[MOD 0.12.12+] Pocket Bots Start v1.0.4

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] Pocket Bots Start v1.0.4

Post by Peter34 »

space_jockey wrote:I'm on 12.26 and when I gen a world I get this error:

__Pocket-Bots-Start__/control.lua:8: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

Was there an API change from then to now that breaks your mod? I'm using the archive provided from your last post.
I don't think Vampiric is playing Factorio currently, so he might not see your post, but as far as I know, this mod simply gives specific items to the player character entitys inventory upon gamestart, so it should be an almost trivial task for an experienced modder to update this to alpha 0.12.29.

Sadly, I am not an experienced modder, so you're reliant on someone else helping you out.

(Note also that you can give stuff to yourself using console commands, but of course when you want a vampiric buttload of stuff, that's non-trivial, and some of the stuff you may want to give to yourself hasn't got intuitive names. There's also the risk of temptation, that once you start using console commands, you'll console your way to victory without actually playing the game in any true sense of the word.)

tleviathan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tleviathan »

space_jockey wrote:I'm on 12.26 and when I gen a world I get this error:

__Pocket-Bots-Start__/control.lua:8: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

Was there an API change from then to now that breaks your mod? I'm using the archive provided from your last post.

Just change "game" to "script" at line 8

Code: Select all

script.on_event( defines.events.on_player_created, function( event )

Sunblood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sunblood »

Getting this error now when generating a new world in 12.29

__Pocket-Bots-Start__/control.lua:60: Error while running the event handler: __research-queue__/functions/draw_grid.lua:28: No such node (state)
Line 60 in control.lua is

player.force.technologies["bot-plan"].researched = true
Any ideas how to fix this?

gaza9422
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gaza9422 »

im sorry if this has been asked already but im new to modding and cannot find the config file for this mod to change it to fast start as describled in the long description tab. thanks

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

gaza9422 wrote:im sorry if this has been asked already but im new to modding and cannot find the config file for this mod to change it to fast start as describled in the long description tab. thanks
Extract the downloaded file with 7zip or WinRAR. Open the folder and then "control.lua" with notepad++ (or notepad if you don't have that and if you don't, you should get it). Line 4 defines the fast start boolean.

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

Sunblood wrote:Getting this error now when generating a new world in 12.29

__Pocket-Bots-Start__/control.lua:60: Error while running the event handler: __research-queue__/functions/draw_grid.lua:28: No such node (state)
Line 60 in control.lua is

player.force.technologies["bot-plan"].researched = true
Any ideas how to fix this?
I'm not sure if this is the fault of Pocket Bots or Research Queue, but you can fix this issue by just deleting or commenting out line 60 and the force technology for loop after it. Something is going wrong with the granting of the tech at the beginning of the game and research queue. This will result in the Pocket Bot Planning research not being completed and you don't get the tech side of the fast start, but you can easily rectify this using the console grant technology command:

/c game.local_player.force.technologies["technology-name"].researched = true

and replacing "technology-name" with "automation", "bot-plan", "logistics", and "military" each in turn. The mods will work nicely together after that

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

The issue mentioned should be fixed with research queue v1.2.5. I think.

The issue was that this mod completes research before RQ is initialised, causing some funky behaviour.

weskeriscool
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by weskeriscool »

Hello could somebody help me im trying to play this mod and i get

everytime I load or start a new game

sorry Im a noob Idk what file I need to look at

Return to “Mods”