[MOD 0.12.12+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.13

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] Advanced Logistics System 0.2.13

Post by kot »

Is it possible to add localised search support to the mod? There are LuaGameScript::item_prototypes and LuaItemPrototype::localised_name, but I don't know if they any good as a solution to the problem.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

The icons changed appearance in 0.12.31. Seems to be all kinds of new quirks with buttons, checkboxes, and images. See my post on viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23593&p=154428#p154428.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

kot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kot »

kot wrote:Is it possible to add localised search support to the mod?
Answering to myself. It's impossible due to lua unicode support limitation. Moreover LuaItemPrototype::localised_name returns an array where first item is only a key to phrase in translation file.

Jodun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jodun »

This is a great (I would even say essential) mod, but I have run into one small problem with it. I have a lot of small networks spread across my map and when I click on the view filters button to apply a filter to the results the window that opens is too big to fit my screen. The list of networks runs off the top and bottom of my screen. Would it be possible to make it so we can page through the list of networks to select the network or networks that we want to view?

Aintence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aintence »

Hello, I have accidentally bugged my save. Game closes current save whenever i press the button to open the GUI.
here is the list of mods i use:
Mods
Here is the error i get when i press the button:
Error
Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:
I disabled mod, loaded world, then enabled mod and it started working. Error no longer shows up.
Last edited by daniel34 on Sat May 14, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed spoiler tags

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i'm playing with the Warehouse mod and it seems Advanced logistics don't count items in it.
Advanced Logistics 1.PNG
Advanced Logistics 1.PNG (89.48 KiB) Viewed 7521 times
To the picture above:
- Missing storage chest count display
- total item count only storage chest count
Advanced Logistics 2.PNG
Advanced Logistics 2.PNG (269.52 KiB) Viewed 7521 times
To the picture above:
+ Total items and logistics correct
+ Storage Warehouse included

Edit: Logistic Rails are also ignored.

Greetings steinio
Last edited by steinio on Sun May 22, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Bug: If you type a stray [ (left square bracket) in the search filter, the mod errors out.

Sorry this is brief; it's pretty easy to recreate though.

I didn't look at the code but I guess the search string is being directly passed to some lua pattern matching function, if it's an invalid pattern it throws an error.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

steinio wrote:Hello,

i'm playing with the Warehouse mod and it seems Advanced logistics don't count items in it.
Advanced Logistics 1.PNG
To the picture above:
Advanced Logistics 2.PNG
To the picture above:

Greetings steinio
Hi, i'm not seeing the issue here? the "Storage Warehouse" isn't really a "Storage Chest" which is what shows in the main items list, it seems to be counting the items in it in the totals, but they wouldn't show under the "Storage Chest" column since this only counts items in actual storage chests, not modded ones, on the "Item Details" view it does show that there are 2646 Alien Artifacts in "Storage Warehouses".

The only bug i see here is that on the Item Details page it's actually including the items in "Requester Chests" in the total count, and by default it shouldn't, this is something you can adjust in the "Settings" btw.. if you'd like the main item lists to include "Requester Chests Items" in the totals.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

JasonC wrote:Bug: If you type a stray [ (left square bracket) in the search filter, the mod errors out.

Sorry this is brief; it's pretty easy to recreate though.

I didn't look at the code but I guess the search string is being directly passed to some lua pattern matching function, if it's an invalid pattern it throws an error.
Thanks for the report, i'll include a fix in the next release, been terribly busy with work, so this and other fixes will probably have to wait for 0.13, as i have a list of things that need to be changed/added but so far nothing game breaking, so i'd rather hold off till 0.13 is out as it adds some interesting stuff.. "Sprites, Tooltips.. etc" :)
Last edited by Outsider on Sun May 22, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advanced Logistics System - Provides a detailed view of your logistics network and the items within it

Outsider
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Outsider »

Jodun wrote:This is a great (I would even say essential) mod, but I have run into one small problem with it. I have a lot of small networks spread across my map and when I click on the view filters button to apply a filter to the results the window that opens is too big to fit my screen. The list of networks runs off the top and bottom of my screen. Would it be possible to make it so we can page through the list of networks to select the network or networks that we want to view?
Thank you, And that is a fair point.. and an oversight on my end :)

I'll look into implementing Pagination for the network filters window, or maybe even move it into the actual networks list since it already includes pagination.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Outsider wrote:
steinio wrote:Hello,

The attachment Advanced Logistics 1.PNG is no longer available
To the picture above:
The attachment Advanced Logistics 2.PNG is no longer available
To the picture above:

Greetings steinio
Hi, i'm not seeing the issue here? the "Storage Warehouse" isn't really a "Storage Chest" which is what shows in the main items list, it seems to be counting the items in it in the totals, but they wouldn't show under the "Storage Chest" column since this only counts items in actual storage chests, not modded ones, on the "Item Details" view it does show that there are 2646 Alien Artifacts in "Storage Warehouses".

The only bug i see here is that on the Item Details page it's actually including the items in "Requester Chests" in the total count, and by default it shouldn't, this is something you can adjust in the "Settings" btw.. if you'd like the main item lists to include "Requester Chests Items" in the totals.
Hello,

ok.
So i ask you politly to implement counting also warehouses and logistic rails under the logistic chest column, because the mods work basically as (huge) logistic chest.

Edit:
Encountered an error: at clicking on the magnifier
Advanced Logistics 4.PNG
Advanced Logistics 4.PNG (356.76 KiB) Viewed 8029 times

The game crashes:
Advanced Logistics 3.PNG
Advanced Logistics 3.PNG (407.2 KiB) Viewed 8029 times
Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

UntouchedWagons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by UntouchedWagons »

Hey there just wanted to let you know that in the ALS gui, concrete and batteries' icon don't render.

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Certainly a very nice mod.

But you can't filter networks if you have more than 20 or so. I use Roboports for repairs only, they appear as separated networks and can't be filtered - the window is too big, it can't be closed and an autosave have to be loaded to escape this menu.

jakimfett
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakimfett »

Pyromaniac technomancer blacksmith with Steampunk tendencies.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

I'm also adding hebrew today so when it comes, it has Hebrew locale ! :)
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

@Outsider, any update on the progress? This is literally the last *NECESSARY* mod (for me, yes, playing without it is just too painful) that lacks a 0.13 update.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:@Outsider, any update on the progress? This is literally the last *NECESSARY* mod (for me, yes, playing without it is just too painful) that lacks a 0.13 update.
indeed. amen to that. I am a happy bunny with 0.13 and the mods I use except for not having this one. It pains me to have to use a combinator to find out how much of a specific item is in my network!!! :)

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

CorBlimey wrote:
Jürgen Erhard wrote:@Outsider, any update on the progress? This is literally the last *NECESSARY* mod (for me, yes, playing without it is just too painful) that lacks a 0.13 update.
indeed. amen to that. I am a happy bunny with 0.13 and the mods I use except for not having this one. It pains me to have to use a combinator to find out how much of a specific item is in my network!!! :)
You can run a wire from a roboport and set the roboport to 'read network contents'. No combinator needed. (Or are you trying to do something different?)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Lejving
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lejving »

Please update!!!

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

MasterBuilder wrote:
CorBlimey wrote:
You can run a wire from a roboport and set the roboport to 'read network contents'. No combinator needed. (Or are you trying to do something different?)
It is impossible to see stuff further down the list as there is no scroll bar and items are ranked by quantity. By the time you have a few k of all the inputs sitting around, you can't see anything small (like how many capsules do I have left etc)

Return to “Mods”