[MOD 0.15|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 2.0.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kenira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.1.2

Post by Kenira »

Choumiko wrote:
Kenira wrote:I also get this error since i updated to 1.1.2. It does still create a file, not sure if i should worry about the integrity of the exported file?
The exported file is fine, it is written in the line before the error.
Just as a note for others reading this: It actually can corrupt the file. If you try to export a second time, it writes into the same file again, doubling it's size, repeating for every export attempt, and making it unreadable for Foreman. So only export once, then you're fine.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.1.2

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 1.1.3
  • added virtual blueprints option (WIP)
  • when loading a book, Foreman will insert empty blueprints into the book if necessary
  • fixed "overwrite books" option not clearing blueprints
  • fixed error when using Export all
  • fixed that exporting blueprints/books would append to the file, instead of overwriting
For the virtual blueprints there's a help button in the settings, and a short description on the mod portal. It's still a bit WIP but in combination with overwrite books it should work quite well (bugs aside :roll: :D ) Foreman doesn't actively try to keep 1 empty blueprint in the quickbar/inventory. But when removing empty blueprints it checks the inventory and inserts one if necessary.
Kenira wrote:Just as a note for others reading this: It actually can corrupt the file. If you try to export a second time, it writes into the same file again, doubling it's size, repeating for every export attempt, and making it unreadable for Foreman. So only export once, then you're fine.
It actually had nothing to do with the error, i messed up the arguments in the call to writing a file. Good find there :)

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 1.1.3

Post by HOSH »

Hmm.. I updated to the latest version of Foreman 1.1.3 for 0.14.20 and I have made blueprints in my game (enough it requires 2 books) to use in other games, but none export or show in the gui list. (as only imported show there)

Any ideals why they are not exporting. I imported into the game and that import I exported into another game OK, but no original created blueprints are exporting. I have all of bobs mods loaded with autofill, FARL, Rail Tanker, and tree collision loaded.

Thanks

Edit: Long way around so I could continue I re-loaded BluePrint String and exported the books I made and imported them. Let me know if I need to do anything to help out.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

HOSH wrote:Hmm.. I updated to the latest version of Foreman 1.1.3 for 0.14.20 and I have made blueprints in my game (enough it requires 2 books) to use in other games, but none export or show in the gui list. (as only imported show there)

Any ideals why they are not exporting. I imported into the game and that import I exported into another game OK, but no original created blueprints are exporting.
Export works fine for me. Eport all (The E button) only exports the blueprints that are already saved in Foremen (showing in the gui list), that's the only thing i can think of that might have you confused.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

Any chance we could get an option to import a string directly to a blueprint-in-hand? I do this so much when reloading programs on my combinator-machine that I end up having to have the original Blueprint Strings mod installed too, just for that! (And yet, somehow it's never occurred to me before now to ask...)

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

Choumiko wrote:
HOSH wrote:Hmm.. I updated to the latest version of Foreman 1.1.3 for 0.14.20 and I have made blueprints in my game (enough it requires 2 books) to use in other games, but none export or show in the gui list. (as only imported show there)

Any ideals why they are not exporting. I imported into the game and that import I exported into another game OK, but no original created blueprints are exporting.
Export works fine for me. Eport all (The E button) only exports the blueprints that are already saved in Foremen (showing in the gui list), that's the only thing i can think of that might have you confused.
Yes if it is in the GUI those exported for me, but none of the rest in my inventory exported... I did not know that so missed that somewhere in the notes/instructions.

So for original creations we will need to still load blueprint string to export them then? or is that a planned feature of Foreman? Playing Bobs mods so a lot is different from vanilla... :)

Thanks

PS I do like having the GUI, but It crashed my game on 0.14 direct connect multiplayer. At least the person hosting dedicated was able to import on his play machine, and I love that the GUI is shared with all players... :mrgreen:

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

justarandomgeek wrote:Any chance we could get an option to import a string directly to a blueprint-in-hand? I do this so much when reloading programs on my combinator-machine that I end up having to have the original Blueprint Strings mod installed too, just for that! (And yet, somehow it's never occurred to me before now to ask...)
Sure, how should it work? Clicking OK (or whatever it's called) after pasting the string with a (empty) blueprint in hand loads directly to it? Or a checkbox to load (the blueprint used would be the same as if loading from the Foreman gui with an empty cursor, so depending on your settings)
HOSH wrote:Yes if it is in the GUI those exported for me, but none of the rest in my inventory exported... I did not know that so missed that somewhere in the notes/instructions.

So for original creations we will need to still load blueprint string to export them then? or is that a planned feature of Foreman? Playing Bobs mods so a lot is different from vanilla... :)
Well, you can always import it into Foreman first and then export it, that's like 1 click extra. ;)
HOSH wrote:PS I do like having the GUI, but It crashed my game on 0.14 direct connect multiplayer. At least the person hosting dedicated was able to import on his play machine, and I love that the GUI is shared with all players... :mrgreen:
Do you still have a log from that game? Was it the first time you connected to that specific server/save?
The gui/blueprints are shared between players of the same force, i wanted to make that optional eventually, but with 0.15 having a vanilla blueprint library i'm gonna wait until then.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

Choumiko wrote:
justarandomgeek wrote:Any chance we could get an option to import a string directly to a blueprint-in-hand? I do this so much when reloading programs on my combinator-machine that I end up having to have the original Blueprint Strings mod installed too, just for that! (And yet, somehow it's never occurred to me before now to ask...)
Sure, how should it work? Clicking OK (or whatever it's called) after pasting the string with a (empty) blueprint in hand loads directly to it? Or a checkbox to load (the blueprint used would be the same as if loading from the Foreman gui with an empty cursor, so depending on your settings)
paste string + ok with blueprint in had would be great, and is roughly the same as what i do now with the other mod! :)

RangeRedneck644
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RangeRedneck644 »

I've been trying to use the Foreman mod to export a blueprint book from one save to another. I've not been able to figure out what I am doing wrong that it is not working.I imported the blueprint book by clicking it then clicking the import blueprint book button. It seemed to do that correctly.
I then exported all from the first save, and found the export0_1.lua file in the folder. I'm not sure what exactly I am suppose to copy/paste into the new save. I did the import Blueprint Book, and it popped up with a box asking for name and text. I've tried putting in export0_1.lua, export0_1, and the name I gave the original blueprint book, but nothing seems to work. All I get is a "String is Empty" notice when I do.
Any help you could give would be extremely appreciated.

RangeRedneck644
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

So you have to load one blueprint at a time? You cant upload a whole book?

Zerias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerias »

You can, you just need to open the export lua in a text editor and copy the whole thing. Inter-save blueprint saves are one of my favorite features to come in the 0.15 update next year.

RangeRedneck644
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I tried doing that with the "Import Blueprint Book" button, but it says _ _ Foreman _ _/control.lua:886: attempt to index local 'data' (a nil value).

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I'm playing a game, and I'm trying to export the blueprints that I have. But, when I click export, it says that I don't have any mods added into Foreman, and that I need to add them before I can export them.

How do I do that? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

crazybmanp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crazybmanp »

for some reason on one of my saves i am getting an error when i load a blueprint. The error is "[full path removed]/data/core/lualib/util.lua:43: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nill)". This also makes everyone in the multiplayer session get kicked.

This happens regardless of the blueprint, and regardless of whether there are people in the world that had multiple players on it. as soon as the world has had more than one player, it is impossible to load blueprints.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

It looks likely that Foreman was the cause of a Desync on my multiplayer server.

Report is here.......
viewtopic.php?f=209&t=40293

In the conversation you will also find a link to the desync report data on my Google Drive.

The only other Blueprint mod I'm using is the Foreman Auto-Importer - which only acts at the start of a new game?

Let me know if you need any further information
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

In your 1.1.5 changelog there is a bullet that says...
importing from script requires the player to be an admin
Is that now a requirement that wasn't before, or was a requirement, but isn't now?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DRY411S wrote:In your 1.1.5 changelog there is a bullet that says...
Is that now a requirement that wasn't before, or was a requirement, but isn't now?
It looks like this functionality could be the reason for desync mentioned above?
It would lead to different state of player blueprints based on their admin flag. And Rsending mentioned in that thread that blueprint books differ between server and client.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

orzelek wrote:
DRY411S wrote:In your 1.1.5 changelog there is a bullet that says...
It looks like this functionality could be the reason for desync mentioned above?
It would lead to different state of player blueprints based on their admin flag. And Rsending mentioned in that thread that blueprint books differ between server and client.
Which is why I asked the question. ;)

sebgggg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Suggestion

Post by sebgggg »

Hi!

Could you automatically load a file at the beginning and users would make a symlink/hardlink to the export file?
This would allow to automatically load blueprints at start instead of copy/pasting.

Thanks!

Return to “Mods”