[MOD 0.12.X] Galactic Trade

Topics and discussion about specific mods
coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.4] Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by coopmaster »

TuckJohn wrote:I just thought of a way to have global dynamic economy; Have soft limits on the prices so that if a hacker cheats in items, the item value goes down to next to free.
For example, take this diagram. 1 dash equals, say, 200 sales of an item.

(pre-set lower limit) (pre-set upper limit)
10------8----7--6-----5---------------4-----------------------------3
unfortunately though, I don't think that the multiplayer market will be a thing globally. The lua api doesn't include ways to connect to other servers, there is only the save you can effect. So what I'm going to do is just try to make the single player feel like you're playing with other players on the market. I does however make it a lot easier to deal with cheaters, to not worry about them :P
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.4+] Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by coopmaster »

Alexs wrote:
seit_der_version_0125.jpg
a new error with the version 0.12.5 factorio.
my galactic trade version is 0.5.3.
I didn't see the first time that you were running an older version. I will try to make 0.6.1 backwards compatible the best I can, but no guarantees.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.5] Galactic Trade (Now With Multiplayer)

Post by Alexs »

Thanks, I'll start a new game, and really looking forward to version 0.6.1 - thanks for the work

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
Alexs wrote:
The attachment seit_der_version_0125.jpg is no longer available
I didn't see the first time that you were running an older version. I will try to make 0.6.1 backwards compatible the best I can, but no guarantees.

bu bug not update in price contunue game
Attachments
2015-08-30_3-43-18.jpg
2015-08-30_3-43-18.jpg (525.79 KiB) Viewed 7035 times
2015-08-30_3-35-53.jpg
2015-08-30_3-35-53.jpg (556.86 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
2015-08-30_3-35-34.jpg
2015-08-30_3-35-34.jpg (884.27 KiB) Viewed 7037 times

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

I haven't tried this yet but I really like the idea.

For the dynamic market, what would be better is to have each player set the price that they're willing to buy or sell each item. The lower the selling price, the more of that item will be sold. However, as more of an item is sold the supply is increased and hence the same selling price will not sell as much of the item. An increase in demand for that item by players will have the opposite effect.

When buying, Offering a higher price for an item will allow you to buy more of that item. As demand increases for a particular item, players will need to offer more for that item to fill their orders. An increase in supply will have the opposite effect.

This way if someone cheats and floods the market with an item, other players will be able to buy that item in bulk for a low price, hence demand will increase and price will return to a fair value.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

How can I version 0.6.0 compel read the config.lua?
This line is not about:
global.gt_reload_item_values_on_load = true

thx for help

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote:
coopmaster wrote:
Alexs wrote:
seit_der_version_0125.jpg

bu bug not update in price contunue game
I fixed this in the next version, I will try to get it out this weekend but I've been busy.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

British_Petroleum wrote:I haven't tried this yet but I really like the idea.

For the dynamic market, what would be better is to have each player set the price that they're willing to buy or sell each item. The lower the selling price, the more of that item will be sold. However, as more of an item is sold the supply is increased and hence the same selling price will not sell as much of the item. An increase in demand for that item by players will have the opposite effect.

When buying, Offering a higher price for an item will allow you to buy more of that item. As demand increases for a particular item, players will need to offer more for that item to fill their orders. An increase in supply will have the opposite effect.

This way if someone cheats and floods the market with an item, other players will be able to buy that item in bulk for a low price, hence demand will increase and price will return to a fair value.
The problem is that if they really wanted to screw up the market, they would just put up a nearly infinite amount of items on the market. There really isn't a way to stop it other than putting limits on how much people can sell at the same time and have a time limit on when the limit resets. Unfortunately though, the only case this might be a problem is if someone is doing it in your multiplayer game since I don't think there is a way to do a shared market otherwise. In order to have a market that everyone is in, it would require the factorio devs to add a networking api into the game. I don't expect them to do that so I doubt that its going to be a thing. I might try to figure out some hacky way to do it, but right now the only way I can see doing it is to manipulate the data in memory while the game is running. I might try to ask the devs if they would be willing to do it, but I doubt it. If anyone has any suggestions on how I could do this the way that the api is right now, please let me know.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
British_Petroleum wrote:I haven't tried this yet but I really like the idea.

The problem is that if they really wanted to screw up the market, they would just put up a nearly infinite amount of items on the market. There really isn't a way to stop it other than putting limits on how much people can sell at the same time and have a time limit on when the limit resets. Unfortunately though, the only case this might be a problem is if someone is doing it in your multiplayer game since I don't think there is a way to do a shared market otherwise. In order to have a market that everyone is in, it would require the factorio devs to add a networking api into the game. I don't expect them to do that so I doubt that its going to be a thing. I might try to figure out some hacky way to do it, but right now the only way I can see doing it is to manipulate the data in memory while the game is running. I might try to ask the devs if they would be willing to do it, but I doubt it. If anyone has any suggestions on how I could do this the way that the api is right now, please let me know.
I want to suggest an idea!
it would be good to make a dynamic price.
from 1000 to 2000 for example, and others.
if it is real.

zgrillo2004
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zgrillo2004 »

gtbug1.jpg
gtbug1.jpg (52.43 KiB) Viewed 6912 times
Got this error when I try to open the logistics buy chest. Im using Factorio version 12.6
And here is my mod list
gtbug2.jpg
gtbug2.jpg (179.99 KiB) Viewed 6912 times
another problem that I had was that I clicked on recalculate market values and it seems that it doesnt do anything. I actually had 0.53 of it and upgraded to 12.6 of factorio and GT to 0.6

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

zgrillo2004 wrote:
gtbug1.jpg
Got this error when I try to open the logistics buy chest. Im using Factorio version 12.6
And here is my mod list
another problem that I had was that I clicked on recalculate market values and it seems that it doesnt do anything. I actually had 0.53 of it and upgraded to 12.6 of factorio and GT to 0.6
Thank you for the error report and I will look into it as soon as I can.

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Hey, I'm enjoying this mod quite a bit, allows a interesting game style (Playing with copper, or oil, or whatever set to 'none').

What I don't really like is that it's not possible to profit on the market, as the 15% cut negates the value added by processing items. I was hoping it would be possible to buy the raw materials(plates), manufacture an item (say a Science Lab), and sell that lab for a net profit.

Having a look through your code, I do notice that it's ignoring the multiplier for processing time. Default is 2, but that constant is never used after it's set ;)

Would you consider placing your code up on GitHub or another repository tool? I'd like the chance to tinker, and submit patches back. I don't have time to develop/maintain any mods on my own, unfortunately.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

starholme wrote:Hey, I'm enjoying this mod quite a bit, allows a interesting game style (Playing with copper, or oil, or whatever set to 'none').

What I don't really like is that it's not possible to profit on the market, as the 15% cut negates the value added by processing items. I was hoping it would be possible to buy the raw materials(plates), manufacture an item (say a Science Lab), and sell that lab for a net profit.

Having a look through your code, I do notice that it's ignoring the multiplier for processing time. Default is 2, but that constant is never used after it's set ;)

Would you consider placing your code up on GitHub or another repository tool? I'd like the chance to tinker, and submit patches back. I don't have time to develop/maintain any mods on my own, unfortunately.
I'm not using that value anymore, I'm actually getting the value that it takes to create that item now. I guess that is just showing that I need to clean up my code. I will put it up on github and would love some help with bug fixes, I've recently gotten an internship that has just taken all the energy out of me. I will edit this after I put it up and put a link in the thread somewhere.

Edit: Here is the link https://github.com/coopmaster/GalacticTradeMod-Factorio

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

coopmaster wrote:
starholme wrote:Hey, I'm enjoying this mod quite a bit, allows a interesting game style (Playing with copper, or oil, or whatever set to 'none').

I'm not using that value anymore, I'm actually getting the value that it takes to create that item now. I guess that is just showing that I need to clean up my code. I will put it up on github and would love some help with bug fixes, I've recently gotten an internship that has just taken all the energy out of me. I will edit this after I put it up and put a link in the thread somewhere.

Edit: Here is the link https://github.com/coopmaster/GalacticTradeMod-Factorio
bug not effect!
Attachments
2015-09-10_7-45-50.jpg
2015-09-10_7-45-50.jpg (195.87 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
2015-09-10_7-45-32.jpg
2015-09-10_7-45-32.jpg (884.49 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
2015-09-10_7-45-14.jpg
2015-09-10_7-45-14.jpg (586.8 KiB) Viewed 7138 times

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Airat9000 wrote: bug not effect!
Get the latest version which fixes that and also adds support for saves of older versions of my mod.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.7] Galactic Trade

Post by Alexs »

First: Thanks for the new version... :)

..a short feedback:
- I had to uninstall the version 0.6.0, otherwise crash (there were still ordered objects in the buy-chest)
- Now I can the pages (in buy-Chest) no move forward, it is only 1 page appears.

Edit1:
- button "search" works

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Alexs wrote:First: Thanks for the new version... :)

..a short feedback:
- I had to uninstall the version 0.6.0, otherwise crash (there were still ordered objects in the buy-chest)
- Now I can the pages (in buy-Chest) no move forward, it is only 1 page appears.

Edit1:
- button "search" works
So there is only one page? Do you have any mods? Are you using a save from an old version of the mod?
Thanks for the feedback

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

In savegame now, I had only installed version 0.6.0, no other version.

With the new version 0.6.1 everything goes without problems.
The factorio version is 0.12.6.
I have not updated to the latest version 0.12.7

My mod-list:
mod-list.json
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Ps: I had the script-entries in factorio order not delete . Is this a problem?

Edit: NOW IT WORKS!!
- I had deleted the script-entries
- I searched (and it find) solarpanels, NOW find the mod without any problems the different pages.

--

Thank you, your mod makes a great fun !! : D
Now that everything is going, I translated it into German ... :D

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Alexs wrote:In savegame now, I had only installed version 0.6.0, no other version.

With the new version 0.6.1 everything goes without problems.
The factorio version is 0.12.6.
I have not updated to the latest version 0.12.7

My mod-list:
mod-list.json
Ps: I had the script-entries in factorio order not delete . Is this a problem?

Edit: NOW IT WORKS!!
- I had deleted the script-entries
- I searched (and it find) solarpanels, NOW find the mod without any problems the different pages.

--

Thank you, your mod makes a great fun !! : D
Now that everything is going, I translated it into German ... :D
I can add support for other languages, I just haven't really thought about it. I will put that in the next version. Also did you mean the scrip-output folder you had to delete? I think I might be able to handle that error if that is the case.

Alexs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alexs »

Here my German translation in locale and the change in the control.lua;
local.cfg
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
control.lua
(54.31 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

Return to “Mods”