[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.1.2

Post by orzelek »

TheSAguy wrote:V6.1.2 - New approach to keeping Rail save. (Thanks Veden). Terrain turns to desert when killing enemies on it. Oh, and don't kill any trees...
Let me know what you guys think of these changes.
Soo... the desert thing.. good that it has a config option. Terrain is broken enough as is - I'll test it and see how it goes.
I'm not sure how it will work with performance - what if enemies are dying by hundreds and each time it updates same desert to desert?

Can you also add amount of items picked by collector to config?

Also trick with rails is bound to mess up something - if train is pathing through that area funny things might happen.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mbattjes@gmail.com »

Buildings does not work as stand-alone. It requires damage-type Biological which is part of Enemies.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

mbattjes@gmail.com wrote:Buildings does not work as stand-alone. It requires damage-type Biological which is part of Enemies.
Thanks, fixed in V6.1.3.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

V6.1.3 - Rail Resistances added back. Artifact Collection quantity in Config now.
orzelek wrote: Soo... the desert thing.. good that it has a config option. Terrain is broken enough as is - I'll test it and see how it goes.
I'm not sure how it will work with performance - what if enemies are dying by hundreds and each time it updates same desert to desert?
There is a little performance hit with 100's attacking, but it looks cool. As you said, it's an option in the config and can be turned off. For the most part the performance hit is low and adds a little flavor.
orzelek wrote: Can you also add amount of items picked by collector to config?
Done
orzelek wrote: Also trick with rails is bound to mess up something - if train is pathing through that area funny things might happen.
Okay, so both options are there now. Like to see anything destroy rail now...

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.1.3

Post by Bizobinator »

So, I haven't played the end-game with this mod yet, and I have some questions about the biters once I build the silo. Someone said they start spawning bases inside your base. Is this a "magic" spawning? Or, do they have to have access to the location to go and set up a base?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Bizobinator wrote:So, I haven't played the end-game with this mod yet, and I have some questions about the biters once I build the silo. Someone said they start spawning bases inside your base. Is this a "magic" spawning? Or, do they have to have access to the location to go and set up a base?
My mod does not have spawners spawn inside your base. They might migrate there naturally, but I'm not forcing any magic spawns.
When you built the silo, I increase the evolution slightly every expansion phase and also send a ton of biters to attack the silo.

remy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by remy »

I'm also getting an error when loading the mod Natural_Evolution_Enemies_6.1.3. The only other mods are Natural_Evolution_Buildings_6.1.3, Natural_Evolution_Expansion_6.1.2 and Bio_Industries_1.2.8. It seems as though NEE assumes I have Bob's mod installed.

remy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by remy »

remy wrote:I'm also getting an error when loading the mod Natural_Evolution_Enemies_6.1.3. The only other mods are Natural_Evolution_Buildings_6.1.3, Natural_Evolution_Expansion_6.1.2 and Bio_Industries_1.2.8. It seems as though NEE assumes I have Bob's mod installed.

Nevermind. Should've read info that Natural Evolution needs bobenemies to work.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

remy wrote:
remy wrote:I'm also getting an error when loading the mod Natural_Evolution_Enemies_6.1.3. The only other mods are Natural_Evolution_Buildings_6.1.3, Natural_Evolution_Expansion_6.1.2 and Bio_Industries_1.2.8. It seems as though NEE assumes I have Bob's mod installed.

Nevermind. Should've read info that Natural Evolution needs bob enemies to work.
It should not need Bob's Enemies. I was looking at how Bob was doing his fire and left some code in there.
Fixed now.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.1.5

Post by TheSAguy »

V6.1.5 - NE Enemies - When a building get's destroyed, it catches fire. Also, killing enemies with Scorched Earth enabled won't cause landfill.

Murdersquish
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Murdersquish »

I have a question about: Pollution Evolution Factor 2.5x vanilla

Does this only come into play if an alien nest is polluted? I ask because I've currently been plodding along without pollution overlapping any alien colonies (only one is visible on radar and it's far away) and my evolution factor is just north of 25%.

I'm playing on the August Challenge map, which is an isolated island. I was surprised that the evolution was as high as it is given no interaction with aliens. I'm about 5-6 hours into the game.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Murdersquish wrote:I have a question about: Pollution Evolution Factor 2.5x vanilla

Does this only come into play if an alien nest is polluted? I ask because I've currently been plodding along without pollution overlapping any alien colonies (only one is visible on radar and it's far away) and my evolution factor is just north of 25%.

I'm playing on the August Challenge map, which is an isolated island. I was surprised that the evolution was as high as it is given no interaction with aliens. I'm about 5-6 hours into the game.
Well, my understanding of the game mechanics is that the evolution factor from pollution will only go up once a spawner absorbs the pollution.
My make makes it go up 2.5x times that of vanilla, once absorbed.

My mod does make pollution spread further, so that could account for it.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

TheSAguy wrote: Well, my understanding of the game mechanics is that the evolution factor from pollution will only go up once a spawner absorbs the pollution.
that's wrong, the polluntion created is counted. absorbed pollution only causes attacks
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Murdersquish
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Murdersquish »

Thanks to both of you for your information. Where is that tuning knob at in the config files (and which mod)? I want to knock it back down to probably 1x. I don't mind the increased challenge, but I don't want to rush my factory to compensate for it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Murdersquish wrote:Thanks to both of you for your information. Where is that tuning knob at in the config files (and which mod)? I want to knock it back down to probably 1x. I don't mind the increased challenge, but I don't want to rush my factory to compensate for it.
You can type:

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor = 0.000015

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

Could you by chance add a config option for the fire use?
I find it too hard to deal with or tell me where to disable it?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

There is in the config:

NE.Burning_Buildings = true
-- When an entity is destroyed, it will catch fire.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

TheSAguy wrote:There is in the config:

NE.Burning_Buildings = true
-- When an entity is destroyed, it will catch fire.
Thanks! due to that i noticed that I was a version behind or two found it

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

Short description wrote:Expansion now comes in Phases: Peacefull to Armageddron.
"Armageddron" is not how the valley of the apocalypse is spelled. I like it that way, please keep it :D

donkeystealing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by donkeystealing »

Maybe this has been answered many times and by many wiki posts but here goes:

I'm running a 13.15 version with latest natural evolution and standard settings on all mods (RSO, natural evolution, robot army etc.) and I can't get biters to expand. It worked as of 13.10 for me with default settings on all mods. What exactly prompts biters to expand and do they expand from the first minute? Running a sandbox map on 10 speed (6 hours ingame time has passed) at the moment with nothing but radar mk5 built to see how they expand and I have enemy expansion chunks enabled but they aren't expanding. I wiped out a few of the closests bases to see if it agitates them to expanding but so far nothing happens. Am I misunderstanding something but don't biters expand aggressively from the moment you begin the game?

Return to “Mods”