Re: [MOD 0.14.5] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by pieppiep »

Is there a 0.15 version planned?

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TempiDrachen »

After eight months I finally have some time to work on personal projects again. Okay, it was seven months but I spent one month actually having free time again. The next version won't have any mod support because so much has changed in Factorio mod-wise. A lot has changed in vanilla Factorio as well so don't expect a release tomorrow. I had to completely remake the fluid boxes on the DMR mod's replicators and then I got distracted by the in-game mod options menus so I looked up how those work and added one of those as well.

By the way, those checkboxes in the screenshot below? They don't even do anything yet. The number boxes are fully implemented, though.
Attachments
Mod Settings.png
Mod Settings.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 7758 times
New Fluid Boxes.png
New Fluid Boxes.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 7758 times

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Is the code in something like github so I can help you beta test it?

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.13] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by pieppiep »

Thank you for the first 0.15 version.

One thing I noticed is replicating uranium ore takes 46.6 seconds, while mining takes 3.8 seconds.
Replicating iron/copper ore takes 2.5 seconds, while mining takes 1.9 seconds.
Is replicating uranium ore on purpose that expensive?

Another thing is fluids, they're all multiplied by 10 in the base game.
So advanced oil processing now takes in 100 crude oil.
Replicating gives 25 in 50.5 seconds, so you need many replicators to just feed one oil refinary.

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.13] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by TempiDrachen »

The cost of replicating an ore is based more on its rarity than the time it takes to extract it. The increased cost of uranium ore is mostly due to uranium ore being far more rare and found in far smaller patches than other types of ore. Plus it requires sulfuric acid.

As for the oil, that is a mistake. Or rather, it is balanced for an earlier version of Factorio but now the recipes for oil-based products require ten times the amount of fluid, oil fields are now around ten times their original size and pumpjacks don't use nearly as much power. The time of oil should be 0.2 per unit of oil instead of 2 per unit of oil. This isn't worth releasing an update for but you can change the value of "local oil" in prototypes/replication/replication.lua.

EDIT: I guess it was worth an update after all. I was going to wait until I had finished the automatic recipe-to-replication system and do one big release but personal stuff is preventing me from working on it as much as I would like.

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.21] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by TempiDrachen »

Well, mod items are back in.

I've been working on a cost-from-recipe system as well as adding support for mod items back in. The new system is essentially done. The support for other mods isn't at the point when I would want to release it yet but I'm about to go travelling and won't be able to work on this mod again for some time, so I'm releasing what I've done so far now.

DTSX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DTSX »

Hi Tempi. I ran into an issue:

__dark-matter-replicators__/data-updates.lua6:...ators__/prototypes/repitable/process-actual-creation.lua:23: attempt to index local 'raw_data_item' (a nil value)

tsunami
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tsunami »

TempiDrachen wrote:Well, mod items are back in.

I've been working on a cost-from-recipe system as well as adding support for mod items back in. The new system is essentially done. The support for other mods isn't at the point when I would want to release it yet but I'm about to go travelling and won't be able to work on this mod again for some time, so I'm releasing what I've done so far now.
Been looking over everything you had set up as well trying to figure out how you had the time crunch set up for each replication. Your post before the one I quoted you said you came up with a number for the raw ore based on rarity but that doesn't really standardize the recipes based on the true value of the time it takes to make each item. But how would you really go about standardizing the time required to mine? Which piece of equipment is used to decide that number?

I'm guessing you are using a standard crafting speed of 1 to determine how much time it actually takes in your calculation? Is the same true for mod recipes and their ores?

Edit: I feel I should clarify: I ask these things more out of curiosity. I have loved this mod ever since Replicators and I haven't really played with it since 0.12 I think. I never delved into HOW it worked. Recently got into creating my own mods on other games and how they worked so starting digging into how my favorite mods on here worked. Absolutely mean these questions with the most respect and admiration.

Duros1394
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Duros1394 »

DTSX wrote:Hi Tempi. I ran into an issue:

__dark-matter-replicators__/data-updates.lua6:...ators__/prototypes/repitable/process-actual-creation.lua:23: attempt to index local 'raw_data_item' (a nil value)
getting same error

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.27] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by TempiDrachen »

Bio Industries compatibility is working now. The problem was that an update to Bio Industries changed the internal name of one of its items but this mod still looked for the original name. This mod now looks for the changed name and it will also no longer crash if it can't find an item that it wants to replicate. Instead it just skips that replication and as such won't start crashing if any of its compatible mods do this again.

Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.29] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Aubog007 »

there's an issue with angel's mods overwriting some techs from bob's mods.

Mainly the air compressors-1 technology. results in a chunk of the replicator tech tree not being able to be researched.

EDIT: I can bypass this by using lua commands to research the invisible air compressors tech, but it causes other invisible obsolete techs to show up.

I would use lua commands to research YOUR tech, but i cannot for the life of me figure out what the lua name for your technologies are.

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TempiDrachen »

The tech you are trying to research is a replication technology which allows for the replication of "liquid-air", meaning that the name of the technology itself should be "repl-liquid-air" (there are some technologies which are special cases, but I don't think this is one of them). As for allowing the technology to work, Angel's mods hides the air compressor technology (and in fact does more or less everything) after the replication stuff has all been made. When I eventually someday get around to actually adding in Angel's mod compatibility I'll probably manually set the prerequisites of liquid air (as well as many other prerequisites and costs) in order to be consistent with the Angel recipes.

roboliutas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by roboliutas »

Is it possible to add my own recipies (mostly want the basic ores from darkstar utilities to be replicable)?

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by greaman »

Any channce DMR will be available for 0.16.x before Christmas ;) ?

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.5] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by TempiDrachen »

Why yes, it would certainly seem like that's the case.

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.5] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by greaman »

TempiDrachen wrote:Why yes, it would certainly seem like that's the case.
Awesome ;)

Thank you!

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.15] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Nukeist »

Hello. Love the mod. If anyone is having an issue between research queue and this for 0.15 just change the icon sizes to 64x64 in dark-matter-replicators\graphics\icons

You'll need to extract the mod, edit the images with something like Gimp/Photoshop to 64x64 and export/replace the original images, then re-zip the file and remove the unzipped file from the mods folder. If anyone else has this issue, or the auther wants it, I'd be happy to upload a fixed zip file.

greaman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.50] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by greaman »

The Mods breaks my game in the experimental branch. It works in the early 17.40ies and past that causes an error whilst loading the game.

Return to “Mods”