[0.16.50] Dark Matter Replicators

Topics and discussion about specific mods
xeneonic
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by xeneonic »

Hey, I'm hoping we could replicate anything for bob's mods. A lot of different bob's mods modules are integrated here (And I'm loving it!), but I was hoping we could get the other items as well. Such as Small Solar panels, MK version of turrets, higher tier batteries and the "blue" chipsets.

Looking forward to the next update!

RiftandRend
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RiftandRend »

Thanks elementalist!

fljsdbd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fljsdbd »

Hi there is no such orb called as tenemut in 0.12.33. Can you fix it? thx a lot :D

SoulForge
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SoulForge »

fljsdbd wrote:Hi there is no such orb called as tenemut in 0.12.33. Can you fix it? thx a lot :D
No such ore? You need to generate a new map or go out far enough for it to spawn if you load an existing map.

Seldion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seldion »

Hello, I'd like to start by saying I love the mod, I use it as a back up or stop gap between setting up outposts, sense I basically play on the highest setting biters, Either way I have a question tho.

Me and my friends are playing together and we have a small server up and running but it seems that everyone is just using the replicators instead of going out and getting the resources, I have searched high and low for a solution but I can not find one, What I simply want to do is disable the research of the basic ores and items, I have other mods installed that add items that need new types of ores but by adding the ore's mod, it adds way to much complexty to the game, So I want to keep that ore types replicatable.

I enjoy the depth that the other mods add to the game, just not the 4-10 extra steps needed to gain most of the basic stuff.

Either way, any help on this would be great

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D please updtae in 13.0

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

Kudos.

Can confirm, it's not working anymore in 0.13 and, presumably among many others, I'd really appreciate an update to that.

Seldion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seldion »

Not working in 13.xx? I've been playing it and it has been working for me and I am on 13.xx so I don't know what to tell you.

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

Well, the game starts without any issue, but I'm not seeing anything Dark Matter related in any sort of inventory and there's no mention of tenemut ore in the creation menu as well. Toggling on/off does seem to do a thing, neither does re-installing the mod (as of version 0.5.7)

meep249
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by meep249 »

The reason it's not showing up in game for you is probably because factorio 13.xx will not load any mod that does not say it's for factorio version 13 or above.

Replicators does work in 13.xx, but you need to change a couple of things. First, in the info.json file, you need to add the line (between the *, as you will need the ") *"factorio_version": "0.13",* just under the version number (0.5.7 in this case)

Secondly, in prototypes/expansion-bay.lua, it refrences a few beacon antenna graphics from the base game. However, the file and folder names have changed from basic-beacon to just beacon

So, in that lua file, just remove *basic-* from any line that has _base_ as the start (should be 5 of them, 2 in 2 lines, and then just one in the final)

after that, you should be able to play with it, and I can confirm that this puts in replicator research for that latest yokai, so should work with the updated mods (no promises though, havn't tested all of them)

hope that helps

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

meep249 wrote:The reason it's not showing up in game for you is probably because factorio 13.xx will not load any mod that does not say it's for factorio version 13 or above.

Replicators does work in 13.xx, but you need to change a couple of things. First, in the info.json file, you need to add the line (between the *, as you will need the ") *"factorio_version": "0.13",* just under the version number (0.5.7 in this case)

Secondly, in prototypes/expansion-bay.lua, it refrences a few beacon antenna graphics from the base game. However, the file and folder names have changed from basic-beacon to just beacon

So, in that lua file, just remove *basic-* from any line that has _base_ as the start (should be 5 of them, 2 in 2 lines, and then just one in the final)

after that, you should be able to play with it, and I can confirm that this puts in replicator research for that latest yokai, so should work with the updated mods (no promises though, havn't tested all of them)

hope that helps
It does, a lot actually. It's not quite enough, though. After recreating what you've suggested, I'm now receiving the following error message: Image

I tried to figure it out myself, but I'm not just into that honestly. Do you have any suggestions for that as well?

TempiDrachen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.4] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by TempiDrachen »

This new update is something of a hotfix. It works with an otherwise vanilla Factorio but I make no guarantees as to how well its inter-mod support will work.

Seldion, you can disable specific item replications by going to technology/replication.lua, opening the file with a text editor and then just deleting individual replications from later in the file. Alternately, you can make replicators wore relative to mining drills by going into prototypes/replicators.lua and increasing the power cost or reducing the speed. Either way, make sure the people playing on your server have had this mod changed in the same way.

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

TempiDrachen wrote:This new update is something of a hotfix. It works with an otherwise vanilla Factorio but I make no guarantees as to how well its inter-mod support will work.
That's great, so thank you very much. Oddly enough, I'm still experiencing this very error I posted earlier, even if it's just the DMR mod installed and nothing else. I might add that I'm using the OS X version right now, maybe its linked to the matter?

Jiryx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jiryx »

I have no clue, if somebody is working on this great mod. So i added few recipes on my own. :-)

Some of them unlock more items. I am still in 0.12. so I am afriad, that official updates wont work for me.

Sometimes modifying mods makes more fun than playing them. ;-)

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

So, uhh.. the description of these techs may be too long for Factorio 0.13? All of the dark matter techs with small or no descriptions show up relatively properly, but all of the long described ones leave barely any room for the actual tech tree. I don't know if that would be a problem with Factorio or your mod, but uhh... just throwing it out there. Only slightly annoying.
Attachments
long.png
long.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 7613 times

BDA81
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BDA81 »

It is a great mod, i really like it, but in my new game it aktivate it too late so i had travel a while for finding tenemute.

Is it possible to integrate other resources from other mods, "Uranium Power" has two resources i really need.

Private answer especially in german would be nice.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Waiting for 0.14 update
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.5] Dark Matter Replicators

Post by Zentriffic »

Drachen - I use some mods that you don't seem to support. For example, I'm trying to figure out how to add "plasma-clip" "plasma-shotgun-shell", and more. Well, after the most recent addition to my mods and due to what's coming in 15, there is a definite need to add production, high tech, military, and #5 science packs. This is based on the mod Research Revolution by peppe
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Peppe/ResearchRevolution

If nothing else, it would help to have you simply PM me with info on where and how to make the changes to match my needs. Some is fairly straight forward, but some is a bit convoluted for me.

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zentriffic »

High Tech Science Pack Wrong Color

It's supposed to be that kind of orange color, but you have it showing as production science purple, when "Research Revolution" is installed. Also, any plans to add "Production Science" and Military Science" packs? Both are very likely to be in the coming release of 0.15.

Zentriffic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zentriffic »

One more issue (multiple really) is that the science packs are set up in the wrong tiers. Science Pack 3 can't be made until you have Replicator 5, but the High Tech Science Packs can be made in Replicator 3s. Could you please look into these issues.

Again, this is with Research Revolution mod installed.

Thanks!

Return to “Mods”