[MOD 0.12.12+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.13

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Thiseus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Advanced Logistics System

Post by Thiseus »

Great mod! Anyway you could add support for the upgraded roboports for the Upgraded electric mod? Thanks a bunch!

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Thiseus wrote:Great mod! Anyway you could add support for the upgraded roboports for the Upgraded electric mod? Thanks a bunch!
Thanks, and yeah sure if you can post links to these mods i'll have a look.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Thiseus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thiseus »

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Great mod, love the insight it gives into the contents of all the storage. Don't really see the point of that required item though, I'd probably just get rid of it (the research requirement is fine though, just don't like giving up inventory space :) )

Would it somehow be possible to add the number of bots (both logistics and construction) that's active in the network to the overview as well? That's something I'm still missing on occasion.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Boogieman14 wrote:Great mod, love the insight it gives into the contents of all the storage. Don't really see the point of that required item though, I'd probably just get rid of it (the research requirement is fine though, just don't like giving up inventory space :) )

Would it somehow be possible to add the number of bots (both logistics and construction) that's active in the network to the overview as well? That's something I'm still missing on occasion.
Thanks, and yeah i thought some people might not like that item requirement, the fact that it only works when you have one on you is just for realism..

anyway i guess we have two options here >

1- add a config option the would have the mod work without the item requirements, this would have to be edited in a config.lua file in the mod files.. not really a big fan of this route because it involves code editing even if it's as minor as flipping a true/false value.

2- add a placeable entity that would be a permanent "Advanced Logistics System" that means you no longer need to carry the pda to access the system, the new item/entity would be alot more expensive and uses power.

option 2 kinda sounds better to me even tho it involves alot more work, specially graphics/animations which i am not that good at :)

anyway would love to hear what you guys think?
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Option 3: slightly jack up the research cost and be done with it? :mrgreen: The character already has an interface with the logistics network (logistics slots/trash slots), so it isn't unrealistic for this information to be available through the same device he already uses to interact with that (maybe he's wearing a smart watch?)

But it's your mod, if that's a step too far for you, I'd prefer your first option :) Your second option sounds like a lot of work for something that adds 0 gameplay (you build the thing, plop it down and never look at it again)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Boogieman14 wrote:Option 3: slightly jack up the research cost and be done with it? :mrgreen: The character already has an interface with the logistics network (logistics slots/trash slots), so it isn't unrealistic for this information to be available through the same device he already uses to interact with that (maybe he's wearing a smart watch?)

But it's your mod, if that's a step too far for you, I'd prefer your first option :) Your second option sounds like a lot of work for something that adds 0 gameplay (you build the thing, plop it down and never look at it again)
it does make sense tbh, i guess i just liked the fact that you can only use the mod when you have the "System/Pda" on you.. but the mod wasn't made just for my own pleasure, so i am obviously willing to change it for the best.

So anyway i created a poll on the thread regarding the issue, i am pretty sure the outcome is already decided but polls are fun and i like democracy when it works :D

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Considering the fact that you can press 'p' and equivalent insight in production (without an item), linking the logistic overview behind an items just seems like a waste of inventory space. Having just a research requirement is fine.

I only see an item as necessary if you wanted to limit the scope of the scanner. i.e. If you want to scan the main base but not your outpost you would only place the item/entity in the main base. (An exception would need to be made for disconnected chests.)Though if you were to limit the scope to different networks, you may want to add network selection to the UI to allow switching between them. (Instead of one unified view.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Thank you guys for your input, Version 0.2.5 is now up!

The item requirement is now removed by default, but there is a config option in "config.lua" that let's you renable it if you'd like to.

Changelog
  • Added a config option for the item requirement, with "no item required" being the default.
  • Fix item icons scale.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Two minor issues:

Adding support for Robocharge - Robot Charging Station:

Code: Select all

--Robot Charging Station
	global.roboradius["Robot-Charge-Station"] = 10
Issues with the logistic trains in 5dim-trains:

Error while running the event handler: __advanced-logistics-system__/gui/items.lua:451: Unknown style item-icons-logistic-chest-storage-provider-trans
I got this one while clicking to view the location (the magnifying glass) of the train.

Error while running the event handler: __advanced-logistics-system__/gui/items.lua:607: Unknown style item-icons-logistic-chest-storage-provider-trans
Here I have one storage wagon that's disconnected. (This is the only disconnected item.) Clicking the 'view' button next to disconnected chests causes this.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

sadris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sadris »

I'm getting the following error when I try to view other radar stations with the Command & Control mod (I think it basically teleports you)

advanced-logistic-system/control.lua:217: attempt to index field 'characater' (a nil value)

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 86&t=13338

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

Thanks for your cool mod. Could you please also integrate the mod of YoukiTani? this logistics boxes are not displayed. But many of my stocks are in their chests. Thank you very much for your work

R3vo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by R3vo »

Hey Outsider,
first of all, thanks for this awesome mod, I would like to put it into good use, however, my interface looks like this.

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/201 ... e19xyc.jpg

I've unfortunately set the number of lines to ~30 without thinking :roll:
I tried to find a variable, which I could set back to default, without success. Is there any solution to this, without starting a new savegame?

Furthermore I'd suggest you add a limit to the number of lines, or at least a little hint which warns the user of too high values.

Edit: I have somehow solved the issue, but I've got no clue how.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Crash when removing roboport:
Factorio 0.12.6
Advanced Logistics System 0.2.5
The cause may be 5dim's train (logistic) module ?
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=81

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Hey guys, sorry for the absence, been incredibly busy with work.. will be pushing an update that handles all the mentioned issues plus some interesting new additions and optimized code.

sorry again for the delay, the update should be up by the start of next week.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Outsider wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the absence, been incredibly busy with work.. will be pushing an update that handles all the mentioned issues plus some interesting new additions and optimized code.

sorry again for the delay, the update should be up by the start of next week.
No need to rush.
I also have uninstall the 5dim's mod, because it conflict with other mod as well.

But if you still want to resolve the problem (in case some 5dim's user will reporting the same issue in the future), i think what happen is because 5dim's mods have a logistic train, thus when the train (more than one?) enter the roboport area, and when roboport is being removed it caused crash

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Would it be possible to dynamically load all logistic items, so that any mod adding extra logistic chests or roboports will be seen by this mod?

Dytech (or the lighter Chest only mod I made) and the Robocharge poles mod have this issue.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Evilness
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Evilness »

waduk wrote:Crash when removing roboport:
Factorio 0.12.6
Advanced Logistics System 0.2.5
The cause may be 5dim's train (logistic) module ?
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=81
I have encountered the same issue nad im not using 5dim's. I am however using dytech and some other minor mods.

TBog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TBog »

I have a lua crash when loading up the map:
Here is the save file and all the mods in use:
http://speedy.sh/yCeHZ/error.zip

I can disable Advanced Logistics System and load the map, make a new save, exit, toggle the mod back on and load the new save and everything works, but maybe it should be fixed.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I got the below crash, when I tried to mine a robo-port.
First time using the mod.

Using Bob's, but it was a vanilla port.

Return to “Mods”