station A
Station B
Station C
and going from Station B to Station C. Meanwhile Station C is removed. Train recalculate path and choose Station A as next stop.
Train move from Station A to Station B and Station B is disconnected (bitters destroyed tracks). Train recalculate patch and go back to Station A. It stay in Station A until Station B or Station C are available.
Not sure I understand correctly, but isn't that how vanilla already works? One thing I could do is have trains go to another station if their state changes to no path.
I speak about situation like that
When top station was disconnected, train stopped instead of recalculating route and go back to bottom station.

So your's solution would solve that problem.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.64

Post by Choumiko »

Damrus wrote:Currently I still have the same problem with the latest version of this mod. yet not if I load the game without any other mods (as you suggested).
So I went and checked which mods could have this affect and by loading in an extra mod one after another... and found that if I had Colour coding in there would give me the error.
That really is the strangest thing ever.. I'm using color coding too, absolutely no issues. Try using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... /info.json as the info.json
It simply removes the optional dependency for color coding. Again, i don't know why that should fix it but i also don't know why something that works for me (and others) doesn't work for you :shock:
Jonathan88 wrote:This mod is AMAZING!!!
Neotix wrote:I speak about situation like that
When top station was disconnected, train stopped instead of recalculating route and go back to bottom station.

So your's solution would solve that problem.
I'll look into it (wednesday probably), shouldn't be too hard and could be usefull especially when you update a train line and some trains might not be able to reach the new station(s) without skipping one.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

The Mod "color coding" also makes for me problems.

When I click a Lockomotive in the game, there may be a CTD.
The Game then says, that a lock must be recolored and it lubricates.

Can you solve problem with your mod, or must color coding be deaktivated?
Incidentally, in Color Coding, I have turned the locks off, but it's no use anyway.

PS: Could you explain very simple for me, how I can fill up a lock properly - please even simple? :oops:

THX for your work!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Alexs wrote:The Mod "color coding" also makes for me problems.

When I click a Lockomotive in the game, there may be a CTD.
The Game then says, that a lock must be recolored and it lubricates.

Can you solve problem with your mod, or must color coding be deaktivated?
Incidentally, in Color Coding, I have turned the locks off, but it's no use anyway.

PS: Could you explain very simple for me, how I can fill up a lock properly - please even simple? :oops:

THX for your work!
Sorry, i don't understand. Can you pm me in german, also screenshots/error logs etc would be nice. As i already said, i'm using color-coding locomotives without any issues.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.66

Post by Alexs »

wie besprochen:
bild 1.jpg
bild 1.jpg (78.72 KiB) Viewed 8882 times
bild 2.jpg
bild 2.jpg (64.96 KiB) Viewed 8882 times
bild 3.jpg
bild 3.jpg (146.99 KiB) Viewed 8882 times

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Noob question, please correct me of my understanding of the ST and rules setting :
The demosave files is crashing on load, can't learn from the example files :roll:

Min waiting time : Does this overide the value we set in every train ?
Say i set one train A to stay at train stop 1 for 0 seconds then it's will be overwrite internally as 4 seconds instead ?

Interval for auto depart : Does this is the value in seconds the train will leave after the condition in rules have been met to depart ?
Say the rules is the train to depart when full, then wait 2 seconds before depart ? If i set for zero, they will depart immediately ?

Interval for signal : Same as above, but ticks instead of seconds ?

Min. flow rate : I have no idea.

Signal in rules : I have no idea, what kind of signal ?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

waduk wrote:The demosave files is crashing on load, can't learn from the example files :roll:
Any error log?
waduk wrote:Min waiting time : Does this overide the value we set in every train ?
Say i set one train A to stay at train stop 1 for 0 seconds then it's will be overwrite internally as 4 seconds instead ?

Interval for auto depart : Does this is the value in seconds the train will leave after the condition in rules have been met to depart ?
Say the rules is the train to depart when full, then wait 2 seconds before depart ? If i set for zero, they will depart immediately ?

Interval for signal : Same as above, but ticks instead of seconds ?

Min. flow rate : I have no idea.

Signal in rules : I have no idea, what kind of signal ?
Min waiting time: Controls when the first check for Full/Empty/Autodepart is made after the train arrives at the station. If this is higher than your time in the schedule the train should ignore these rules (i think).

Interval for auto depart: Controls when SmartTrains checks/updates the rules. E.g. 4 seconds after arriving: 1st check, 6sec. after arrival: 2nd check etc. As soon as a rule is true the train leaves. You can lower it to 1second if you want faster response, might cost you some FPS/UPS though.

Interval for signals: Same as above, only that it affects the update rate of the SmartTrain stops and the signal rule only

Min flow rate: Only used for RailTankerMod and the (Auto)Depart: every flow below this value is considered to be zero (you can get crazy low changes when a Railtanker is nearly full, like 0.0000001234)

Signal in rules: 1. signal checkbox: Makes trains only leave when the condition you set on the lamp at the smart train stop is true. 2nd signal checkbox: Makes the train go to the station number that the lamp condition gets from the circuit network. (numbers for your schedule would be 1 for "Coal Unload", 2 for "Coal 1")

I need to update that gui, make a better documentation and a demo save that works for everybody. So much to do :shock:

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Thank you, yes a documentation and updated GUI would be very nice, it was confusing...hehe..
But i understand you have soo much in your hand, FARL, ST, Module Inserter, AutoTrash, and Foreman...hmm...what else did i miss?

Ahh totally different interpretation of "Interval for auto depart". Thank goodness i ask that, then i should set the number higher, didn't want to get fps hit.

About the flow rate, so default is 0.1.
Here's the case, on single depleted oil well, the train was set to "depart until full-wait forever".
Does that means they will not depart indefinitely ? Or ST will detected that flow, considered that to be zero, thus force departing the train ?

Edit :
Totally mistook your explanation on minimum flow..
OK, i get it now.

Crash log :
Crash log

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

waduk wrote:Thank you, yes a documentation and updated GUI would be very nice, it was confusing...hehe..
But i understand you have soo much in your hand, FARL, ST, Module Inserter, AutoTrash, and Foreman...hmm...what else did i miss?
one yet unreleased mod (absolutely nothing fancy, doesn't even need a control.lua :D ), but yeah, it's starting to become quite a bit of work, and gui/documentation isn't really something i enjoy :lol:

About the crash: Can you try disablinc actuators? I think i had an issue with it on the demo save

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Yup, the actuator was the culprit. Can load without problem now.

Wow,..totally unexpected, really awesome demo setup. ST can do THAT ?!! :o

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Does someone have a demo or screenshots or a how to to make the most basic fuel station? I opened the demo up and I ran off and closed it lol. I got so confused. Only thing at this point I like to do is just go to a station for fueling for fun :) Thank you

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Kane wrote:Does someone have a demo or screenshots or a how to to make the most basic fuel station? I opened the demo up and I ran off and closed it lol. I got so confused. Only thing at this point I like to do is just go to a station for fueling for fun :) Thank you
Haha,..refueling was totally unnecessary given that i can just put inserter and chest.
But yeah, this is so much fun watching the train automatically go to station. I even set the value low, so they go refueling often.
Here's the screencap.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.67

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to 0.3.67

Changes
  • change refuel min/max to fuel value (in MJ)
  • removed optional dependency for dolor coding (still uses the green lamp if available)
  • added missing locales
  • show "wait ∞" in Traininfo window, when wait forever is set
The MJ value will be calculated for saves with the old version, so if you have it setup already you don't need to do anything.
When making changes to the min/max values the equivalent in coal (8MJ equals 1 coal) will be shown in the settings window after saving.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.67

Post by Kane »

Is there multiplayer support?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.67

Post by Choumiko »

Kane wrote:Is there multiplayer support?
Not for players in different forces (yet?!) if you're after that (it could work, but the forces would share the same settings/lines). It should work for normal MP though.

Return to “Mods”