[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.14.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by Berkys32 »

wolfling wrote:So we have a network of Collectors on our perimeter to pick up any alien stuff left by the bugs... mostly to prevent/reduce the inevitable entity bloom that occurs from them all over the ground.
Problem is, once in the Collector it is being instantly allocated a Logistics Robot to pick it up. Is there any way of disconnecting a Collector from the Logistics network? It would also reduce the amount of bots lost for travelling over spawners to pick up stray artefacts from distant places...
And if anyone's about to suggest sending them by belt, that's what we do; but the bot still comes to fetch. (Then gets turned away empty handed as the artefact is long gone on the belt.)
And the suggestion of not requesting the artefacts? That's so we can auto-trash them and not have to continually be unloading our already tight inventory.

Thanks,
Wolfling
Interesting idea - earlier, non-logistic version of Collector. And logistic version could be there after some researches or so...

BTW: what about earlier mentioned terraforming station reversing desertification? I really would like to see one...

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Kudos to the mod authors. NEE is incredible. My friend and I just wrapped up a 1 RPM megabase map with NEE and Bob's Enemies, and it was so hard!

One problem we had with NEE was it would tank our UPS anytime the bugs were aggressive. If we killed some trees, a hive, or a worm, the quantity of bugs attacking and I presume pathfinding would take us from 60 UPS down to 10. I play on a toaster, and it got so bad late game we'd have to set the game speed to 30% in order to walk and fight.

I read on another mod that entities pathfinding too long should be removed (viewtopic.php?f=58&t=29459), and yet I have seen large swarms of bugs idling around nests in weird square patterns fairly often. Shouldn't that feature have helped keep our UPS up?

Finally as much as we enjoyed it I believe we need to find a way to have 10x less bugs, but those bugs be 10x harder or more. That way its hard but minimizes UPS issues. Any suggestions?

Loved NEE! Thanks.

andrvaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by andrvaut »

I have a very lags when break trees.
After have attack ~1-2к alien of range 600-700.
Hedless server ahead of players up to 5 minutes
How to reduce the distance of aggression aliens? Or other reduce the load on cpu?

Mods:
bob+swarm+Natural Evolution

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

@TheSAGuy: I wrote my Hardcore Survival mod to include a remote.call to add extra enemies to the spawning logic. Hardcore Survival Expansion demonstrates how this is done. If you'd like to modify and tweak NEE and tailor it to a Hardcore Survival style experience the tools are there.

pato
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by pato »

Some time ago we had a problem with the artifact collector randomly stopping after the game progresses for a while.
Now i got the same problem again. My map has now 37 MB and they stopped like half a hour ago.
Is this because of the map size or another bug?

When i came back to my main base it was flooded with artifacts on the ground everywhere!

EDIT: I copied over the code from NE Enemies to NE Buildings, because my game in unplayable with those massive biter invasions UPS = 1
But as they were working before, i think i didnt do something wrong here

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

Hi TheSAguy,

i m happy about your mod, with it my factorio experience was much better and challenging. Thanks for your good work.

Will you update your mod with the upcoming patch or is your mod support discontinued?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

WhatTheDuck wrote:Hi TheSAguy,

i m happy about your mod, with it my factorio experience was much better and challenging. Thanks for your good work.

Will you update your mod with the upcoming patch or is your mod support discontinued?
Hey WhatTheDuck,

Yes I am. I've not touched Factorio at all this year, but sounds like 0.15 is coming out pretty soon.
I plan to start playing then again and updating the mod at that point.

Could always use help and ideas though!

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

Hi,

nice to hear this. I will also start again with the upcoming patch and can give you feedback. In my last playthrough i think base raiding was hard enough, but the alien invasion to weak.

But with the upcoming difficulty settings we will need a default setting. Like default values + NE or only default values without your mod or something like this.

Greetings

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by TheSAguy »

V7.0.0 - Natural Evolution Enemies released for Factorio 0.15

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

Great! I couldnt wait for update. WIthout your mod it feels boring... Could you tell us when you update other parts, please?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Berkys32 wrote:Great! I couldnt wait for update. WIthout your mod it feels boring... Could you tell us when you update other parts, please?
I'm about done with NE Buildings, It's on Github now. Only thing that does not seem to be working is the Terraforming station.

With 0.14, I used the below to reduce the evolution factor of the game with my terraforming Stations:

Code: Select all

game.evolution_factor = game.evolution_factor - reduction
Where 'reduction' was a calculated value.

I updated this code to:

Code: Select all

game.forces.enemy.evolution_factor = game.forces.enemy.evolution_factor - reduction
But it does not seem to reduce the evolution. At least not according to EvoGUI.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

V7.0.0 - Natural Evolution Buildings released for Factorio 0.15

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Thank you for this interesting mod. :D

CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CopperBoltwire »

Sorry to be the one guy, but when can we (kinda) 'expect' NE:Ex to hit 0.15?

While NE:En is great, it just feels a tad bland without the Ex (Expansion) module.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

CopperBoltwire wrote:Sorry to be the one guy, but when can we (kinda) 'expect' NE:Ex to hit 0.15?

While NE:En is great, it just feels a tad bland without the Ex (Expansion) module.
This is a much harder one to convert, since people can adjust most of the starting parameters, including evolution factors and expansion factors.
So I need to take that into account.
I think I know what to do. Give me another week or so...

CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CopperBoltwire »

TheSAguy wrote:
CopperBoltwire wrote:Sorry to be the one guy, but when can we (kinda) 'expect' NE:Ex to hit 0.15?

This is a much harder one to convert, since people can adjust most of the starting parameters, including evolution factors and expansion factors.
So I need to take that into account.
I think I know what to do. Give me another week or so...
I demand that i demand in a very demanding way that... okay i honestly lost my train of thoughts once i got to the 3 dots :P
Was watching JackSepticEye on youtube as well while deciding to write this message/reply...
Anyway, i'm looking forward to the update ^_^

Also, here is a silly idea for a mod that totally would not really work in Factorio, but made me laugh a little to myself:

The biters dresses up in girl scout uniforms and tries to sell cookies, in hope they can trick past the automated defences built by the player(s),
so they can ruin the base from within and make the players day more salty.
Super stupid, but if it was possible, freaking funny at the same time...
Oh well, just some silliness for you to possibly be entertained by.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

N.E. Expansion is out!
From Evolution 0% to around 30% you will have an easier time than your current game setting and then from that point on wards it keeps getting harder and harder...
Enjoy!

Atatra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Atatra »

So currently it's impossible to build Structures from this mod due to the removal of alien artifacts. is a change coming? i'd suggest making them require depleted reactor fuel cells.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Atatra wrote:So currently it's impossible to build Structures from this mod due to the removal of alien artifacts. is a change coming? i'd suggest making them require depleted reactor fuel cells.
You could add NE Enemies and you'd have them back.
But I'll release an update next week to fix this.

AliceTheGorgon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AliceTheGorgon »

NE-Enemies probably shouldn't buff spawner health by anywhere near as much as it does. I just started a game with a spawner within screenview of my base (picture attached below), and found out that even 100 entire magazines of ammo leave the spawner with still about 95% full health.
For comparison, a vanilla spawner can be taken down completely with about 40 magazines of ammo, depending on how many defenders you have to kill before engaging it.

After clearing out the initial group of enemies near the spawner, I was never actually in any danger at all (since it was just one lone spawner), so the spawner itself wasn't any challenge or anything at that point, it was just a brick wall arbitrarily blocking me.

I should mention that the only things I had researched where turrets and military 1, and nothing else, so it's not like I was being complacent and letting the combat upgrades lag behind or anything.
And since it's so close, waiting 'till green science for military 2 (where piercing ammo is) isn't even an option. I'd probably need to spend 90% of my iron on ammo to deal with the constant attacks.
Attachments
Nearby Spawner.png
Nearby Spawner.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 6401 times

Return to “Mods”