[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.14.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.3.1

Post by TheSAguy »

doktorstick wrote:Will Big Brother's technologies for improved radar speeds create performance enhanced terraformers?
I honestly don't know. I don't think so, but have not tested with BB yet.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

V6.3.2 - Nerf Terraforming Station Deduction constant from 0.00025 to 0.0002.
My Evolution was going down way to fast in early game.

Added tech to upgrade T-Stations. You can now make the Terraforming stations more powerful through expensive research.

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doktorstick »

There's probably a bug with your Terraformer Mk 2 recipe. It's 50 purple flasks x 525... or 26250 purple flasks. :shock: Note that while I'm using Flux Extended mod, this is an upgrade mid-game and while Flux does increase the science costs, it doesn't do it by that much!

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doktorstick »

Terra Mk 3 is 60000 flasks whereas Alien Understanding 3 is 1050 flasks. I think because of the stack-size on purple flasks, the cost is exploded. I'll let the Flux author know, too. He may want to do something different in this situation.

See this post.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

doktorstick wrote:Terra Mk 3 is 60000 flasks whereas Alien Understanding 3 is 1050 flasks. I think because of the stack-size on purple flasks, the cost is exploded. I'll let the Flux author know, too. He may want to do something different in this situation.

See this post.
I can probably adjust mine. There are two numbers that affect the cost. I'm guessing I need to tweak one.
EDIT: Not much I can do here. Adjusting the Cost "Count" or "Quantity" has the same effect. The flux mod makes this very expensive...

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doktorstick »

TheSAguy wrote:
doktorstick wrote: I can probably adjust mine. There are two numbers that affect the cost. I'm guessing I need to tweak one.
EDIT: Not much I can do here. Adjusting the Cost "Count" or "Quantity" has the same effect. The flux mod makes this very expensive...
Oh snap. Thanks for looking into it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

V6.3.3 - NE Buildings: Tweak to T-Stations. Slightly less deduction early and more with higher Evo.
Tweak being used now.

grouchysmurf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grouchysmurf »

I am not really interested in new types of biters nor buildings but would like to try out new expansion AI. The question is though if with new expansion mechanism they added in 0.13, is there any difference between NE Expansion and vanilla?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

grouchysmurf wrote:I am not really interested in new types of biters nor buildings but would like to try out new expansion AI. The question is though if with new expansion mechanism they added in 0.13, is there any difference between NE Expansion and vanilla?
Definitely, NE Expansion is updated to use the new mechanics introduced in 0.13.
NE-Exp uses phases, There are 13 - Peace, Awakening, Phase 1-10 and Armageddon.

Each phase the expansion can get closer to your base and the expansion parties get bigger.
NE-Exp starts off easier than vanilla, but by Phase 3/4 it's passes vanilla and gets harder.

You also have the end game option that makes it very hard once you build a rocket silo.

doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doktorstick »

I've unzip'd all of the NE mods--NEB 6.3.3, NEEx 6.3.1, and NEE 6.3.1. There isn't a locale for the small-alien-artifact. This causes the item to be displayed as "unknown key: small-alien-artifact" for the name.

Code: Select all

$ find Natural_Evolution* -type f -name "*.cfg" | xargs grep -i small-alien-artifact

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

doktorstick wrote:I've unzip'd all of the NE mods--NEB 6.3.3, NEEx 6.3.1, and NEE 6.3.1. There isn't a locale for the small-alien-artifact. This causes the item to be displayed as "unknown key: small-alien-artifact" for the name.

Code: Select all

$ find Natural_Evolution* -type f -name "*.cfg" | xargs grep -i small-alien-artifact
Thanks, update posted. I'm so use to playing with Bob's and he probably had it in his :)

grouchysmurf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grouchysmurf »

TheSAguy wrote:You also have the end game option that makes it very hard once you build a rocket silo.
I asked because I tried your mod yesterday but then came to realization that they revised the expansion AI and wanted to be sure that vanilla and your mod do not interfere with each other. If they don't, as you say, I will keep on playing it. Thanks.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.14.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Post by iceman_1212 »

Hi there! Am a big fan of your mod - can't play without it actually :lol: (vanilla enemies are too boring now)

I saw there was new research added for the Terraforming Station. Just wanted to make sure that the cost of alien science packs was in fact intended to be 50 alien science packs per cycle - seems high... (image below). Not sure if it's a case of an accidental zero in the code so thought I'd check!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

iceman_1212 wrote:Hi there! Am a big fan of your mod - can't play without it actually :lol: (vanilla enemies are too boring now)

I saw there was new research added for the Terraforming Station. Just wanted to make sure that the cost of alien science packs was in fact intended to be 50 alien science packs per cycle - seems high... (image below). Not sure if it's a case of an accidental zero in the code so thought I'd check!
Yip it's expensive, very expensive, but intentional.
The T-Station is one of the most powerful buildings in the game and making it 25% stronger cost resources.

You now need to actively harvest the artifacts. Create collecting outposts. Use the thumper .

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

TheSAguy wrote:
iceman_1212 wrote:Hi there! Am a big fan of your mod - can't play without it actually :lol: (vanilla enemies are too boring now)

The T-Station is one of the most powerful buildings in the game and making it 25% stronger cost resources.

You now need to actively harvest the artifacts. Create collecting outposts. Use the thumper .
It's funny, I had finished setting up my "Alien Farm" just before making that post and I had very much underestimated how profitable it would be in terms of artifact generation :o

Was able to finish those researches quite fast

Here's my setup atm, if curious. (The locomotive is just a poor man's surveillance camera.) It's part of a no-bots play-through in conjunction with Bobs + Angels (including angel's processing which uses the colored alien artifact pieces for mineral processing). Sniper turrets + Uranium Rounds are rather OP (mostly the sniper turrets; am planning to post in bob's section about that) as you can see that my walls are undamaged despite not having construction bots. (I prefer to keep the bio ammo for personal use as it's even stronger :twisted: ) It's hard to tell from the image but i'm getting ~75% of a blue-belt worth of alien artifact pieces flowing constantly, which, when combined with bob's fast trains and massive cargo wagons, makes for phenomenal throughput.

(Btw, you can see on my HUD stats that I'm running Bio Industries as well - just need to hook the bio fuel into oil processing lines now. So many things to do! I love your mods.)

How many terraformers do you usually get in the late game? I have about 20 atm and they are seeming to exactly offset the evolution. I might get more to try to lower it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

iceman_1212 wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

It's funny, I had finished setting up my "Alien Farm" just before making that post and I had very much underestimated how profitable it would be in terms of artifact generation :o

Was able to finish those researches quite fast

Here's my setup atm, if curious. (The locomotive is just a poor man's surveillance camera.) It's part of a no-bots play-through in conjunction with Bobs + Angels (including angel's processing which uses the colored alien artifact pieces for mineral processing). Sniper turrets + Uranium Rounds are rather OP (mostly the sniper turrets; am planning to post in bob's section about that) as you can see that my walls are undamaged despite not having construction bots. (I prefer to keep the bio ammo for personal use as it's even stronger :twisted: ) It's hard to tell from the image but i'm getting ~75% of a blue-belt worth of alien artifact pieces flowing constantly, which, when combined with bob's fast trains and massive cargo wagons, makes for phenomenal throughput.

(Btw, you can see on my HUD stats that I'm running Bio Industries as well - just need to hook the bio fuel into oil processing lines now. So many things to do! I love your mods.)

How many terraformers do you usually get in the late game? I have about 20 atm and they are seeming to exactly offset the evolution. I might get more to try to lower it.
20 would be max. The return is very low at that stage.
Hey, I would love to see a save. Could you post your save and possibly mods to dropbox or something?

Thanks.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

TheSAguy wrote:20 would be max. The return is very low at that stage.
Hey, I would love to see a save. Could you post your save and possibly mods to dropbox or something?

Thanks.
Ah okay, I will remember for next time because I went up to 40 terraformers :lol:

Here's the save + my mod folder, lmk if it doesn't work for some reason:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t18miv7894ly9 ... e.rar?dl=0

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

iceman_1212 wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:20 would be max. The return is very low at that stage.

Thanks.
Ah okay, I will remember for next time because I went up to 40 terraformers :lol:

Here's the save + my mod folder, lmk if it doesn't work for some reason:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t18miv7894ly9 ... e.rar?dl=0
Man, that is one long rail :)

Mezmerro
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mezmerro »

Could you please add circuit support for all the radar-like entities in this mod, so they could be activated\deactivated on certain signal?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Mezmerro wrote:Could you please add circuit support for all the radar-like entities in this mod, so they could be activated\deactivated on certain signal?
Is there an example you could point out to me so I can see how it's done and I'll implement.

Return to “Mods”