[MOD 0.17.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Post Reply
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.1.1 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:06 am

Timeslice wrote:The config option for disabling the "new" buildings (when uncommented) still doesn't work. Do you plan on implementing that?
Not sure, It's going to be hard at this stage. The mod got a little complicated and disabling just those buildings might be asking a lot at the moment.. Just use self constraint! :shock:
Timeslice wrote: I'm also seeing big worms (from bob's mods - fire, explosive, etc.) spawn very early in evolution, way before spitters or medium biters. Is this you, bob, or some cross-mod issue?
I've also noticed this in my recent game. I'm also using Bob's. A few big worms appeared, very early in my game just outside my base. I can tell you that I'm not specifically making any changes with the Big worms. Not sure if it's a combination of the two Mods, a vanilla expansion issue or possibly something with Bob's mod. Just use a sniper turret and kill them! What I had to do.
Timeslice wrote:Another issue: if I have Bob's mods installed, but turn off NE small artifacts, the small->regular artifacts recipe is still 100:1. Could you change it so that it doesn't alter the recipe if they aren't enabled?
I will implement this change in my next release. Thanks for pointing it out. Remember though, with this mod you are going to get a lot more attack waves, so you will have a lot more small artifacts.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3550
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.1.1 - All things Alien!

Post by orzelek » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am

When playing with bobs I'm disabling first two config options to prevent issues - the extra loot (bob's will add it properly with all colors of artifacts) and doubled science pack cost (Science Tweaker accounts for that and more :D ).

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.1.1 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:43 am

TheSAguy wrote:
Timeslice wrote:Another issue: if I have Bob's mods installed, but turn off NE small artifacts, the small->regular artifacts recipe is still 100:1. Could you change it so that it doesn't alter the recipe if they aren't enabled?
I will implement this change in my next release. Thanks for pointing it out. Remember though, with this mod you are going to get a lot more attack waves, so you will have a lot more small artifacts.
It seems like small biters only have about a 25% chance to drop a small alien artifact in bob's, so it seems like it all evens out in the end. However having your drop rate on top of bob's when the different alien artifact types are enabled is just too much purple.

If I can convince myself that I care enough I'll do some more testing with mod combinations in regards to the early big worms. Ideally I don't want sniper turrets MK1 to have more range than the big worms, but I also don't want to see big worms that early in the game. I guess it's not a huge deal either way, I just find it a bit bizarre.

I also had something weird occur when using dytech with dyzilla enabled. At about 7% evolution "The dyzilla spawner has been located!" event occured, and over the next 5-10 minutes my evolution level went from 7% to 21%, which is just insane. I reloaded the save to before the spawner was located, and I didn't get that event the second time around (I don't know how the event actually works, and I've never actually seen the dyzilla spawner). I did have that event happen again several hours later at about 18% evolution, but I didn't see a spike in evolution that time. Have you done any testing or had any experience with dyzilla?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.1.1 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Timeslice wrote:
I also had something weird occur when using dytech with dyzilla enabled. At about 7% evolution "The dyzilla spawner has been located!" event occured, and over the next 5-10 minutes my evolution level went from 7% to 21%, which is just insane. I reloaded the save to before the spawner was located, and I didn't get that event the second time around (I don't know how the event actually works, and I've never actually seen the dyzilla spawner). I did have that event happen again several hours later at about 18% evolution, but I didn't see a spike in evolution that time. Have you done any testing or had any experience with dyzilla?
Again, unless it's some weird interaction with my mod, it's not something I'm controlling. I have not played a full game with Dyzilla, but know that there is a % chance if them spawning, less on lower difficulty. P.S.

Dyzilla was my name in the naming contest :)

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.1.1 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:00 am

Nice :D

Then it's a little awkward that you haven't yet seen the creation you named, isn't it? :P

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:03 am

Version Natural Evolution 4.2 is out!

Gave some attention to biters. They now have some resistances.
Nice end game option. Once you build the Rocket Silo things get tough. - needs some testing please.

I changed the Artifact collectors to Passive Logistic Storage chests. So you can use bots to collect the artifacts, though, if you've already build any Artifact collectors, the game will crash!
You'll need to pick up all placed Artifact Collectors first, then update the mod, or change them back to regular chest until you start a new game: Natural-Evolution_4.2.0\prototypes\Artifact_Collectorentity.lua

Cleaned mod structure somewhat.

Feedback please!

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:20 am

4.2 Is working well so far, but I'm only at 25% evo.

Is there any chance you could add support to the collector for bob's corpses?

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:43 am

Actually, did you change the thresholds? I started seeing medium biters at 20%, which was expected, but now I'm seeing big biters at just over 25%. (Using dytech and bob's)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:39 am

Timeslice wrote:4.2 Is working well so far, but I'm only at 25% evo.

Is there any chance you could add support to the collector for bob's corpses?
Does Bob's have corpses... must be because you're playing with DyTech and Bob. I'll add support in next update.
Timeslice wrote:Actually, did you change the thresholds? I started seeing medium biters at 20%, which was expected, but now I'm seeing big biters at just over 25%. (Using dytech and bob's)
I did not change anything on Spawn thresholds. You sure it's a big biter and not a DyZilla guard biter guy?

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 am

They're spawning from a bunch of different bases, and it's called "Big Biter". I don't know if the Dyzilla guard has different names...

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Timeslice wrote:They're spawning from a bunch of different bases, and it's called "Big Biter". I don't know if the Dyzilla guard has different names...
Odd...
What other mods are you all using?
I'm not changing any of that. (As far as I'm aware of...)

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 am

TheSAguy wrote:
Timeslice wrote:They're spawning from a bunch of different bases, and it's called "Big Biter". I don't know if the Dyzilla guard has different names...
Odd...
What other mods are you all using?
I'm not changing any of that. (As far as I'm aware of...)
http://imgur.com/Cb6RaNh

I have the dytech difficulty set to 2 (default). I left Dyzilla on because it was crashing when it was off and I didn't feel like tracking it down (I figured it was about time I tried it anyways). I'm also using default settings for NE.

*edit* Also you're totally right, it's dytech that adds corpses, not bob's. And you totally already added the ability to collect corpses, so thank you :)

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:41 pm

FYI, I started a new game without NE and still got bit worms spawning very early. Since they were bob's worms (poison) I'm going to blame the bobsenemies mod.

*edit* And when I took out the bob's enemies mod the biter bases got alot smaller as well... time to add NE back in :)

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Line 29 of data-updates.lua has a pretty big typo in it...

For some reason when I add NE to my pack when Science Tweaker is installed an additional two copper plates get added to the recipe for red science, even if I have the extra science cost config set to false. This leads me to believe that there are two bugs: the ScienceCost config setting isn't working, and the science pack recipe changes are happening before Science Cost Tweaker is replacing the recipe with it's custom science pack intermediates.

Hmm... seems like part of the problem is that the recipe isn't resetting after I turned off the ScienceCost config option, because when I started a new game the recipe is fine, but I load my current one and it has the extra plates. Will removing and re-adding NE force the migration script to fire?

*edit* Nevermind, this command fixed it:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3550
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by orzelek » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:02 pm

IF you modify mod by hand you need to use the reset commands. Migrations only fire once and are stored in the save so even mod removal/adding again might not fire them.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:05 pm

orzelek wrote:IF you modify mod by hand you need to use the reset commands. Migrations only fire once and are stored in the save so even mod removal/adding again might not fire them.
Yeah, unfortunately config files are not seperate from mods like they are in minecraft (forge). If I have a zipped mod in the mods folder, but also an unzipped folder for that mod that only contains the config file, can I override the config that way without having to modify the zip file? (I understand that this would solve this issue)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3550
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by orzelek » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Timeslice wrote:
orzelek wrote:IF you modify mod by hand you need to use the reset commands. Migrations only fire once and are stored in the save so even mod removal/adding again might not fire them.
Yeah, unfortunately config files are not seperate from mods like they are in minecraft (forge). If I have a zipped mod in the mods folder, but also an unzipped folder for that mod that only contains the config file, can I override the config that way without having to modify the zip file? (I understand that this would solve this issue)
You can have only zipped or unzipped version. It's easiest to unzip and edit the config then. It won't prevent the issue - if you edit config of a mod and load a save that already had same version of mod changes to tech and recipes will not be visible and will require reset_recipes or reset_technologies call.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by Timeslice » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:45 pm

And that was supposed to say "I understand this wouldn't solve the issue". Hurray for proofreading...
Thanks for the info anyways :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.2.0 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:56 am

Timeslice wrote:Line 29 of data-updates.lua has a pretty big typo in it...
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Since it's not game breaking, I'll update with my next release.
Timeslice wrote:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
Orzelek, is there anyway I can include a line like this in the control to do the update on load?
I know that just

Code: Select all

game.player.force.reset_recipes()
does not work, give an error about 1 player or something.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v4.3.0 - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:00 am

Version 4.3 is up!

Added several new units, between the current unit tiers.


Small Biter Mk1 & 2 - between small and medium biters.
Medium Biter Mk1 & 2 - between medium and big biters.
Big Biter Mk1 & 2 - between big and behemoth biter.

Every 10% of evolution a new unit type will evolve...
Same for Spitters.

Other minor balancing updates. Reduced the evolution increase for destroying biter nests slightly. from 0.0005 to 0.0002.
Fixed a bug Timeslice found

Recommended to start a new game.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users