[MOD 0.12.11+] Blueprint String

Topics and discussion about specific mods
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] Blueprint String

Post by DaveMcW »

obuw wrote:Just a suggestion; any chance you can add a button to just show the blueprint string on the screen, or copy it to the clipboard? Maybe even a button on the blueprint UI itself?
I don't think it's possible to do "select all" or "copy" in Factorio. If you can find a way I would be interested in adding it.

obuw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by obuw »

Hmm, well, would it be possible to display it as a string in a textfield, and let the player just select and ctrl-c it himself?

I don't think lua can set clipboard contents directly. You can do it with 3rd party libraries but no idea if factorio would even allow mods to add their own dll libraries to the game. I'll investigate a little.
Obuw's Warfare - Combat improvements

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aaargha »

Found an interesting bug. Not sure if it's the string that's bad or what is happening really. End result is the game freezing for about a minute and allocating a bunch of memory.

How to reproduce:
Paste the string from here into the blueprint string text field.
Select all of it with ctrl-a.
Press backspace to remove it.
Enjoy the wait.

I think the string is for a whole blueprint book. Using Factorio 14.22 and blueprint string 4.0.0

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The mod does not handle keyboard events, that is a Factorio bug.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Sometimes signals from test mods sneak into a combinator in my blueprints. It would be great if those could be skipped instead of making me load another map just to grab a clean blueprint.
Is it possible to change handling of unknown signals/entities when importing blueprint strings from the current error message to ignoring the signal or entities? Perhaps added as option with a checkbox "skip unknown entities" below the text field.

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aaargha »

DaveMcW wrote:The mod does not handle keyboard events, that is a Factorio bug.
So it would seem. Thanks, I'll file a regular bug report then.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Optera wrote:Sometimes signals from test mods sneak into a combinator in my blueprints. It would be great if those could be skipped instead of making me load another map just to grab a clean blueprint.
Did you set the signal in a combinator, or did it just leak in through the network? If it's the second case I would file it as a Factorio bug.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

DaveMcW wrote:
Optera wrote:Sometimes signals from test mods sneak into a combinator in my blueprints. It would be great if those could be skipped instead of making me load another map just to grab a clean blueprint.
Did you set the signal in a combinator, or did it just leak in through the network? If it's the second case I would file it as a Factorio bug.
Just hazarding a guess here:
Optera is setting a signal/virtual signal in the combinator and saving to the bp string. When the BP string is read imported in a new/diff world that does not have the saved signal/virtual signal/mod it is erroring or crashing trying to access a non-existent signal. Optera is asking for a way to just ignore entities/signals that are not valid and build/set what can be set.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

DaveMcW wrote:
I ran into several cases where removing or updating a mod broke blueprints because signals/items changed names or got removed.
Some of my most recent examples:
  • Lighted power poles is a good example where skipping missing items would be nice.
    I have some of my big module blueprints with those lighted poles. Planting down a huge module just to switch switch out some poles for a clean blueprint is more work than planting it without poles and manually planting the missing poles.
  • When building a controller for production rates, I included mod added ites as well.
    I have to reset the whole controller or build a second one just to take a blueprint that works in unmodded games. Missing a single signal means i have to enable the mod(s) again just to remove that signal.
  • The output of my Logistic Train Network mod is a combinator that has its signals set based on the train currently inside the station.
    When taking a blueprint I have to check twice no trains are parked carrying modded items. It would have no effect on the blueprint if those items where skipped.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

This mod has ascended to become a 0.15 feature. :D

I released a 0.15 version of the mod to allow importing old blueprints. But exporting is disabled.

Emtucifor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emtucifor »

I just installed 0.14.23. There is no mods folder, just a shortcut, which doesn't go anywhere (when I double-click it, it says "The item 'mods' taht this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?").

What do I do? delete this shortcut and in C:\Program Files\Factorio\ create a new folder called "mods"?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

You need to to use the application data directory and not the steam install directory

Open start menu and in the search/run menu type %appdata%/factorio

Return to “Mods”