[MOD 0.12.x] Aircraft

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Eldwen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Aircraft

Post by Eldwen »

SuicidalKid wrote:
Urbs wrote:Is this mod dead or still being worked on?
I had sent a request to the mod author a while ago about using this mod for a larger version of it, but it's been over a month with no reply. I think I'm just going to start doing it anyway :shock: because I don't think he's going to come back.
1. No, it was never dead.
2. You deleted your own message, so I never had the chance to read what it said.
3. I posted an update to this page on 12-20-15 stating that I was continuing work on this mod and would have an update pushed out soon.

DeadlyShyGuy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DeadlyShyGuy »

Download?

PST
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PST »

It's a really good idea for the mod, but honestly the aircrafts didn't feel like i expected. Piloting an airplane feels exactly like driving a car in factorio, that was always the problem with this mod for me. Sorry..

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

If you disappear forever, people won't be allowed to make modifications and updates to your mod.

I wonder why you made that choice?

indigot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by indigot »

great mod, just tweak the fuel usage, it's way too op now and shouldnt use as much as a train locomotive. the fast exploring and movement is really good so even more reason to up the fuel usage to make it a bit harder too use for long periods of time

CraftianUD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CraftianUD »

Hey, this is a very helpful mod in so many ways and i thank you for it

however the sound of it being a car? once i found out that Factorio is a LUA based game i knew i could make alternations to it

SO.. i added a new sound file into the base mod "afterburner.ogg" changed the sound file directions in the "Entities.lua" file in the Aircraft folder and now your gunship sounds like what it should be, an actual jet sound ;)

so you can probably make new sounds to better the attention to detail of your flights, i cant find any start up or shut down sounds that are good and compatiple with the engine sound i have but ill leave it to you.

to let ya know how to make it sound cool :mrgreen:

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

CraftianUD wrote:Hey, this is a very helpful mod in so many ways and i thank you for it

however the sound of it being a car? once i found out that Factorio is a LUA based game i knew i could make alternations to it

SO.. i added a new sound file into the base mod "afterburner.ogg" changed the sound file directions in the "Entities.lua" file in the Aircraft folder and now your gunship sounds like what it should be, an actual jet sound ;)

so you can probably make new sounds to better the attention to detail of your flights, i cant find any start up or shut down sounds that are good and compatiple with the engine sound i have but ill leave it to you.

There were some other improved sounds posted here: viewtopic.php?p=121261#p121261

CraftianUD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CraftianUD »

Supercheese wrote:
CraftianUD wrote:Hey, this is a very helpful mod in so many ways and i thank you for it

There were some other improved sounds posted here: viewtopic.php?p=121261#p121261
ya those sounds are good together and i might use them to make a new entity for the mod, my plan is to make my own some sort of a scout plane, using a pistol like weapon only BUT implement the personal colors some how onto some cool stripes along the steel :D

Though remember this, there is more then 1 jet in the world and thus there is more then 1 sound and some people like one thing over the other ;)

LubieArbuzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LubieArbuzy »

Polish Loacale (pl) :)

Code: Select all

[item-description]
gunship=Zwiadowczy i bojowy samolot.

[item-name]
gunship=Gunship

[entity-name]
gunship=Gunship

[entity-description]
gunship=Zwiadowczy i bojowy samolot.

[technology-name]
advanced-aerodynamics=Zaawanosowana Aerodynamika
gunships=Gunships

[technology-description]
advanced-aerodynamics=Dalsze odkrycia lotnictwa.
gunships=Bojowy i transportowy samolot.

Quazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quazar »

Enjoying the heck out of this mod and looking forward to the next version ;)

janook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by janook »

Heads up OP, the mod is broken due to the download file not having an underscore in the correct place. Currenty is "Aircraft 1.0.4.zip", should be "Aircraft_1.0.4.zip"

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

janook wrote:Heads up OP, the mod is broken due to the download file not having an underscore in the correct place. Currenty is "Aircraft 1.0.4.zip", should be "Aircraft_1.0.4.zip"
Interesting find, I've always unpacked mods before running the game, but the error has been rectified, although it is still 1.0.4.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

still cant download the update
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

aRatNamedSammy wrote:still cant download the update
Did you try the one from viewtopic.php?f=120&t=18714

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Love the jet.

Better than personal teleporter for me, my base is huge.

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

A little feedback!

The Flying fortress is kinda weak. Jet is more powerful than flying fortress because it has homing missiles.

Even with mods- canon shells shoot in straight line- in late game you need precision. Why not change canon shells for 3 missile launchers? Magazine rounds are good but then again- Can you kill a behemoth in it?

Again jet is far superior. It has speed- precision- it only lacks low Hp. Cargo plane is good until you get a jet.

I would recommend redoing flying fortress to make it superior to jet as so far i have little to no use building a flying fortress. It should be like a Battleship or something- King of the line but its not and its stupidly slow- eats fuel like madman and if you are in pickle at late game alien base- you die.

I dont know if its possible but a shield addition to the fortress would be nice. If you make it slow- it has to have a shield or Amazing firepower to kill aliens- as of 1.0.6 mod version it has none. If you could make it truly the Ultimate in aerial warfare- it would go long way.

As for cargo plane- its okey-ish but its turn rate should be faster. If its a flying chest i need for it to turn. I usually spend lots of time slowing it down then flying.

So far:

Gunship- good for early start- packs a nice punch- cheap if you crash it- fun.
Jet- superior plane- packs a huge firepower- lots of speed- fast- balanced fuel usage- lots of fun. low hp but its justified.
Cargo plane- slow, slow turn rate- huge cargo not as fun but it can have its purposes.
Flying fortress- huge fuel consumption- slow- no shield- low firepower- uses canon shells instead of missiles. For the resources you spend on it not worth it(currently)

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

I knew I was forgetting something for the FF (I forgot missiles were a thing after the jet). I'll see about buffing(?) the turn speed of the cargo plane and maybe speed up the FF if I can't figure out how to put a shield on it. I'm not sure if you can put shields on vehicles, but I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: 1.0.7 is up, still no shield on the FF

Kill3rCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kill3rCat »

Now, damn. If only there were a mod with the utility of this mod, and the take-off/landing mechanics of the 'Raven' mod...

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Kill3rCat wrote:Now, damn. If only there were a mod with the utility of this mod, and the take-off/landing mechanics of the 'Raven' mod...
I think you'll be happy to hear that Adil made a plugin for that! It's currently not working with Factorio 0.14 yet (at least not in my testing) but that's sure to be fixed soon.

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=31563

Zcoolest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zcoolest »

You gonna update it any time please SIR? its 14.0 NOW WAITING ON THIIS MOD!

Return to “Mods”