Homeworld 0.5.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Dynar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Homeworld 0.5.2

Post by Dynar »

A friend and i are playing your mod in our modpack.... since we reached Tier 2 of your mod, we have every ~20 seconds an desync.... the problem comes definitely from your mod..... i tried without your mod and there was no desync...

Here are the mod pack and the desync report:
Attachments
mod.zip
(18.71 MiB) Downloaded 267 times

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

This looks really good.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Is it possible to add this mod to an existing game? Looking for more stuff to do (100 hours and 300+ rockets launched :lol: )
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Boogieman14 wrote:Is it possible to add this mod to an existing game? Looking for more stuff to do (100 hours and 300+ rockets launched :lol: )
I haven't tried that. Home world is designed to played from a new game, but it might work. Also I'm away from home atm so can't fix any bugs :(

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I just gave it a try, but I can't seem to find the portal anywhere. Of course, I don't recall what exactly my starting position was, it's possible there simply wasn't any room to place it...

*edit* spawned the portal in manually, and so far it appears to be working! (challenge level is probably not quite as intended though, considering i'm already using logistics bots to ship the fish in :lol: )
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Still playing, I'll add some observations as I progress. Some of these might be due to loading the mod into an existing game, some likely interactions with other mods and others probably more matters of opinion. Use this feedback as you see fit ;)

- Fish balance seems a bit weird, Wih a "normal" number of fisheries (in the 20ish range), I didn't seem to have enough to even feed half the tier 1 population. Me being me, I ended up scaling up to a massive number of fisheries (think 300+ :lol:) and now there's 300k on the homeworld. Biggest problem might be there's no real indication of what population and yield will be like and how this is influenced. Guestimating placement based on fish swimming around helped a bit, but I found it a bit too finnicky. As a suggestion, perhaps what could work is to add a processing step for fish to 'protein'. Then, as an unlockable research, also have a recipe to process 'biter parts' (obviously, dropped from killing biters) into this 'protein'. Then use this protein as a need for homeworld and in further recipes.
- I seem to be missing some recipes (and possibly technologies): water barrelling, wine barrelling, building materials are some I've noticed (based on setting requester filters). probably due to loading into an existing game - Some I'll probably be able to unlock manually as I go along for now
- the sand icon moving on a horizontal belt is slightly offset, making it clip through the side of a belt-to-ground and generally looking a bit funky
- Perhaps it would help if all homeworld related items and recipes were in a category of their own, instead of spread over some of the existing ones (although I can appreciate the idea of putting things in production and intermediate products as well, homeworld stuff is so different from regular factorio stuff, I think it warrants a separate tab)

Nudibranch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nudibranch »

I love this concept...changing the end game by supporting your homeworld with resources/goods. Personally I would prefer to see the support in more industrial ways vs agricultural and food (such as Ammo, weapons, defense, refined resources, bots, tanks, other, etc), but this is great.

Thanks for this! Looking forward to trying it out.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug

who is stone??

(((((
Attachments
2015-10-05_22-43-06.jpg
2015-10-05_22-43-06.jpg (189.29 KiB) Viewed 7961 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bug 2

not oil
Attachments
2015-10-06_0-52-35.jpg
2015-10-06_0-52-35.jpg (320.79 KiB) Viewed 7952 times

suprnova74
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by suprnova74 »

i'm pretty sure certain resources are found only in certain biomes. i'm not sure where stone/oil generate.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

suprnova74 wrote:i'm pretty sure certain resources are found only in certain biomes. i'm not sure where stone/oil generate.
Oil would spawn in locations where a swamp have been :)
So oddly enough they are found in large quantities in the ocen bed and in the desert :)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Backpflaume51
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Backpflaume51 »

Hello can someone help me with this error ? i love this game and wont play without it ^^

if something needed please let me know it and how i can get it
Attachments
factorio fehler.png
factorio fehler.png (778.35 KiB) Viewed 8682 times

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Backpflaume51 wrote:Hello can someone help me with this error ? i love this game and wont play without it ^^

if something needed please let me know it and how i can get it
'm sorry to say that it is due to the fact that this mod is not compatible with 0.12.11 :(
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Backpflaume51
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Backpflaume51 »

but this happend as i play yesterday evening.

i played 5 hours without problems leave the game eat something and load it after my meal and keep playing than the game crashed and i updatet to 0.12.09 befor i played with 0.12.09 and this happend

Backpflaume51
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Backpflaume51 »

now this happend after i reinstal 12.09

edit: have fixed the problem dont know how but can play :) think a change in the control lua was the problem
Attachments
grrrrr.png
grrrrr.png (774.57 KiB) Viewed 8679 times

devaking
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by devaking »

wow nice mod.

Haven't tested it yet but i really want to. the thing is, will it work with the current build (0.12.16)? my guess is not.

so the next question would be, when do you think you may have time to work on your projet?

i dont know if you need help with anything, i did some development testing for ubisoft when i was younger and also know my way around 3d modeling.

well if you dont need any, ill just hope you can push it to a newer version .

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

I played with this mod for a while. Really really cool idea, the effort is absolutely outstanding!

too bad it was discontinued...

Dynar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dynar »

Hi folks....

I love this mod and was shocked it was discontinued....

I'm a hobby scripter and did my best to make this mod compatible to the newest Factorio-Version (0.12.20).

The mod loads up just fine and you can start a game....

I don't know, if it will work in MP, 'cause i hadn't time to test it.

Either way, the mod is attached to the post.... have fun and post here, if you found an error....

I'll do my best to fix it...

PS: Sry for my bad english, i'm a german

So long, Dynar
Attachments
homeworld_0.5.2.zip
(Probably) Fixed Version for 0.12.20
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 279 times

luffe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by luffe »

Someone said this mod is discontinued, is this true? I can't find the author saying such.

Dynar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dynar »

Today i got some time for testing and found a bug.

You can't load a game, if Homeworld is activated.

FFS i can't find a solution for this.... if anyone has an idea for this problem, pls help me.....

Offending Code

Return to “Mods”