[MOD 0.15|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 2.0.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.1.21

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 0.1.22
  • fixed importing a Blueprint String into Foreman 157608)
  • added option to fix positions when importing a Blueprint String (157685)
When importing there's a checkbox to try and fix positions. This only applies for strings created by Blueprint String, the ones from Foreman are unaffected by the checkbox.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to Foreman 0.1.22
  • fixed importing a Blueprint String into Foreman 157608)
  • added option to fix positions when importing a Blueprint String (157685)
You are amazing!

Don_Camillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Don_Camillo »

thank you very much. helped me a lot!

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stragemque »

Not sure if this has been asked, I searched but could not find anything.

Does foreman work in multiplayer with others that don't have the mod installed?
zinovic

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Stragemque wrote:Does foreman work in multiplayer with others that don't have the mod installed?
No mod works if not every player has it. If you're running a server, there are ways to do it (by including the mod into the save, which may be tricky, haven't tried it)

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Hey, foreman 0.0.9 had this fantastic bug that if you had a concrete-only blueprint in-hand, and then overwrote it with a foreman blueprint, it would leave the concrete intact and superimpose the loaded blueprint onto it. It became glitchy after the whole 0.12.3x debacle, but before then it was effectively this incredible feature that no other mod had to my knowledge, because it provided a way to construct those dual-type blueprints without racing your construction bots or trekking out into the boonies and stripping off to avoid them.

I see you now properly support mixed-mode blueprints (by which I mean, blueprints including both floor-tiles and other stuff) in the new version, which is fantastic. But, is there any chance you could provide some means to recreate the magic of programmatically composing tile-blueprints with non-tile blueprints? Ever since the great blueprint debacle (I'm amazed that you've managed to effectively clean up the mess it left behind in your mod, btw), I've really missed that ability.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Find an area with no roboports.
Place a tile blueprint.
Place a non-tile blueprint on top of it.
Create a blueprint of the ghost buildings.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

DaveMcW wrote:Find an area with no roboports.
Place a tile blueprint.
Place a non-tile blueprint on top of it.
Create a blueprint of the ghost buildings.
ACK, I am aware of this recipe. But as
I wrote:[pre-0.12.31-blueprint-debacle Foreman 0.0.9] provided a way to construct those dual-type blueprints without racing your construction bots or trekking out into the boonies and stripping off [your personal roboport] to avoid them,
, which was quite handy.

Stragemque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stragemque »

Choumiko wrote: No mod works if not every player has it. ...
Thanks

Another question; how do I import blueprints between save files? I have exported them but I can find the button to import them.
zinovic

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

The "How to use" spoiler there: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6516#p50822 should have the answer ;)

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

It is possible to move more than 1 blueprint at the time from save to save i have created some blueprints in my test world now i want to move them but load function is not working or i don't understand how to use it

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Thank you for this.
I wasn't able to figure out how to import blueprints from multiple worlds into one game.

This helped:
If you have a blueprint file you want to import, open it in notepad, copy the text, paste it into the text field and click import.
JamesOFarrell wrote:Updated for 0.12. All thanks go to Choumiko.

Foreman is a mod for managing blueprints in game. You can manage a list of blueprints in your save game, export them to text and import blueprints others have shared. Multiplayer support has been removed as it was too buggy.
If you are updating to 0.11.3 you might see "Unknown key..." on the buttons (like so). If this happens please unzip the mod and use the folder instead. I am not sure what is causing this issue as it does not happen for me.

Features
  • Save blueprints from toolbar (+ button)
    Load blueprints to toolbar (l button)
    Export blueprints to file (e button)
    Import blueprint from text (+ button)
    Import Blueprint Strings (Thanks Dave!)
Foreman_0.0.4.zip
Foreman Bugs
  • Button labels are crap, probably need some sprites
    Main button can take a bit of time to display first time
Known bugs with blueprints API. These issues are issues with factorio that hopefully will be resolved soon.
  • Rail signals on curved track
    belt-to-ground do not connect properly
If your blueprint contains these items it will not work with Foreman. If you find any more please let me know ASAP and I'll report them. The error should be printed to your console when it happens.
How to Use
Blueprint format discussion
Feel free to post blueprint files here or anywhere else. Here is a test one for people to import. This is 2 blueprints, one is a accmulator level detector and the other is a coal power station that will fire-up when your batteries get low, this is based on the wiki design. Place them both, connect them with a red wire and load up the chest with 26-27 logs.
PowerFailover.zip
Foreman license: MIT

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

I wanted to be able to use scripts that generate blueprints (specifically, to generate ROMs for a combinator-computer build), so I added a checkbox to skip most/all of the 'sanitizing' of imported scripts, and allow execution of arbitrary lua scripts. This option does not apply to compressed blueprints, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Here's the diff, and I also sent Chuomiko a pull request for it, if it's something others want as well.

You'll get an error on the console (and no blueprint) if you try to run a malformed script, and I haven't done much testing of what happens if the script tries to interact with the world, or does not actually return a blueprint, but it definitely works for generating ROMs!

Rod Bender
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rod Bender »

Can blueprints be mirrored or just rotated?

silverkitty23
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by silverkitty23 »

don't even need this mod to rotate them - blueprints can be rotated by default (just hit R while holding it, before you place it)

there's a separate mod for mirroring blueprints: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23106

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 0.1.24
  • fix wrong icon order after importing from string
  • added console command to fix blueprints: /c remote.call("foreman", "fixBlueprints")
  • allow loading pasted text to be a script: Must generate/return a valid Blueprint table
  • preparations for 0.13
This version is probably not going to work with 0.13, but it should at least allow you to load the save, so that you don't have to remove it and loose your saved blueprints. There will be another update tomorrow once 0.13 hits :D

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.1.24

Sent a pullreq with an info.json update for 0.13. Blueprint loading/saving works just fine, but blueprints aren't compatible across factorio versions.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Choumiko wrote:Updated to Foreman 0.1.24

This version is probably not going to work with 0.13, but it should at least allow you to load the save, so that you don't have to remove it and loose your saved blueprints. There will be another update tomorrow once 0.13 hits :D
So what can I do if I played without foreman with the last 3 versions of Factorio ? should I go back to 0.12 save (can be done because not much has changed) ? if I do - can I export those BPs and load them into the new 0.13 version ?

the folder is still there since I duplicate the game folder (/games/factorio_12 is copied to /games/factorio_13 for ex.) so if new foreman version would "see" the BPs and just migrate them it will be the best option :geek:
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

jockeril wrote:
Choumiko wrote:Updated to Foreman 0.1.24

So what can I do if I played without foreman with the last 3 versions of Factorio ? should I go back to 0.12 save (can be done because not much has changed) ? if I do - can I export those BPs and load them into the new 0.13 version ?

the folder is still there since I duplicate the game folder (/games/factorio_12 is copied to /games/factorio_13 for ex.) so if new foreman version would "see" the BPs and just migrate them it will be the best option :geek:
Stored blueprints probably (a few don't - a sheet of solar panels complains about icons, but otherwise works) need migration to work (circuit networks, blueprint icons, entity names, inserter changes, possibly more). The only way I know of to do this right now is to load a bunch of blueprint items (actual blue squares, not just the Foreman list - that doesn't get game migrations applied) in 0.12, save, load that save in 0.13 and export the blueprints for use in 0.13 (or just use them).

I know icon and circuit network migrations would be relatively straightforward (though, some of the current loading procedure can mangle circuits in some cases anyway), but I'm not sure if it's possible to get the game to do entity/recipe(in assembly machines)/whatever else migrations automatically.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12|0.13] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.1.25

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 0.1.25
  • updated for Factorio 0.13
  • changed storing/exporting/importing to blueprint string format (importing from old formats still works)
  • changed export location to blueprint-string folder (in different folders per user)
  • removed mass import/export for now (will be back soon)
  • fix positions of pre 0.12.32 blueprints by clicking the f button with blueprint in hand
  • added ability to save blueprint by clicking the + button with a blueprint in hand
If anyone has done massexport and really needs them i guess for now it's best to use a 0.12 version of Factorio, import them there and export them one by one.

Circuit migration should work fairly well, since i took the easy route and switched to using the blueprint-string library (thanks Dave!)

Return to “Mods”