[MOD 0.15|0.14] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 2.0.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.8

Post by waduk »

I have 78 blueprints, and i'm sure there are players that store even more than that. Welcome to foreman world !
I even store a couple of factory complex as blue print to move base easily.

Anyway, couple of tips using foreman.
Foreman can sort alphabetically on import, but let's say you want to re-arrange the blueprint by renaming them.
But after you renaming them, the order was still the same, all you have to do is forced Foreman to re-arranged with mass load/import.
  • Do mass export, it will give you the file defaultBook.lua (located in %AppData%\Roaming\Factorio\script-output\blueprints)
    Replace the defaultBook.lua inside Foreman zip.
    Do mass load, then you will have the blueprint you renamed earlier being auto sort alphabetically.
Disclaimer though, Before you do mass import/load, save game first as precaution, because this will overwrite any blueprint you already have in Foreman.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Got it sorted... my pc was not recognizing the copy paste function of the Ctrl c and v.. works perfectly now...

Thanks
Last edited by Anomoly2012 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Anomoly2012 wrote:ok so i cant get my prints to load up..

I exported each 1 and its in the folder... i then exited out of Factorio and moved the default book lua.. into the factorio/mods/foreman and replaced the default book lua in there... but theres still nothing...

i have a bunch of blueprints in the folder that the default book lua is in... am i just not getting it? i have tried each tip several times.. still wont load up any of my blueprints to a new save...

thanks
No, you use it wrongly (i also made the same mistake like you did in the past)

If you want to save ALL blueprint at once, you use the E button on the very top of the GUI. Not the E button on the side of each blueprint.
You didn't have to save individual blueprint.
After that, you already correct (adding/replacing defaultBook.lua from folder to the zip files), you just mistakenly make a wrong export.

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.9

Post by gheift »

Foreman 0.0.9 crashes factorio 0.12.12:

Code: Select all

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ScriptException'
terminate called recursively
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
#0  0x7f4c344d0180 in ?? at ??:0
#1  0x7f4c344d0107 in ?? at ??:0
#2  0x7f4c344d14e8 in ?? at ??:0
#3  0xd448dd in __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler() at ??:?
  10.921 Error Util.cpp:61: Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
If you do NOT load the deflatelua, then it works. Will investigate.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

gheift wrote:Foreman 0.0.9 crashes factorio 0.12.12:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ScriptException'
terminate called recursively
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
#0  0x7f4c344d0180 in ?? at ??:0
#1  0x7f4c344d0107 in ?? at ??:0
#2  0x7f4c344d14e8 in ?? at ??:0
#3  0xd448dd in __gnu_cxx::__verbose_terminate_handler() at ??:?
  10.921 Error Util.cpp:61: Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
If you do NOT load the deflatelua, then it works. Will investigate.
No problem on my end, using 0.12.12 and Foreman 0.0.9. Can load defaultbook.lua perfectly from both existing game and new game.

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

For me I reduced this crash to a change of behavior of pcall: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17208

It can be fixed by replacing the lines

local bit, name_ = requireany('bit', 'bit32', 'bit.numberlua', nil)
with

local bit = require 'bit32'
in the files lmod/deflatelua.lua and lmod/digest/crc32lua.lua.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Made a prerelease with changes from October 2015 i haven't released yet (for whatever reason..):

https://github.com/Choumiko/Foreman/releases/tag/v0.1.1
  • Blueprints are stored per force and shared between players of the same force
I'd advise backing up your save and/or exporting your stored blueprints via Foreman before upgrading

If you're using 0.0.9 in singleplayer without errors there's really no need to update, same for multiplayer without errors :D

maurojunior2011
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.0.9|0.1.1

Post by maurojunior2011 »

Personally, I have the version 0.0.9 of this amazing MOD and to share with you in this guide this a file (defaultBook.lua) for download with 60 blueprints ... I hope they are useful;)

Pessoal, possuo a versão 0.0.9 deste incrível MOD e para compartilhar com vocês, neste guia esta um arquivo (defaultBook.lua) para download com 60 blueprints... Espero que lhes sejam úteis ;)

-> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =656937084

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i'm a bit disappointed about the big caption 'Foreman' of the button because besides the Train+ from Fat and Research Queue the screen gets cluttered with text-buttons.

My quick-fix is the appended zip with a blueprint icon from base-mod instead of the 'Foreman' -caption.
Also the blueprints from the post before mine are included, could be exchanged with yours in the usually way.
Nothing else changed.

The save must be started once with disabled mod, saved and loaded again with enabled mod to update the button.
This is because the code works this way.

Greetings steinio

Update 2016-04-15:
New mod has risen on the horizon:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=23680&p=148946#p148695

This changes this and a lot of other mod buttons to space saving buttons.
Attachments
Ingame graphic
Ingame graphic
Foreman.png (7.48 KiB) Viewed 8158 times
Foreman_0.0.9.zip
(184.94 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ribsngibs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ribsngibs »

I've come to rely pretty heavily on Foreman, not just to go from game to game but also within the same game - it means I can blueprint every minor variation of a design - yellow belt version, red belt, blue belt versions, two/four train car unloader to the left/right, rail intersections and curves, etc., etc.. 4 belt rebalancers, 8 belt rebalancers, etc., etc.. It's so useful - I love it!

I was wondering, how hard would it be to add folders/subfolders to Foreman? So I can have a massive list of red belt-related stuff in a big red-belt folder inside a belts folder, a bunch of rail stuff in a folder, etc..

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

how can i make a blueprint from the imported ones?
I have a blueprint in my toolbelt, but its empty ocassionaly.

Which button must i press to 'program' the blueprint?

----

This mod conflicts with that in name: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=5576&hilit=foreman
Don't know who was first.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Maragrath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Maragrath »

Hello!

Please forgive my stupidity but I also must be missing the option to covert to blueprints. I've imported a string and saved it inside of Foreman its now listed in for Foreman drop down. However I'm at a loss how to export/copy them for use in the game I've imported them into. Do I have to copy a file to a new location or something else?

Thanks in advance

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Place an empty blueprint to your toolbelt and click on "l" to the left of the blueprint name on the list.

You can even use an used blueprint but you will need one Electronic circuit in your inventory so the mod can clear it.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.1.2

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 0.1.2
  • requires Factorio 0.12.32
  • fix Blueprints for Factorio 0.12.32
When updating it will fix all blueprints currently available in your savegame (and write the names into factorio-current.log)
Importing blueprints from a file/book should also convert if necessary

When updating it will save all blueprints in the old format in script-ouput/blueprints/preConversion/ and the new format in script-ouput/blueprints/postConversion/
steinio wrote:This mod conflicts with that in name: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=5576&hilit=foreman
Don't know who was first.
Yeah, i'm aware. But since "the other" Foreman isn't a mod but a tool (and does something completely different) i'm not really worried
ribsngibs wrote:I was wondering, how hard would it be to add folders/subfolders to Foreman? So I can have a massive list of red belt-related stuff in a big red-belt folder inside a belts folder, a bunch of rail stuff in a folder, etc..
Interesting idea. How about the ability to add (multiple) tags to a blueprint and have an option to filter by them? (I have something similar for The Fat Controller, so it should be fairly simple) Factorio 0.13 will have blueprint books in vanilla, so for bigger changes i'm gonna wait and see how they can be (ab)used :D

Hellrespawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hellrespawn »

Foreman 0.1.2 doesn't properly save my 3-way intersection blueprint. I start out like this:

Here everything is fine, I can rotate it freely, the Blueprint flipper mod works.

Then I save it into Foreman, clear a blueprint and load it, to get this:

The same thing happens with a number of other rail-related blueprints.

This is on Factorio 12.33.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to Foreman 0.1.21
  • fix shifting entities when a 0.12.32+ blueprint was imported
Hellrespawn wrote:The same thing happens with a number of other rail-related blueprints.
Thanks for the report, i forgot to add a version when a new blueprint was added from the toolbar to Foreman :roll:
In fact it was for every blueprint, the ones without rails would just move to the top left corner from your cursor, leading to an off centered blueprint

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Choumiko wrote:
ribsngibs wrote:I was wondering, how hard would it be to add folders/subfolders to Foreman? So I can have a massive list of red belt-related stuff in a big red-belt folder inside a belts folder, a bunch of rail stuff in a folder, etc..
Interesting idea. How about the ability to add (multiple) tags to a blueprint and have an option to filter by them? (I have something similar for The Fat Controller, so it should be fairly simple) Factorio 0.13 will have blueprint books in vanilla, so for bigger changes i'm gonna wait and see how they can be (ab)used :D
Setting Tags would be awesome.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.1.21

Post by credomane »

With Foreman 1.21 and Factorio 0.12.33 I get a lot of errors when loading blueprints to a blank blueprint imported into Foreman from a string from other people. Take this one on reddit for example. https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... gn/d2wj310

I paste that string into foreman and it reads it successfully. Attempting to load the blueprint from foreman to a blank blueprint results in this.

Blueprint failed to load
__Foreman__/control.lua:796: Expected field entity_number in entity set.

Lutz_Scheiter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Foreman - Blueprint Manager 0.1.21

Post by Lutz_Scheiter »

credomane wrote:__Foreman__/control.lua:796: Expected field entity_number in entity set.
Same here.. Using Foreman first time, becauce i got strange results with BlueprintStringMod..

http://factorioblueprints.com/view/2WTswjqywk8628Sfg

Return to “Mods”