[MOD 0.15] SmartTrains 2.0.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.64

Post by Choumiko »

ssilk wrote:I think this is in state, where it can be moved out of WIP?! Should I?
Not yet, need to make the Smart Train stop less WIP first, and the gui more clear :D

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Is it possible to disable TrainStop? Right now I'm using RailLogic to disconnect some of the stations (mines when they have less resources then train capacity, parallel stations to unload trains equally >>LINK<< etc.)

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Having trains eaten by biters results in an error message "control.lua:434: LuaTrain API call when LuaTrain was invalid." After taking stock of the massacre (the biters REALLY didn't appreciate being kicked out of their nests), it appears I lost two trains (or at least, there's two lines with their train missing). I received three of these messages, so not entirely sure what caused the third (perhaps one train got crippled but got redetected as a valid train, then got blown up a bit more). End result: two cargo vans, two railtankers and one locomotive eaten (oh and a few big power poles and as a consequence half a mining operation because the lasers were out)

*edit* On a later occassion (yes, biters really are going wild, might have something to do with running bobenemies and having evolution at 99.9% :) ), getting just a cargo wagon blown up didn't cause the error.

*edit2* I just realized, I'm not running the latest version yet (still on 0.3.62). As this isn't exactly reproducable on demand, I can't confirm if it still exists in 0.3.64...

BTW, I love this mod even more for the ease of recovery from trains getting blown up. Just assemble a new train and tick the active box :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

Can you add conditions from logistic network ?

necro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by necro »

I keep getting an error when I try to rename a train station:
Error in
SmartTrains:_ _ SmartTrains_ _/control.lua:664:
Error while running the event handler:
_ _SmartTrains_ _/control.lua764: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
<TAB>
I press tab and the error comes back within about half a second, over and over.
mining the station during that half second then doing the 'hard reset' console command stops it but then I lose all my train lines :?
Apart from that this mod is awesome, the auto refuel feature is very helpful!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to 0.3.65

Changes
  • fix errors with invalid trains due to wagon/locomotive being destroyed
  • fix error with renaming stations when trainlines without rules are present
  • fix errors being swallowed in MP games/saves due to error in displaying errors (confusing description , isn't it? :D )
  • fix autorefuel when wait forever is set at the last station
Edit: Forgot to add the german translation: here's the locale: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/dow ... hp?id=5606 (thanks alexs)

As for the invalid trains: For now a train gets simply removed from SmartTrains internal list of trains (leading to the trainline being unassigned, the train will keep it's schedule and keep on going though)
If possible i could readd the train and let the player know what train/trainline it was, so that he can "repair" it. Because a train that suddenly only has 1 locomotive instead of 2 might screw up your unloading/loading or whatever.

Neotix wrote:Is it possible to disable TrainStop? Right now I'm using RailLogic to disconnect some of the stations (mines when they have less resources then train capacity, parallel stations to unload trains equally >>LINK<< etc.)
It's possible, though in a different/more complex way. If you haven't already, take a look at the demo save in the first post which does something similar (trains go to specific station depending on their cargo)
fregate84 wrote:Can you add conditions from logistic network ?
I want to hold back with adding more circuit related stuff for a while (maybe even until 0.13 get's released). Parts of it still feel a bit too much WIP to keep adding more.
For now you could get Logistics combinators and use the smart train stop in combination with the signal rule.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.65

Post by Alexs »

Thanks for your work. :)

I have just started a new game and have not yet explored the trains.
But I'm really happy to test the new version

TeDeum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TeDeum »

Any chance of getting smart train stop as separate mod? Building stuff and connecting it with wires is more factorio-way than setting up stuff in gui and then have everything scripted for you.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

TeDeum wrote:Any chance of getting smart train stop as separate mod? Building stuff and connecting it with wires is more factorio-way than setting up stuff in gui and then have everything scripted for you.
What parts of the smart train stop would you want? I guess the combinator that outputs the trains cargo and the signal?
I agree with keeping it as close to vanilla as possible. At least the empty rule is quite easy to do with combinators, full rule is more tricky (if not impossible)

TeDeum
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TeDeum »

Choumiko wrote:What parts of the smart train stop would you want? I guess the combinator that outputs the trains cargo and the signal?
Yes. I guess "go to station" feature fits badly in train stop.
Choumiko wrote:At least the empty rule is quite easy to do with combinators, full rule is more tricky (if not impossible)
Why full rule is more tricky if you know number of wagons and their capacity?
I'm also thinking about second train stop type, which will hide himself (like if it not exist) if wire condition is not satisfied. It can be used in outpost to request train only if chests have enough ore to fill a train. Maybe I'll do this mod on my own.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

TeDeum wrote:Yes. I guess "go to station" feature fits badly in train stop.
So only the cargo read out, and the special signals. Should be doable
TeDeum wrote:Why full rule is more tricky if you know number of wagons and their capacity?
I'm also thinking about second train stop type, which will hide himself (like if it not exist) if wire condition is not satisfied. It can be used in outpost to request train only if chests have enough ore to fill a train. Maybe I'll do this mod on my own.
For single item trains it's easy, but add in different items with different stack sizes, limited inventories, etc..
A hideable train stop is an interesting idea. Renaming would sort of hide them but could lead to no path errors when the signal changes while a train is already on it's way.

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

cool!
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I just noticed that the train summary window.. hmm.. possibly not the best description, this one:

Doesn't show the 'wait forever' setting (the base-oil stops have that set). I think that would be a useful addition :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

silver_26
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

getting error with smart trains...

Post by silver_26 »

I get errors with smart trains
http://imgur.com/zUAemrB
and I do not know what it is... or what do to about it

when I got this error I pressed Read From UI....
caz I have a little problem with trains not refueling....

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: getting error with smart trains...

Post by Boogieman14 »

You're not using the most recent version of the mod, so make sure you update first. If that doesn't fix it, you might wanna post in the mod's thread. Not sure if Choumiko checks this board often. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 97&t=14432

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: getting error with smart trains...

Post by Choumiko »

Boogieman14 wrote:Not sure if Choumiko checks this board often.
I do :D
The line the error points at is either a blank line or a line without a comparison in the last 3 releases, so please update and/or tell me which version.

Can a mod merge these posts into SmartTrains thread please?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to 0.3.66

Changes
  • skip updating line when autorefuel added the refuel station
  • update for RailTanker 1.1.0 (increased max Volume)
Autorefuel should work (again)..
If you're using railtanker and the full rule you'll need to update to the latest RailTanker version, since the tankers got their max cargo increased to 2500. If you don't they will never be considered full by SmartTrains.
Boogieman14 wrote:Doesn't show the 'wait forever' setting (the base-oil stops have that set). I think that would be a useful addition :)
I'll add it in the next version. Also confused me at times :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.2+] SmartTrains 0.3.66

Post by ssilk »

Moved the error thread from General board into here to authors request. :)

But I'll add also an bug report subboard as in the other boards
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Nemoricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nemoricus »

Smarter, logistics integrated trains are definitely something I'm interested in, and I may experiment with this mod soon.

However, I'm wondering if you can perhaps tell a train to transport a product, like iron ore, to a receiving station. Then, it would seek out the closest station that offers that product.

To make this fancier, it would only move if the logistics network tells it that the level of a product has dropped below a threshold that the player has set.

This would reduce the level of micromanaging the player has to do, since they just need to assign products to a station, and then trains that transport that product will automatically seek it out.

Is this something the mod is currently capable of? If not, would it be something that can be worked on for future releases?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I have a suggestion.
Right now when train is going to the station and that station not available anymore (removed or disconnected from the tracks network), train will stop on the tracks and show message No Path.
Could be possible to make train recalculate route and choose next station?
For example.
Train have route:
Station A
Station B
Station C
and going from Station B to Station C. Meanwhile Station C is removed. Train recalculate path and choose Station A as next stop.
Train move from Station A to Station B and Station B is disconnected (bitters destroyed tracks). Train recalculate patch and go back to Station A. It stay in Station A until Station B or Station C are available.

Return to “Mods”