zgrillo2004
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Galactic Trade

Post by zgrillo2004 »

new version is broke. when I start up the game, I get this error
2562.jpg
2562.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
EDIT: Found the issue. the name is not what its called. you need to change it in the technology.lua to "alien-science-pack"

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

zgrillo2004 wrote:new version is broke. when I start up the game, I get this error
2562.jpg
EDIT: Found the issue. the name is not what its called. you need to change it in the technology.lua to "alien-science-pack"
woops, I'll get a fix up in i little bit
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
zgrillo2004 wrote:new version is broke. when I start up the game, I get this error
The attachment 2562.jpg is no longer available
freez
Attachments
2015-09-21_8-58-23.jpg
2015-09-21_8-58-23.jpg (370.81 KiB) Viewed 6848 times
2015-09-21_8-56-57.jpg
2015-09-21_8-56-57.jpg (235.05 KiB) Viewed 6848 times

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
2562.jpg
freez
That isn't good, I will take a look at those mods and try to get a fix up as soon as possible.

Edit: I can't seem to be able to find the infinite research mod, could you pm me a link to it?
Edit2: I can't test it right now, but it seems like one of your infinite research mods is probably putting the loading of values in a very big or infinite loop. I will try to make a fix for it, but it will probably include disabling tech costs.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
2562.jpg
freez
That isn't good, I will take a look at those mods and try to get a fix up as soon as possible.

Edit: I can't seem to be able to find the infinite research mod, could you pm me a link to it?
Edit2: I can't test it right now, but it seems like one of your infinite research mods is probably putting the loading of values in a very big or infinite loop. I will try to make a fix for it, but it will probably include disabling tech costs.
mods in files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyqxv2hi0xa27 ... 2.rar?dl=0

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
2562.jpg
freez

mods in files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyqxv2hi0xa27 ... 2.rar?dl=0
The problem seems to be coming from bobs mods, there is a recipe that sends it through an endless loop. I'm trying to fix another issue with 5dim's mods (specifically the vehicle mod causing some items not to show up in the buying trading chest, could happen with other mods) and then I'll release the fix.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:new version is broke. when I start up the game, I get this error
2562.jpg

The problem seems to be coming from bobs mods, there is a recipe that sends it through an endless loop. I'm trying to fix another issue with 5dim's mods (specifically the vehicle mod causing some items not to show up in the buying trading chest, could happen with other mods) and then I'll release the fix.
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I changed the file there config.lua that the goods were from the black list. may this problem. and added a few mod support.

zgrillo2004
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zgrillo2004 »

for some reason whenever I interact with anything like selecting an item on the buy chest or when trading commences, my message spams "Event Fired"

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

zgrillo2004 wrote:for some reason whenever I interact with anything like selecting an item on the buy chest or when trading commences, my message spams "Event Fired"
That isn't my mod, I haven't done anything like that since before my first version.

zgrillo2004
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zgrillo2004 »

coopmaster wrote:
zgrillo2004 wrote:for some reason whenever I interact with anything like selecting an item on the buy chest or when trading commences, my message spams "Event Fired"
That isn't my mod, I haven't done anything like that since before my first version.
I think its a game glitch. ill have to take it up with reporting this as a bug or something on my end

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

zgrillo2004 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
I think its a game glitch. ill have to take it up with reporting this as a bug or something on my end
It sounds like one of the mods you have installed have that as debug code, so you could try to find the mod by disabling other mods. If you really think that its my mod that is doing it, let me know what version you're running and I'll look at the code. If you really want to fix it and you found the mod that is doing it, you can do a control + f on the code and look for ".print" and remove that line. Most mods have almost all of their code in the Control.lua file so its probably best to look their first. But then again I don't blame you if you don't want to do that, it can be a lot of work.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
zgrillo2004 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
It sounds like one of the mods you have installed have that as debug code, so you could try to find the mod by disabling other mods. If you really think that its my mod that is doing it, let me know what version you're running and I'll look at the code. If you really want to fix it and you found the mod that is doing it, you can do a control + f on the code and look for ".print" and remove that line. Most mods have almost all of their code in the Control.lua file so its probably best to look their first. But then again I don't blame you if you don't want to do that, it can be a lot of work.
when there will be a revised version? those mods that I threw.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote: when there will be a revised version? those mods that I threw.
Are you having an issue with 0.6.5? I thought your last issue was with 0.6.4 which I thought I fixed.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Airat9000 wrote: when there will be a revised version? those mods that I threw.
Are you having an issue with 0.6.5? I thought your last issue was with 0.6.4 which I thought I fixed.
0.6.5 worked! thanks!

Azareal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Azareal »

I have a suggestion for this mod.

How about having a rocket which you load up which you send up into space, and then it comes back down at a later time (a day..?) with the items which you've traded those items for (or credits, although I'd imagine a kind of barter system in Factorio where you trade for equivalent goods..? The idea of credits means that there's probably some sort of central galactic government, but that doesn't seem that likely with how you start from zero all the time in Factorio)?
Said rocket could consume large amounts of fuel which would introduce a cost to using the galactic market rather than just teleporting it into space, and conveniently getting everything you need all the time.

Teleportation just seems awfully advanced compared to all of the other technology in Factorio, so I feel that it doesn't fit that well into the game.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Azareal wrote:I have a suggestion for this mod.

How about having a rocket which you load up which you send up into space, and then it comes back down at a later time (a day..?) with the items which you've traded those items for (or credits, although I'd imagine a kind of barter system in Factorio where you trade for equivalent goods..? The idea of credits means that there's probably some sort of central galactic government, but that doesn't seem that likely with how you start from zero all the time in Factorio)?
Said rocket could consume large amounts of fuel which would introduce a cost to using the galactic market rather than just teleporting it into space, and conveniently getting everything you need all the time.

Teleportation just seems awfully advanced compared to all of the other technology in Factorio, so I feel that it doesn't fit that well into the game.
I've kinda given up on trying to make it seem like this mod would fit with the current story of factorio. I was thinking like you are a poor dude just trying to become rich or something. Right now the easiest way to deal with the story is to pretend that it doesn't exist because I don't think that the rocket system is practical. I think that having immediate results with trading is the best way to go since the way you are suggesting is that it could only trade once every two days. The speed is also important for the dynamic economy (which is what I'm currently working on), the prices can change very rapidly and I don't like having a delay from a game-play point of view. I think this is one of those points where I must chose between game-play and realism, and this isn't exactly a realistic game so I'm going with game-play. But maybe I could have it start out with a delay with the results from the trade and decrease the time trading takes with research so that it isn't an immediate instant trading ability (maybe even a research to unlock the instant buy and instant sell buttons). After I finish the dynamic economy most of the changes will be like this where I'm thinking about balance and polishing up for my own 1.0 release :)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Azareal wrote:I have a suggestion for this mod.

I've kinda given up on trying to make it seem like this mod would fit with the current story of factorio. I was thinking like you are a poor dude just trying to become rich or something. Right now the easiest way to deal with the story is to pretend that it doesn't exist because I don't think that the rocket system is practical. I think that having immediate results with trading is the best way to go since the way you are suggesting is that it could only trade once every two days. The speed is also important for the dynamic economy (which is what I'm currently working on), the prices can change very rapidly and I don't like having a delay from a game-play point of view. I think this is one of those points where I must chose between game-play and realism, and this isn't exactly a realistic game so I'm going with game-play. But maybe I could have it start out with a delay with the results from the trade and decrease the time trading takes with research so that it isn't an immediate instant trading ability (maybe even a research to unlock the instant buy and instant sell buttons). After I finish the dynamic economy most of the changes will be like this where I'm thinking about balance and polishing up for my own 1.0 release :)

:D question who is maximal money in balance?

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote: :D question who is maximal money in balance?
I think you mean what is the maximum money? If so I don't really know... I'll have to test that out, but I would guess it is about 2,147,483,647 or more? I can't really seem to find the maximum number for lua so its probably that, if you are worried about reaching the max you can buy coins.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
I think you mean what is the maximum money? If so I don't really know... I'll have to test that out, but I would guess it is about 2,147,483,647 or more? I can't really seem to find the maximum number for lua so its probably that, if you are worried about reaching the max you can buy coins.
what is coins??

yes max money in balance

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
what is coins??

yes max money in balance
You should be able to search for 'coin' in the buying trading chest, it doesn't take any value away from coins when selling them unlike normal items. It is a good way to store any extra credits if your value gets too high, just store a bunch of them in a couple of chest (or a lot of chests).

Return to “Mods”