[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.3.2

Post by Raught19 »

EDIT: I'm silly. you didn't break Alien Control stations. They just are named as different items now.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Shrooblord wrote:Yes, that worked TheSAguy! Out of curiosity, what is different about these graphics as opposed to the ones provided in the original download of the mod?
Someone posted a re-skined artifact, one of those New Icon Mods, and I gave it a try.
I'm going to change it out with the next release, to the Better Icon version. The current one is a little to bright.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Proposal for 0.13.

Is anyone interested in playing a game with the same mods and map settings / string?
I was thinning I'd list my Mods I'm using and having a discussion on what other mods to add and what mods to drop and the reasons for each.
We might not agree on all, but at least we could end up with a very similar gaming experience. Though, 0.13 will have a lot of code breaking updates, so it might be a while before all current mods are updated.

Anyways, here my Mods:

Code: Select all

All Bobs:
- bobassembly
- bobconfig
- bobelectronics
- bobenemies
- boblibrary
- boblogistics
- bobmining
- bobmodules
- bobores
- bobplates
- bobpower
- bobtech
- bobwarfare
Natural_Evolution_Buildings - Default settings
Natural_Evolution_Enemies - - Default settings so on Hard
Natural_Evolution_Expansion- Default settings - so harder endgame and double science cost.
rso-mod - Need to discuss settings. I think the start is a little too rich
Swarm
VanillaEx
Hive_Buster
Hunting_Grounds
Bio_Farm - Wood Production
Warehousing - The mod I use for large storage
InterfaceChest / Single-Splitter - Probably don't need both, like the belt load balancer

Graphic Updates and Helper Mods:
Enhanced_Map_Colors
EvoGUI
WaiTex
ExtraChests - mainly for the updated Bob's graphics
upgrade-planner
Landfill
FARL
advanced-logistics-system - needed?
prospect - Probably not needed
FactorioMaps - I create maps with this for review when I can't play.
Thoughts?

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

TheSAguy wrote:Proposal for 0.13.

Is anyone interested in playing a game with the same mods and map settings / string?
I was thinning I'd list my Mods I'm using and having a discussion on what other mods to add and what mods to drop and the reasons for each.
We might not agree on all, but at least we could end up with a very similar gaming experience. Though, 0.13 will have a lot of code breaking updates, so it might be a while before all current mods are updated.

Anyways, here my Mods:

Thoughts?
Right now our mod lists look very similar, I just haven't tried a playthrough with Bob's other mods (besides enemies) I will be soon though.

I just started using your Biofarm mod, and its pretty awesome! I'm trying out hive buster now.

For Natural Evolution's config I keep everything hard, besides Harder Endgame, and harder science cost. Because I already play with my map settings as Very Low on resources, Very Rich on quality, and when I tried that with harder science it ate all of my resources before I could even research trains! lol

Harder end-game is turned off only because I like my games to be able to last forever.

I'm going to try out the Warehouse mod next as well, that looks pretty cool!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

This set looks like subset of mine.
I did use marathon this time but after 90h I got a bit bored. Next time without it for sure.

I do use some other mods that give longer underground belts, BigBrother for radars and some other small nice to have tools. Haven't used Hunting Grounds yet.

I'm not going anywhere without science cost tweaking mod. Usually using science tweaker with standard beakers and cost multipliers.
I do plan my 0.13 with BigBags and full set of angels mods plus loots of biters :D

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Raught19 wrote: Right now our mod lists look very similar, I just haven't tried a playthrough with Bob's other mods (besides enemies) I will be soon though.
Warning though, Once you go Bob, there's no going back....

Raught19 wrote: I just started using your Biofarm mod, and its pretty awesome! I'm trying out hive buster now.
Cool!
Raught19 wrote: For Natural Evolution's config I keep everything hard, besides Harder Endgame, and harder science cost. Because I already play with my map settings as Very Low on resources, Very Rich on quality, and when I tried that with harder science it ate all of my resources before I could even research trains! lol

Harder end-game is turned off only because I like my games to be able to last forever.
I think this is where we differ the most. Here I think Orzelek and my play stiles are more similar.

I want to play a game where you explore and find new resouces spanning great distances. Hence I play with RSO and resources on very low. "Science cost" help a lot with this IMO. Since you do need more resources to create all that research.
Not sure how you can't get to rail.... you need to plan better. As I mentioned, I think that the starting resources are probably 2x as high as they should be.

As for "Harder Endgame": I I consider the game done after I launch the rocket. So I want to game to build-up and you have to be ready and prepared to get off this planet. So once you build the rocket silo you get waves of attacks and the cost of components are higher, so the time from building the silo to launching is longer. It's like an action moving ending, just before the biters overrun our base you escape in the rocket :)

Raught19 wrote: I'm going to try out the Warehouse mod next as well, that looks pretty cool!
Warehouse comes in very handy for large storage. I also like using them at my train stations:
Station
orzelek wrote:This set looks like subset of mine.
I did use marathon this time but after 90h I got a bit bored. Next time without it for sure.
Glad you said this, since I was considering it. It's a fine line between Expanding and having fun, vs just tedium...
orzelek wrote: I do use some other mods that give longer underground belts, BigBrother for radars and some other small nice to have tools. Haven't used Hunting Grounds yet.
Could you post your mod list. I'd like a good underground extender.
BigBrother looked good and I'll be adding that.
Hunting Grounds adds some nice weapon upgrades and feels like a natural upgrade.
Just started using VanillaEx, since it was needed by Hunting Grounds. It does have some overlap with Bob's...But pretty minimal, so not game breaking.
orzelek wrote: I'm not going anywhere without science cost tweaking mod. Usually using science tweaker with standard beakers and cost multipliers.
Okay, so I take it you're using science cost tweaking mod and not using NE's cost tweaks, correct?
I agree that for me, a cost increase is a must. I was even thinking of making my cost 3x. I'll have to re-visit science cost tweaking mod and see what it does differently again.

Again, I want a very challenging game, with an element of exploring. Needing to find the next ore field before you're current one runs out. Hence I thought that the Prospect mod was so great, but with all the radars, it's not as great as I'd love it to have been. since I've have more of the map revealed than I could ever use.
orzelek wrote: I do plan my 0.13 with BigBags and full set of angels mods plus loots of biters :D
Not familiar with BigBags, will have to check it out.

I think this is a good start.
BTW, this is my current map settings. I think maybe a little less water for 0.13. What changes do you guys think.
Attachments
Map Settings
Map Settings
Map.png (475.41 KiB) Viewed 6565 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I've attached my mods list.

For science costs I'm using ScienceCostTweaker with science pack config set to noadjustement. And for marathon I reduced the multipliers a bit - without marathon I'm using default ones. They go up to 10 I think by default for higher tier science.

VanillaEx I did not try due to using bob's already - same with Hunting Ground. I'm thinking about Compact Factory with some stuff disabled to reduce the overlap with bob's logistics.
Mod with longer belts is named UpGrade and should be around here somewhere.

BigBags might be slightly cheaty since it's stack and ammo magazine increase - I'm using stack factor 3 and mag factor 6. Might be a bit op but I do like longer usage on magazines. No need to sink tons of resurces into ammo and can live without lasers just on snipers and normal turrets. Stack sizes were really helpful with marathon - only drawback is lots of plates in furnaces.

As for your map settings - setting up frequency like that doesn't change anything :) Enemy bases will wrok all the others will cancel out since frequency is relative. Very good richness is x4 - I'm usually playing with config set to x2 for global and starting stuff.
Attachments
mods.txt
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Raught19
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Raught19 »

TheSAguy wrote: BTW, this is my current map settings. I think maybe a little less water for 0.13. What changes do you guys think.

Ours isn't too different, my only difference with your map settings is I set all my resources to Very Small. I do the same thing though, requiring huge railways and building factories.

The only difference is its true, I don't want an end. The rocket for me, I usually skip, but I'm thinking of trying Ion Cannon to give it a purpose. I like to play infinitely and just keep building a bigger factory :)

I also play with Terrain Segment on low, because I love huge biomes :)

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

after some reading i realize you know about this i hope you can fix it

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

XBBX wrote:Image
Thanks for the report.
Can you please tell me what you were doing when this happened?
I assume it was MP?

Thanks

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TheSAguy wrote:
XBBX wrote:Image
Thanks for the report.
Can you please tell me what you were doing when this happened?
I assume it was MP?

Thanks
My feeling is that he was in a) sandbox mode or b) dead in MP or something similar to those two.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Will release today.
Postal seems down. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix above.
Thanks.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jools
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jools »

Thanks for such rapid update. But, shouldnt version change? Since its only uptade to actuall game version. Increasing version number from 5.3 to 6.0 sugests bunch new features, which can be missleading.

Jools
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jools »

TheSAguy wrote:Will release today.
Postal seems down. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix above.
Thanks.
Hey, where are links to your updated mod? I've save with this mod and im looking forward to continue it.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

They are on the Mod Portal now!

NE Expansion
NE Enemies
NE Buildings

Please use those.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

TheSAguy wrote:They are on the Mod Portal now!

NE Expansion
NE Enemies
NE Buildings

Please use those.
:? forum link not update?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.0.1

Post by TheSAguy »

OP updated with Version 0.13 Mods.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 6.0.2

Post by mbattjes@gmail.com »

thanks for .13 versions.
Any experience with using Marathon and this mod? Since everything takes much longer I suppose maybe some changes to time would be needed, or perhaps a larger starting area with RSO?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

mbattjes@gmail.com wrote:thanks for .13 versions.
Any experience with using Marathon and this mod? Since everything takes much longer I suppose maybe some changes to time would be needed, or perhaps a larger starting area with RSO?
The only change I'd make is to set NE.ScienceCost, from True to False in NE_Evolution Config file.

But other than that they will work well together. But be prepared for a long hard game though...

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mbattjes@gmail.com »

TheSAguy wrote: The only change I'd make is to set NE.ScienceCost, from True to False in NE_Evolution Config file.

But other than that they will work well together. But be prepared for a long hard game though...
Yeah thats what i did as well, and i turned harder end game off because it doubles rocket part costs, which are already crazy enough with just Marathon.

Return to “Mods”