[MOD 0.12.12+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.13

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.5+] Advanced Logistics System

Post by Outsider »

waduk wrote:Sorry, i can't make it to work.
The way i see it, both "Network Item" and "Normal Item" tab, using the same code in item.lua, line 77.
Problem is Network Item only need 8 column, while the Normal Item need 10 column.
The workaround is if i make additional 2 new Network chest and styles, so the Network Items will have the same column.
But i don't have a custom logistic chest (yet).

The other way is to somehow force Network item to not using the same code/line colspan like Normal Item. But i don't know how to do that.
Is it requiring a major code rewrote ?
If it is, i don't want to waste your time.
So either i'm gonna use the first workaround or maybe redo the whole thing (just replacing normal item in control.lua with my custom chest) :(
my bad i thought you were talking about the networks tab, i see the issue now.

you could probably do something like this, in gui/items.lua in the updateItemsTable function you can add at the top around lines 5/6

Code: Select all

local colspan = 8

if currentTab == "logistics" then
            colspan = 9
        elseif currentTab == "normal" then
            colspan = 10
        end
then change the table initialization around line 77 from

itemsTable = itemsFrame.add({type = "table", name = "itemsTable", colspan = 8, style = "lv_items_table"})
to

itemsTable = itemsFrame.add({type = "table", name = "itemsTable", colspan = colspan, style = "lv_items_table"})
you obviously need to change the values to match the columns you have for each tab.

i'll probably look into adding more flexibility to the UI in the next release, just need to move away from using pre-generated sorting/filtering icons.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Sorry for late reply, i took time to make sure i'm not prematurely reporting success.

I can't thank you enough. That fix the problem (well of course it does ! You wrote it !).

There is a really tiny minor visual issues, but well, i won't report it. I'm just really-really happy with this result. :D

It's really great to hear if you want to add more flexibility on future release. I guess it's only a matter of time before someone ask, "can you add this xx chest from this xx mod ?" :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Hey Outsider,

My Mod, Natural Evolution has a Artifact Collector, that's a passive storage chest.
I was wondering if you could help me, I'd like to add some code will make the artifact collector work with your mod.
I'll add it to my mod's data-updates, so when I detect your mod, I can add it.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Getting a bug when trying to view different networks.

Networks Tab -> View (under tools)
Pictures
I believe it was for the player network. I've got 1 super network and my Power Armour.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

TheSAguy wrote:Hey Outsider,

My Mod, Natural Evolution has a Artifact Collector, that's a passive storage chest.
I was wondering if you could help me, I'd like to add some code will make the artifact collector work with your mod.
I'll add it to my mod's data-updates, so when I detect your mod, I can add it.

Is that possible?

Thanks.
Hi,

i have looked at your mod's code and i don't see any need for custom compatibility code, it should work as it is.

i'm however confused on why you are using 2 entities for the artifact collector and both entities are logistic containers, maybe i am missing something? either way both should show by default in my mod.
Last edited by Outsider on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:Getting a bug when trying to view different networks.

Networks Tab -> View (under tools)
Pictures
I believe it was for the player network. I've got 1 super network and my Power Armour.
My bad the code doesn't seem to be excluding the player network properly, i will be uploading a fix for this shortly.. sorry for the inconvenience :)

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Version 0.2.7 released and uploaded, this version just includes some minor bug fixes.

Changelog
  • Fixed an issue with the player network showing in the networks list

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I was playing with version 0.2.6, so have not tested with 0.2.7 yet, but I got the below two crashes with 0.2.6.

First crash, just placing a robo-port. (Plying with Bob's, but this was a vanilla port)

The second crash happens when I use my Artifact collectors. (Natural Evolution Mod)

Thanks.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

TheSAguy wrote:I was playing with version 0.2.6, so have not tested with 0.2.7 yet, but I got the below two crashes with 0.2.6.

First crash, just placing a robo-port. (Plying with Bob's, but this was a vanilla port)

The second crash happens when I use my Artifact collectors. (Natural Evolution Mod)

Thanks.
Hey sorry for the delay, so it seems you were right about compatibility issues with your mod :)

does the second error happen when you are viewing the "Disconnected Chests" list?

what happens in both errors i think is that entity.destroy() doesn't fire any events, and you probably have some Artifact collectors that are not within a logistic network, so they are counted among the disconnected chests lists, and not removed when you destroy them in your mod.

i can obviously easily work around this by doing entity.valid checks but i found that it's inconsistent and also masks compatibility issues with other mods.. anyway i will have to figure a better way to handle this, or just do some testing on entity.valid to make sure it's working as intended.

socramazibi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by socramazibi »

Hi, thanks for the mod, any option or way to modify the browser to look in another language and not only in English? Thank you

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

socramazibi wrote:Hi, thanks for the mod, any option or way to modify the browser to look in another language and not only in English? Thank you
Yes there is a way but it involves some translation on your end, the mod comes with a locale file that can be found under "locale/en/en.cfg"

you need to duplicate that file and translate the strings there yourself, then add it under the proper locale directory with the proper code, you can find a list of all locale codes under your game directory "data/base/locale", not really sure if there is a list of codes online.

If you do translate it please send me the file so i can attach it to upcoming releases.

socramazibi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by socramazibi »

Hi, I get this error and press ok and I get the game. Thank you.

http://screenshot.sh/m1SxD6GrmQ2oM

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Outsider wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:I was playing with version 0.2.6, so have not tested with 0.2.7 yet, but I got the below two crashes with 0.2.6.

Thanks.
Hey sorry for the delay, so it seems you were right about compatibility issues with your mod :)

does the second error happen when you are viewing the "Disconnected Chests" list?

what happens in both errors i think is that entity.destroy() doesn't fire any events, and you probably have some Artifact collectors that are not within a logistic network, so they are counted among the disconnected chests lists, and not removed when you destroy them in your mod.

i can obviously easily work around this by doing entity.valid checks but i found that it's inconsistent and also masks compatibility issues with other mods.. anyway i will have to figure a better way to handle this, or just do some testing on entity.valid to make sure it's working as intended.
Correct, error 2, (line 365) happens when I click the disconnected chest button.
I did some more testing and get the same errors with 2.7. The first error (line 671) happens when you place a robo-port in an area where there is already an Artifact collector. If you first place the port, then the artifact collector, no error. But if you please the Artifact collector then the port, in the same coverage area, you get the crash.

There are two Artifact collector entities. The "Artifact-Collector-Area" one is just for graphical display, to show you the 50x50 coverage area. Once placed, it get's switched out with the other entity, that does not have the graphical overlay.

Thanks.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

TheSAguy wrote:
Outsider wrote:

Thanks.

Correct, error 2, (line 365) happens when I click the disconnected chest button.
I did some more testing and get the same errors with 2.7. The first error (line 671) happens when you place a robo-port in an area where there is already an Artifact collector. If you first place the port, then the artifact collector, no error. But if you please the Artifact collector then the port, in the same coverage area, you get the crash.

There are two Artifact collector entities. The "Artifact-Collector-Area" one is just for graphical display, to show you the 50x50 coverage area. Once placed, it get's switched out with the other entity, that does not have the graphical overlay.

Thanks.
Yeah the issue is using entity.destroy() doesn't fire an on_entity_died event or any other event for that matter, so your "Artifact-Collector-Area" chest still exist on the disconnected chests lists, and any calls on it would fire that error, i will add an entity.valid check on the function i run to check for disconnected chests which should solve the first issue, and probably the second if i force the same function to run whenever you view the disconnected chests lists.

another alternative is i can add a compatibility check for your mod to not include any "Artifact-Collector-Area" in disconnected chests lists whenever one is built, but i'd rather not do that, as the eneity.valid check should be enough given that it works properly now :)

either way these fixes will have to wait for the next release which will also include the updates for 0.12.11

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

socramazibi wrote:Hi, I get this error and press ok and I get the game. Thank you.

haven't been able to replicate this, when does it happen? when you try to view more info on a specific network?
i could nest my "if" statements around that error so it won't happen again, but i am curious on how you got it in the first place.

socramazibi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by socramazibi »

Outsider wrote:
socramazibi wrote:Hi, I get this error and press ok and I get the game. Thank you.

haven't been able to replicate this, when does it happen? when you try to view more info on a specific network?
i could nest my "if" statements around that error so it won't happen again, but i am curious on how you got it in the first place.
No idea, not be as took place. Delete the mod and run the game. And then I went back to the mod and not returned to occur. Thank you

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.8

Post by Outsider »

Version 0.2.8 Uploaded, this one is an update for Factorio 0.12.11 and also some minor bug fixes.

Changelog
  • Updated the mod for factorio 0.12.11
  • Added entity.valid checks to disconnected chests functions
  • Fixed a bug within the networks view

Alpha82
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alpha82 »

Hey, I get the following error whenever I open the logistics view:

I'm running v. 0.2.8 and Factorio 0.12.12
Attachments
als-error.jpg
als-error.jpg (97.83 KiB) Viewed 7648 times

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Alpha, that is because of an API change in 0.12.12.

If you know lua, you could try fix it. Otherwise revert to 0.12.11 or wait until it's updated.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I did an update for Factorio 0.12.12 or higher.
Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes Outsider :)
It's also on github for you. Not sure if I did that right though.
Attachments
advanced-logistics-system_0.2.9.zip
For Factorio >0.12.12
(121.28 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Return to “Mods”