[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Ambrotosa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.0.4

Post by Ambrotosa »

Got this error when i think a player died or was getting killed he was afk in base and we where attacking a base away from the mainbase so i wasnt sure what happend but this was triggered before we got any death message.

10714.937 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:129: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the event handler: __Natural_Evolution_Enemies__/control.lua:201: attempt to index field 'character' (a nil value)"

getting this error with the following mods
http://paste.ee/p/EvrY4

Jools
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jools »

TheSAguy wrote:
Jools wrote:Im having another problems with this mod.

Mode: multiplayer
Players; 2
Mods: NE x3, RSO, EvoGui
Game versions: 0.13.0, 0.13.1, 0.13.2, 0.13.3, 0.13.4.
Issue:
1. Massive desyncs while joing to game (its stabilizing after 10-15 reloadings) and while game (few reloads to go).
2. Aliens fight each other in whole map, causing massive game speed drop (there are fights in every alien camp with mass poison clouds and small alien artifacts drops).
3. Game crashes after puting Terraforming Station on the ground (every time).

its barely playable. Mod is fun. It adds some hardcore elements to the game, which game lacks.
Guys,

Are you using the latest versions NE 6.0.4 and EvoGUI_0.4.103?
What you could try and let me know if that works is disable the Gui in my code. To do this, add "--" to lines 106 of NE Expansion and 359 of NE Buildings.
Should look like:

Code: Select all

---	 EvoGUI
	--	evo_gui:tick()

Please let me know if that helps.
Will it fix bitters attakc each other droping milions of small artifact across whole map causing massive lag and desyncs? It dosnt look like.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Jools wrote: Will it fix bitters attakc each other droping milions of small artifact across whole map causing massive lag and desyncs? It dosnt look like.
If biters drop artifacts when not killed by you/turrets etc then it's a game bug and it should be reported esp if you have a save that reproduces it easily.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Biters killing each other is weird.
That means their force are not the same.
I don't think my mod changes the force.
This mush have happened with one of the recent updates. I'll have to look into it, can't do it today or tomorrow though.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

TheSAguy wrote:Biters killing each other is weird.
That means their force are not the same.
I don't think my mod changes the force.
This mush have happened with one of the recent updates. I'll have to look into it, can't do it today or tomorrow though.
Well, I can confirm that I was this happen for myself now. Was just playing with NE Enemies, and at high Evo saw it happen.
Have still no clue why it is happening. Never happened in 0.12. Working on it and help would be appreciated.

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

I had a similar problem running just Bob's mods in .12. I think that enemies occasionally attack something that's in their way if they're stuck for a while which is a big problem for the spitters that leave fire or acid clouds. The clouds damage other spitters and cause them to fight each other.

Liquid5n0w
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liquid5n0w »

I'm getting a crash thats related to Evo GUI from the buildings mod. Playing a new game seems to have no problem, but if I try to load the game, I get it crash on load:

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x | 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.0.5

Post by TheSAguy »

NE Enemies V6.0.5 up.
Removed the poison cloud from Spitters. Hopefully this will prevent the civil war.
Also did a small tweak on when you kill a spawner and the biters attach. Hopefully will work better in MP.

EDIT:
V6.0.5 - NE Expansion: MP Compatibility Tweak. In Config, you have the option to set MP game or SP game.
If you set MP game, you will lose EVO_GUI. It might actually work in MP, so give it a try and if crash, set to MP game.

EDIT:
V6.0.5 - NE Buildings: MP Compatibility Tweak. In Config, you have the option to set MP game or SP game.
If you set MP game, you will lose EVO_GUI. It might actually work in MP, so give it a try and if crash, set to MP game.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Liquid5n0w wrote:I'm getting a crash thats related to Evo GUI from the buildings mod. Playing a new game seems to have no problem, but if I try to load the game, I get it crash on load:
Please give V6.0.5 a try.

Liquid5n0w
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liquid5n0w »

TheSAguy wrote:
Liquid5n0w wrote:I'm getting a crash thats related to Evo GUI from the buildings mod. Playing a new game seems to have no problem, but if I try to load the game, I get it crash on load:
Please give V6.0.5 a try.
I just tried it and I am still getting a crash from the buildings module when I turn on that MP fix (I am playing single player). I had updated when 6.0.5 wasn't yet out for buildings, trying it now.

EDIT: Working with the compatibility tweak for me now that I have buildings 6.0.5

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Soooo.... Every time my turrets fight aliens, I get a big blotch of pollution there....
Is that just from shooting? Or from killing aliens? Is that normal? Which of my bajillion mods is likely causing this? :shock:

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Bizobinator wrote:Soooo.... Every time my turrets fight aliens, I get a big blotch of pollution there....
Is that just from shooting? Or from killing aliens? Is that normal? Which of my bajillion mods is likely causing this? :shock:
NE does not add pollution for killing enemies.
One of your other mods.

tonsrd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tonsrd »

I played a recent 0.13 game with NE 6.0.5 ( all of ur mods ) after 6hours in a map I was locked in by biters.

Are biters expanding faster in your mod in .13 compared to .12.22 ( ive played with ur mod before but it feels even harder in 13 than in 12. )
I was able to expand in the past before getting locked in by expanding biters now im locked in and hammered until I run out of ammo/iron

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

tonsrd wrote:I played a recent 0.13 game with NE 6.0.5 ( all of ur mods ) after 6hours in a map I was locked in by biters.

Are biters expanding faster in your mod in .13 compared to .12.22 ( ive played with ur mod before but it feels even harder in 13 than in 12. )
I was able to expand in the past before getting locked in by expanding biters now im locked in and hammered until I run out of ammo/iron
The expansion mechanics in 0.13 has changed slightly, search "Victory Poles" for more info on how. Not NE, but the base game.
Remember that NE is meant to be a challenge... have to focus on war tech and expand before you're out of iron :)

Hopefully your death won't be in vain and others can learn from your mistakes :)

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

Playing NE for the first time. Also have Bob's set and RSO. NE is pretty brutal even at 23% evo - expansions are going up almost within sniper turret range and even if I clear them out they're back in greater numbers five minutes later.

It's kind of a grind, to be honest. Read through the code and don't see a way to really config the expansion rate. So, feature request: could you make most of the values in Natural_Evolution_Expansion_Settings get affected by some new config settings? Might send you a pull request, actually. Your code is pretty straightforward and self-documenting.

I'm currently trying to build rail out a thousand squares or so to get to my first gold deposit (no gold = no modules or modular armor) so without shields I'm limited to sniper turret creep, and there's something like 10 spawners per screen...

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

Oh, also, I'd love it if you could increase the radius of Artifact Collectors, either by default or via tech. I'd like to get them up to 80x80 or so they outrange sniper and flame turrets.

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

In control.lua for Expansion, is this code supposed to be in the Expansion_State == "Peaceful" block? I don't quite understand what it's doing but it doesn't seem like it really applies to Peaceful mode.

if game.evolution_factor > 0.05 then
				if global.Natural_Evolution_state == "Awakening" then
					game.evolution_factor = game.evolution_factor		
				else
				-- Each time a Phase is triggered, the Evolution Factor is decreased slightly, just during the Phase.						

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bonesbro wrote:Oh, also, I'd love it if you could increase the radius of Artifact Collectors, either by default or via tech. I'd like to get them up to 80x80 or so they outrange sniper and flame turrets.
Open control.lua and you'll find what you need at start of the file.
You can change the range, frequency and amount of items collected per check. I'm using 50 there usually which gives 100x100 range around the chest. Preview won't update tho.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

bonesbro wrote:In control.lua for Expansion, is this code supposed to be in the Expansion_State == "Peaceful" block? I don't quite understand what it's doing but it doesn't seem like it really applies to Peaceful mode.

if game.evolution_factor > 0.05 then
				if global.Natural_Evolution_state == "Awakening" then
					game.evolution_factor = game.evolution_factor		
				else
				-- Each time a Phase is triggered, the Evolution Factor is decreased slightly, just during the Phase.						

Each time the expansion phases change, except for Peaceful and Awakening, there is a small evolution deduction (as a reward for surviving it)
If you have EvoGui installed, I have a counter that shows you how much deduction has happened in total.

I'll take a look at your code if you want me to. Remember that it's suppose to be hard and if you lose you need to think, Ah next time i need to do this and that before I get stuck like that.

Hope you're playing with Bio-Industries. There is a Bio Cannon in there that really helps with expansion.
I do appreciate the feedback!

bonesbro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bonesbro »

I'll have a pull request to you after I do some testing. Mostly I've just refactored the values in Natural_Evolution_SetExpansionLevel to local variables instead of hardcoded values. Then there are new config settings that can adjust the values before they're applied. The config settings default to no change. Only tweak I made was to min_Base_Spacing during Awakening: it was 3 but based on values for the early Phases it looked like it should have been 5.

I also added a config setting to allow optional extra minutes of peaceful time after each transition out of the expansion state. Default is zero, but I'm probably going to try it at 5 in my game, as well as halving the expansion rate.

I am using Bio Industries but I don't think I can tech up to the cannon. It needs circuits which require gold which I'm trying to expand to get.

Return to “Mods”