Homeworld 0.5.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Homeworld 0.4.2

Post by ljdp »

Version 0.4.2 release - various bug fixes.
https://github.com/perky/factorio-homew ... tag/v0.4.2

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

ljdp wrote:Version 0.4.2 release - various bug fixes.
https://github.com/perky/factorio-homew ... tag/v0.4.2
I think it is necessary to make all the water disappeared, regardless whether it's a lake or the sea

It would simply plant for the generation of water or pools

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Airat9000 wrote: I think it is necessary to make all the water disappeared, regardless whether it's a lake or the sea
It would simply plant for the generation of water or pools
The problem is a technical one. Oceans in factorio are simply too large for my algorithm to detect. The algorithm is spread over several ticks so Factorio doesn't freeze. Another problem is oceans typically continue off into un-generated chunks, if they were to be consumed when you generate the other chunks you will see the rest of the ocean with a huge ugly border of land where the world ended previously.

DreamSmith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DreamSmith »

Hi, love the concept but the thought of finite water scares me a little.
Does Homeworlds finite water interact with Landfill ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =91&t=4973 ) lakes?

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

DreamSmith wrote:Hi, love the concept but the thought of finite water scares me a little.
Does Homeworlds finite water interact with Landfill ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =91&t=4973 ) lakes?
I haven't tested it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with landfill.
You can play without finite water by choosing 'casual' difficulty at the game start, or if you want it off with other difficulties you can
type this into chat:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("homeworld", "GetDifficultySettings").finite_water = false

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

ljdp wrote:
DreamSmith wrote:Hi, love the concept but the thought of finite water scares me a little.
I haven't tested it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with landfill.
You can play without finite water by choosing 'casual' difficulty at the game start, or if you want it off with other difficulties you can
type this into chat:

/c remote.call("homeworld", "GetDifficultySettings").finite_water = false
whio is sand?
not work bob mod
Attachments
2015-07-31_0-52-53.jpg
2015-07-31_0-52-53.jpg (465.48 KiB) Viewed 6752 times

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Where is sand?
You can only find it in sand/desert biomes.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

ljdp wrote:Where is sand?
You can only find it in sand/desert biomes.
ooou good!! like idea!

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

Would it be possible to add trades (vanilla Factorio trading) to the portal, with what trades being available dependent on the homeworld tier?

Specifically, I would like to add an option to the Science Cost Tweaker mod that one of the intermediate products for blue and alien science packs cannot be made, but needs to be purchased from the homeworld. But first you have to get your homeworld up to a certain tier.

Essentially you need to send enough help back home that they can get their industry up to a certain level. Then they can provide things back to you (at a price).

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

I have an idea

and what to do if the game infinite, and
Help make for goods sent army to protect the base, the type of soldier

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

UberWaffe wrote:Would it be possible to add trades (vanilla Factorio trading) to the portal, with what trades being available dependent on the homeworld tier?

Specifically, I would like to add an option to the Science Cost Tweaker mod that one of the intermediate products for blue and alien science packs cannot be made, but needs to be purchased from the homeworld. But first you have to get your homeworld up to a certain tier.

Essentially you need to send enough help back home that they can get their industry up to a certain level. Then they can provide things back to you (at a price).
Hmmm. With the current version you could set up the needs so that you receive science packs as rewards. Not sure I want trading in standard homeworld, but I could add the feature to be extended, something like so long as all the needs are met for a tier you receive a constant supply of other items from them.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

ljdp wrote:Hmmm. With the current version you could set up the needs so that you receive science packs as rewards. Not sure I want trading in standard homeworld, but I could add the feature to be extended, something like so long as all the needs are met for a tier you receive a constant supply of other items from them.
That could also work well.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

ljdp wrote:
UberWaffe wrote: ...Essentially you need to send enough help back home that they can get their industry up to a certain level. Then they can provide things back to you (at a price).
...I could add the feature to be extended, something like so long as all the needs are met for a tier you receive a constant supply of other items from them.
v0.5.0 is released. It adds supplies, while not currently utilized by default, you can easily add it to your own scenarios.
Supplies are items the homeworld sends to you on a regular basis. They are sent so long as all the needs are met, above a certain threshold (typically 50%).

To add supplies to the needs prototype; you add a table to the tier with the key 'supplies':

supplies = {
   {item = "science-pack-1", amount_per_min = {min = 1, max = 10}, satisfaction_range = {min = 0.5, max = 1}},
   {item = "science-pack-2", amount_per_min = {min = 1, max = 10}, satisfaction_range = {min = 0.5, max = 1}},
}
The item is the item supplied. amount_per_min is a range from min to max of how much you receive per minute. satisfaction_range is a range from min to max of what the need satisfaction should be to receive that supply.

For example if satisfaction_range.min = 0.5, then all needs must be satisfied >50% to receive that supply. The amount_per_min and satisfaction_range is correlated.

If you have any requests for how supplies could work, let me know.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Homeworld 0.5.0

Post by UberWaffe »

Sounds perfectly suited to what I aim to do.

I'm currently doing a playthrough with ScienceCostTweaker and Homeworld, so I'll start playing with this.
(The basic idea is to just make one of the ingredients of the new intermediates for science-pack-3 and alien-science-pack be supplied only from the homeworld, at higher homeworld tiers.)

jaxterity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jaxterity »

Hello.

I love the idea of the mod you are doing and the progress you are making. I am creating a mod that is going to have a big progression through it. I am hoping to enlist the help of many people within the Factorio community. Either one one thing or another. Such as ideas and suggestions, as well as people who can do images or buildings and so on such as the sawmill you made and farms. I will also need help in doing more advanced things in order to complete the mod I am doing.

I will be creating a forum post and update and improve it as I build the mod. I am posting here as I would love your assistance in the mod I am making as I have a really great idea for what I think would be a very fun mod to play.

EDIT: I just made a forum post here in WIP/Pre-Alpha Mods. It is labeled, Age of Factorio if you would like to read on it.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

jaxterity wrote:Hello.

I love the idea of the mod you are doing and the progress you are making. I am creating a mod that is going to have a big progression through it. I am hoping to enlist the help of many people within the Factorio community. Either one one thing or another. Such as ideas and suggestions, as well as people who can do images or buildings and so on such as the sawmill you made and farms. I will also need help in doing more advanced things in order to complete the mod I am doing.

I will be creating a forum post and update and improve it as I build the mod. I am posting here as I would love your assistance in the mod I am making as I have a really great idea for what I think would be a very fun mod to play.

EDIT: I just made a forum post here in WIP/Pre-Alpha Mods. It is labeled, Age of Factorio if you would like to read on it.
Sounds like a good idea. I'd be happy to help out here and there, although don't count on me ;) I work on homeworld and my other mods in my spare time, which isn't in abundance.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Homeworld 0.5.1

Post by ljdp »

v0.5.1 released.

This bug patch removes fish reproduction and damaging fishes as they were the cause of desync error in multi-player. Because of this I have increased the base yield of fisheries.

Fast inserters are now 2x faster but also have double energy consumption (this is to keep up with the high demand of items the portal requires).

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

ljdp wrote:v0.5.1 released.

This bug patch removes fish reproduction and damaging fishes as they were the cause of desync error in multi-player. Because of this I have increased the base yield of fisheries.

Fast inserters are now 2x faster but also have double energy consumption (this is to keep up with the high demand of items the portal requires).
Attachments
2015-08-04_23-59-36.jpg
2015-08-04_23-59-36.jpg (81.79 KiB) Viewed 6728 times

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Lol, well that was dumb.

I'll get a fix up quickly. But for a very quick fix, simply replace line 411 in prototypes/entities.lua with

fast_inserter.energy_source.drain = "0.8kW"
-- Edit:
Fixed in 0.5.2

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Homeworld 0.5.2

Post by UberWaffe »

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but spotted while mucking around in the prototypes file "terraforming.lua"
The minable result for both seeder and terraformer is an electric furnace.

See suggested fix diff below.

From d7aff64b801e555f4609b1f5686e3ce8219b1bbf Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 14:45:13 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix for when mining seeders and terraformers.

---
 prototypes/terraforming.lua | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/prototypes/terraforming.lua b/prototypes/terraforming.lua
index e367840..8e6e353 100644
--- a/prototypes/terraforming.lua
+++ b/prototypes/terraforming.lua
@@ -4,7 +4,7 @@ data:extend({
     name = "seeder",
     icon = "__homeworld__/graphics/icons/seeder.png",
     flags = {"placeable-neutral", "placeable-player", "player-creation"},
-    minable = {mining_time = 1, result = "electric-furnace"},
+    minable = {mining_time = 1, result = "seeder"},
     max_health = 150,
     corpse = "big-remnants",