Topics and discussion about specific mods
DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.1.3

Post by DRY411S »

DRY411S wrote:
orzelek wrote:
DRY411S wrote:In your 1.1.5 changelog there is a bullet that says...
importing from script requires the player to be an admin
Is that now a requirement that wasn't before, or was a requirement, but isn't now?
It looks like this functionality could be the reason for desync mentioned above?
It would lead to different state of player blueprints based on their admin flag. And Rsending mentioned in that thread that blueprint books differ between server and client.
Which is why I asked the question. ;)
This looks quite serious. Even though we disabled this mod and all other mods our server, I still had desync errors that Wube devs say were caused by blueprint books being out of sync. It was only after one of the other players killed me and thus emptied my pockets of blueprint books, that were able to start playing multiplayer again.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestion

Post by DRY411S »

sebgggg wrote:Hi!

Could you automatically load a file at the beginning and users would make a symlink/hardlink to the export file?
This would allow to automatically load blueprints at start instead of copy/pasting.

Thanks!
You should look at Foreman Auto Importer, though it's not the easiest mod to use, in my opinion.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

We have had to stop using Foreman (1.1.4 AND 1.1.5) on our multiplayer servers. It seems that if a player dies and then respawns, as soon as they start to try to use blueprints, then they get desync errors.

It is *perhaps* a problem only if they die when they are playing on a multiplayer server, but they are the only online player.

A workaround is for the player who died to be killed by one of the other players after their respawn. This seems to fix the problem (and is why we think it might only be a problem if the first death is a 'lonely' one).

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

New bug. Foreman cannot cope with colons in the blueprint book or any of the blueprints when they are imported.

thelordodin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thelordodin »

It would be nice to implement quick search for blueprints.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

thelordodin wrote:It would be nice to implement quick search for blueprints.
It would be nice if the author of the mod acknowledged several bug reports above. The author has not made any posts in these forums since early January.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.1.2

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 1.1.6
  • importing from script doesn't require admin anymore (seemed to cause desyncs)
  • invalid/troubling characters in names are replaced by "_" (so far: ":;\'." )
Saves that are already desyncing are not fixed by that update unfortunately, but if the admin requirement was the cause for the desync it should be gone with it.

Further plans/features of the mod are on hold until i can check out the vanilla blueprint library.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 2.0.1
  • updated for Factorio 0.15
Foreman 2.0.1 and Factorio 0.15:

This is one of the last updates where Foreman will be able to import blueprintstrings. Use the new vanilla blueprint Library (press B by default) to store your blueprints and create strings.
You can no longer export blueprints, only import them from the old BlueprintString/Foreman format. The new vanilla format will not be supported.
Foreman will (given time) turn into a blueprint manipulation tool.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 2.0.1

Post by nagapito »

Failing to load due to missing graphics/save_icon,png file

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

nagapito wrote:Failing to load due to missing graphics/save_icon,png file
Factorio 0.15.5, same error:

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 2.0.2
  • fixed startup error

This is probably one of the last updates where Foreman will be able to import blueprintstrings. Use the new vanilla blueprint Library (press B by default) to store your blueprints and create strings.
You can no longer export blueprints, only import them from the old BlueprintString/Foreman format. The new vanilla format will not be supported.
Last edited by Choumiko on Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to Foreman 2.0.2
  • fixed startup error

This is one of the last updates where Foreman will be able to import blueprintstrings. Use the new vanilla blueprint Library (press B by default) to store your blueprints and create strings.
Thank you for fix. Really I missed about mirroring blueprints tool. :D

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Could you add mirror support for Flow Control mod? Now it work incorrect with modded pipes. Thanks.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Congratulations on a .15 release.

The new vanilla system is part way there, but I think your listing and loading in .14 was superior. Vanilla fills up my inventory - i love foreman's ability to re-use overwrite my toolbelt blueprint.

Did they make the new blueprint stuff accessible in the API? Wonder if foreman will be able to read/store to vanilla library, but have foreman list and load blueprints?

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Since in the future I wont be able to import blueprints with Foreman I would like to ask if you know what kind of compression vanilla game uses to create strings? I use javascript to create blueprints on the fly when i need them and i cant use same strings i used for Foreman.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Tha's what i found: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=45277
Seems to be close enough to the way Blueprintstring does it. Foreman will probably keep the ability to import, i'll just at one point will disable it by default and let it be an option to enable.
Peppe wrote:The new vanilla system is part way there, but I think your listing and loading in .14 was superior. Vanilla fills up my inventory - i love foreman's ability to re-use overwrite my toolbelt blueprint.

Did they make the new blueprint stuff accessible in the API? Wonder if foreman will be able to read/store to vanilla library, but have foreman list and load blueprints?
It's not (yet?!) accessible. If it becomes i think i might just as well keep the gui code in, in case one prefers the Foreman way of displaying things (and then maybe put a bit more work in making some sort of categorization system). But I'm quite sure the vanilla library isn't in it's final form yet, so we'll see where things are going.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Just wanna say, thanks for the hotkey to flip the blueprint.
I really can't play without it now, a must have feature in vanilla.

Zuzak
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 3.0

Post by Zuzak »

just got the new 3.0 update for .16 was excited to be able to convert some of my old foreman blueprint books to new style in bulk without rolling back to factorio 15.

I got this crash error thrown at me(copied from log) on loading a save that I was working on with 16

Code: Select all

Error while running on_configuration_changed: Style of type HorizontalFlow can't have parent style of type VerticalFlow
stack traceback:
	__Foreman__/control.lua:63: in function 'createBlueprintButton'
	__Foreman__/control.lua:84: in function 'init_players'
	__Foreman__/control.lua:212: in function <__Foreman__/control.lua:200>
I cannot parse what is going on here: HorizontalFlow can't have parent style of type VerticalFlow

Anyways, I just have to say, I really appreciate you making and updating this mod,
You have saved many people much time, and enabled creations of some things that would have been otherwise unfeasible at the time.
I think you were a major humongous factor in the new way the base game handles blueprints and trains now. :D
In some ways I prefer your way of individual per blueprint/book files, so that the files are manageable from outside the game.
Much less chance of corruption/loss/full overwrites, much better control of organizing where they are kept, and easier to bulk archive/upload good layouts.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

[quote="Zuzak"]jI got this crash error thrown at me(copied from log) on loading a save that I was working on with 16

Error while running on_configuration_changed: Style of type HorizontalFlow can't have parent style of type VerticalFlow
[/quote]
Can you share the save? I can't reproduce it with various saves (0.14/0.15 with or without Foreman already present, 0.16 without Foreman)

[quote="Zuzak"]
Anyways, I just have to say, I really appreciate you making and updating this mod, 
You have saved many people much time, and enabled creations of some things that would have been otherwise unfeasible at the time.
 I think you were a major humongous factor in the new way the base game handles blueprints and trains now.  :D 
In some ways I prefer your way of individual per blueprint/book files, so that the files are manageable from outside the game.
Much less chance of corruption/loss/full overwrites, much better control of organizing where they are kept, and easier to bulk archive/upload good layouts.[/quote]
Thanks, but most credits should still go to DaveMcW for Blueprintstring and JamesOFarrell for the original Foreman  :)

quenenni
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quenenni »

[quote="Choumiko"][quote="Zuzak"]jI got this crash error thrown at me(copied from log) on loading a save that I was working on with 16

[/quote]
Can you share the save? I can't reproduce it with various saves (0.14/0.15 with or without Foreman already present, 0.16 without Foreman)[/quote]

Hello,

I just started a new play yesterday, full mods (+- 120), and I have the same error as Zuzak when I start the new game, just when the map appears.

Return to “Mods”