[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy »

Berkys32 wrote:After last update, im still getting this:
20170709110417_1.jpg
Hey Berkys32, what exactly is the issue?
Thanks

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

That it costs 30000 purple science, if even atomic bomb costs only 20000. This way i find it not worth it.
If it is meant this way, could you please add option to set up somemultiplier? Im playing deathworld setting map in singleplayer annd Im counting every processor, so no way I can afford so many purple science...

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

V 7.1.6 of NE Buildings out.
Big change to Terraforming Station, Now needs Alien Stimulants to work. Won't affect existing Stations in running games. Only newly build stations.
Let me know what you guys think. I now finally think the building is not OP, since you constantly need to feed it Alien Artifacts.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Interesting changes. But i did some tests on the test map and dont sure that terraforming station is working with or without allien stimulator. On the testmap all researches is completed(creative mod) and all factories is not producing any polution (all testfactories in standby mode). For the test i check current evo(79.7%) and kill some bitter spavners got 400+ artifacts and build 38 Terraformers and wait until all amo is gone. After test finished evo was 79,92%. During test i dont see any decreases of evo in evogui and Evo deduction alvays 0%.

And anyway even if all was working fine.. Only one way to create allien stimulator is fight vith bitters to get an allien artifacts. This manual work contradicts the whole concept of game automation. I propose to add the possibility of creating a stimulant without having to destroy the spaers. For example, in the Arch666Angel's mod there is a bio-industry with the help of which it is possible to produce small allien artifacts. And from these artifacts produce a stimulant. My two cents..

btw: the terraforming stations is constume electricity alvays, with ammo or not. I think this is dont right. Yes you can do some simple automation to shut down stations without ammo, but as for me that is not fun, and should do by station automaticaly.
img

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Sedar wrote:Interesting changes. But i did some tests on the test map and dont sure that terraforming station is working with or without allien stimulator. On the testmap all researches is completed(creative mod) and all factories is not producing any polution (all testfactories in standby mode). For the test i check current evo(79.7%) and kill some bitter spavners got 400+ artifacts and build 38 Terraformers and wait until all amo is gone. After test finished evo was 79,92%. During test i dont see any decreases of evo in evogui and Evo deduction alvays 0%.

And anyway even if all was working fine.. Only one way to create allien stimulator is fight vith bitters to get an allien artifacts. This manual work contradicts the whole concept of game automation. I propose to add the possibility of creating a stimulant without having to destroy the spaers. For example, in the Arch666Angel's mod there is a bio-industry with the help of which it is possible to produce small allien artifacts. And from these artifacts produce a stimulant. My two cents..

btw: the terraforming stations is constume electricity alvays, with ammo or not. I think this is dont right. Yes you can do some simple automation to shut down stations without ammo, but as for me that is not fun, and should do by station automaticaly.
img
Thanks for the Feedback Sedar, I tested the Evolution deduction and it seems to work fine.
You're correct that the Radar part of the Terraforming station will still run and use electricity if there is not ammo (Alien Stimulant) loaded. Not sure how to prevent that.

Now you need to consider Alien Artifacts as a resource. If you have NE Enemies installed you can use the Alien Artifact collectors. Use Thumpers and create outposts dedicated to collecting artifacts.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

TheSAguy wrote: Thanks for the Feedback Sedar, I tested the Evolution deduction and it seems to work fine.
You're correct that the Radar part of the Terraforming station will still run and use electricity if there is not ammo (Alien Stimulant) loaded. Not sure how to prevent that.

Now you need to consider Alien Artifacts as a resource. If you have NE Enemies installed you can use the Alien Artifact collectors. Use Thumpers and create outposts dedicated to collecting artifacts.
The fact is that I use the orbital ion cannon mod. They automatically destroy the spavners and all around it. But in order not to overload the map with a drop from small bitters, I have to turn of the drop from them. Ie option with the creation of outpost for automatic farminf of artifacts does not work for me. Also, when small artifacts are disabled, there is no craft of allien artifacts from small artifacts. I could organize production of small allien artifact with the help of the Archangels bioindustry, but there is no recipe for producing allien artifacts from small ones.

You can solve this conflict simply by adding a recipe of crafting allien artifact from the small ones even when drop of small artifacts is off.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Please help guys. I am using RSO, Rampant, Swarm Enemies and NE Expansion and Enemies and the Biter evolution is ramping up like absolutely crazy! I am already at 40 percent after six hours without the pollution cloud even hitting the nests and to boot I thought I disabled expansion but now I noticed that nests are creeping towards me actually when I am comparing old map views with the current one. Please help. I do not even have access to miltech because I am using Expansive Recipes and Science and my guns are not even working on the Biters by now. My trains are getting killed en mass. Help.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Tomik wrote:Please help guys. I am using RSO, Rampant, Swarm Enemies and NE Expansion and Enemies and the Biter evolution is ramping up like absolutely crazy! I am already at 40 percent after six hours without the pollution cloud even hitting the nests and to boot I thought I disabled expansion but now I noticed that nests are creeping towards me actually when I am comparing old map views with the current one. Please help. I do not even have access to miltech because I am using Expansive Recipes and Science and my guns are not even working on the Biters by now. My trains are getting killed en mass. Help.
LOL, you have the ultimate Mod collection to make the game hard, if not impossible!

NE Expansion will enable expansion...
You have to prioritize War tech. Else you are dead. It sounds like you might be past the point of no return at this point if you did not focus on that...

Are you playing with Bob's? If so, you should focus on getting the Sniper turret.
If not, get Piercing rounds, and build walls and belts to feed your turrets.

You also have to wipe out the nests around you early. Try to have a large area clear and walled off by the time you reach 30% evo.

Again, you have crazy difficult mods and settings and did not focus on military... outcome was inevitable....

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Just release version 7.2.0
I made some big changes in that I removed the Artifact Collector and Ammo from NE Enemies and put those in NE Buildings.

Now it's more thematic. Enemies will just add Enemies and all Buildings and other Items are together.

Please Note, your existing Artifact collectors will stop working. You need to mine and place them down again.

Hope I did not break too much!

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

TheSAguy wrote:
Tomik wrote:Please help guys. I am using RSO, Rampant, Swarm Enemies and NE Expansion and Enemies and the Biter evolution is ramping up like absolutely crazy! I am already at 40 percent after six hours without the pollution cloud even hitting the nests and to boot I thought I disabled expansion but now I noticed that nests are creeping towards me actually when I am comparing old map views with the current one. Please help. I do not even have access to miltech because I am using Expansive Recipes and Science and my guns are not even working on the Biters by now. My trains are getting killed en mass. Help.
LOL, you have the ultimate Mod collection to make the game hard, if not impossible!

You have to prioritize War tech. Else you are dead. It sounds like you might be past the point of no return at this point if you did not focus on that...

Are you playing with Bob's? If so, you should focus on getting the Sniper turret.

You also have to wipe out the nests around you early. Try to have a large area clear and walled off by the time you reach 30% evo.

Again, you have crazy difficult mods and settings and did not focus on military... outcome was inevitable....
TheSAguy wrote:Just release version 7.2.0
I made some big changes in that I removed the Artifact Collector and Ammo from NE Enemies and put those in NE Buildings.

Now it's more thematic. Enemies will just add Enemies and all Buildings and other Items are together.

Please Note, your existing Artifact collectors will stop working. You need to mine and place them down again.

I am starting a new map. I need two things in the NE Mod options menu: Either an option to totally deactivate nest expansion or to edit the evolution factor.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tomik wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

I am starting a new map. I need two things in the NE Mod options menu: Either an option to totally deactivate nest expansion or to edit the evolution factor.
You do realize that all the expansion options for biters are configured in map settings as usual?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Tomik wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

I've updated NE Expansion to V7.0.2, Added the option to disable enemy expansion... Not sure why you'd want this, since it defeats 50% of the mod, but it's an option now. I believe you will have to start a new game with this change to take effect.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

TheSAguy wrote:
Tomik wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

I've updated NE Expansion to V7.0.2, Added the option to disable enemy expansion... Not sure why you'd want this, since it defeats 50% of the mod, but it's an option now. I believe you will have to start a new game with this change to take effect.
Thanks. :)
Where can one find the option for changing the speed factor at which Biter Evolution rises thanks to time and pollution? Because In six hours of play it is already at fifty percent and the pollution is not even touching a single nest.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Tomik wrote: Thanks. :)
Where can one find the option for changing the speed factor at which Biter Evolution rises thanks to time and pollution? Because In six hours of play it is already at fifty percent and the pollution is not even touching a single nest.
During Map creation, go the the Advanced tab. You can tweak all kinds of stuff there. This is part of Vanilla Factorio as Orzelek mentioned.
Map generator

Razunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Razunter »

I can't craft Biological Bullet Magazines now. I have alien artifacts disabled, so I have no way to get Alien Toxin. In previous version (without Natural Evolution Buildings) you needed only sulfuric acid for ammo (and it was overpowered).

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Razunter wrote:

I can't craft Biological Bullet Magazines now. I have alien artifacts disabled, so I have no way to get Alien Toxin. In previous version (without Natural Evolution Buildings) you needed only sulfuric acid for ammo (and it was overpowered).
NE Buildings adds Alien Artifacts to Spwaners, this is not something you can turn on or off, it's added.
NE Enemies adds small alien artifacts to units. This you can turn on and off and if on, you can craft them into large artifacts.

Can you confirm you don't have any Artifacts??
Thanks.

Razunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Razunter »

TheSAguy wrote: NE Buildings adds Alien Artifacts to Spwaners, this is not something you can turn on or off, it's added.
NE Enemies adds small alien artifacts to units. This you can turn on and off and if on, you can craft them into large artifacts.

Can you confirm you don't have any Artifacts??
Thanks.
Yep, spawners generate artifacts now.

sp518
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sp518 »

The TerraformingStation can't be removed normally. It remain a station can't be clicked and cause the game crash a moment later.
Here's the screenshots.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

sp518 wrote:The TerraformingStation can't be removed normally. It remain a station can't be clicked and cause the game crash a moment later.
Thanks for the report. Please revert to the previous version on the Mod portal. I'll work on a fix.
If you can, could I get a save?

Thanks

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

TheSAguy wrote:
Tomik wrote: Thanks. :)
During Map creation, go the the Advanced tab. You can tweak all kinds of stuff there. This is part of Vanilla Factorio as Orzelek mentioned.
Map generator
You have to understand I use the Delayed Turrets mod which gives turrets 12 seconds before they activate. So I cannot use Turret Creeping in my games.

Wait. I thought your mod handled everything: evolution, pollution and expansion and that the vanilla map generation Advanced Settings tab was basically redundant and changing anything inside it wouldn't change anything in game.. :? Because I remember trying to deactivate expansion through it and it didn't work while I had your mod on.

Return to “Mods”