[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.2.2

Post by XBBX »

I think i found bug i tried to change pollution factor and nothing is changing biters evolve at same speed
data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].pollution_factor = 10
and confing needs update
-- POLLUTION: Quadruple the vanilla Pollution Evolution, so don't pollute! From 0.00003 to 0.00006

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

Hiya, I'm really, REALLY, loving your mod, It's added a ton of difficulty, and I've been caught off-guard/instakilled by so many worms on accident my friends are thinking I'm doing it on purpose. However, I have two questions for you that I could use help with.

First, How do I re-enable rails on the map, without letting biters attack them? I have a challenge/playstyle I love where I can only have one type of process in one base, before i need to seperate it by train (For instance, ores-to-plates only in base A (including metal mixing), then Plates and other similar products to subproducts in base B, Final products in Base C, Research in base D, etc.) I also have a mod that adds on-map markers similar to the rail system's naming process, and these are also blocked by this feature. I'd rather not have to deal with repairing my rails every minute on top of all my poor laser turrets xD

Secondly, How do I change how many mini-artifacts are needed for a big one? I liked bob's 25->1 recipe better, but I cannot figure out how to change it back...

Thank you very much for this mod!

*EDIT* If it's not too much, one last question. What does this mean exactly? *see attached screenshot*
Attachments
Evolution..PNG
Evolution..PNG (2.4 KiB) Viewed 5545 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

For the rails - there is a config option named NE.SafeRail in enemies mod - you need to set it to false. (Not sure whats the default value on it since I have it at false) After you change it rails won't appear back - you'll need to call rechart:

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.surface.rechart()
Artifact recipe is in prototypes/Extra_Loot folder in recipe.lua - you can change it there if you want.

Evolution phases are how angry biters are - from what I remember they go till 9 or 10.

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

orzelek wrote:For the rails - there is a config option named NE.SafeRail in enemies mod - you need to set it to false. (Not sure whats the default value on it since I have it at false) After you change it rails won't appear back - you'll need to call rechart:

Artifact recipe is in prototypes/Extra_Loot folder in recipe.lua - you can change it there if you want.

Evolution phases are how angry biters are - from what I remember they go till 9 or 10.
I don't want to disable the safe rails because of:
Captain Taz wrote: How do I re-enable rails on the map, without letting biters attack them? I have a challenge/playstyle I love where I can only have one type of process in one base, before i need to seperate it by train [...] I'd rather not have to deal with repairing my rails every minute on top of all my poor laser turrets xD
As for the recipe and evolution phase though, thank you kindly ^-^ I should prolly avoid pissing them off while I try to make my bases o_o

*Edit* I changed the recipe to 25, however it still says 100 in-game and still takes 100..... is there something else I need to change? (it's overwriting bob's if that makes any difference)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Captain Taz wrote:
orzelek wrote:For the rails - there is a config option named NE.SafeRail in enemies mod - you need to set it to false. (Not sure whats the default value on it since I have it at false) After you change it rails won't appear back - you'll need to call rechart:

Captain Taz wrote: How do I re-enable rails on the map, without letting biters attack them? I have a challenge/playstyle I love where I can only have one type of process in one base, before i need to seperate it by train [...] I'd rather not have to deal with repairing my rails every minute on top of all my poor laser turrets xD
As for the recipe and evolution phase though, thank you kindly ^-^ I should prolly avoid pissing them off while I try to make my bases o_o

*Edit* I changed the recipe to 25, however it still says 100 in-game and still takes 100..... is there something else I need to change? (it's overwriting bob's if that makes any difference)
Small clarification about rails - if you disable that they still get 100% resistances which means they are not damagable (except by few types of bob's mod enemies that do other types of damage). So they won't get destroyed altho you might have spitter thats trying to demolish them stuck on attacking same rail.

As for recipe - only chaning it in the mod won't update already running game. You need to reload recipes to do that:

/c game.local_player.force.reset_recipes()

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

orzelek wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:

Small clarification about rails - if you disable that they still get 100% resistances which means they are not damagable (except by few types of bob's mod enemies that do other types of damage). So they won't get destroyed altho you might have spitter thats trying to demolish them stuck on attacking same rail.

As for recipe - only chaning it in the mod won't update already running game. You need to reload recipes to do that:

/c game.local_player.force.reset_recipes()
Ah, thank you for that command, fixed it right up!

As for the rails, guess I'll chance it then. My evolution rate is going down thanks to the Evelution reducer things (I think they're too cheap, but it might just be because I disabled the crazy pollution bonus for the time being in order to actually play xD)

*EDIT* Got an error when using the rechart command... I'm not LUA-savvy at all/I have no clue how it works, so I'm probably missing something really simple...
Attachments
Rechart.PNG
Rechart.PNG (17.5 KiB) Viewed 5517 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Sorry that was the wrong command - it's this one:

/c game.local_player.force.rechart()

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

orzelek wrote:Sorry that was the wrong command - it's this one:

Yep, that worked! Thanks a ton for all your help :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

XBBX wrote:I think i found bug i tried to change pollution factor and nothing is changing biters evolve at same speed
data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].pollution_factor = 10
and confing needs update
-- POLLUTION: Quadruple the vanilla Pollution Evolution, so don't pollute! From 0.00003 to 0.00006
Not a bug,
Changes only affect new games.
What you can do is run a console command to change the value. Something like:

/c game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor = 0.00003
Captain Taz wrote:
orzelek wrote:Sorry that was the wrong command - it's this one:

Yep, that worked! Thanks a ton for all your help :)
Thanks Orzelek for the responses!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:(
Attachments
bandicam 2016-05-16 00-36-19-020.jpg
bandicam 2016-05-16 00-36-19-020.jpg (107.11 KiB) Viewed 5498 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Airat9000 wrote::(
Did you change anything on the mod?
I just downloaded that module and it works fine. I remember once getting that error when I was changing values in the mod, but can't remember what I was doing.
Try re-downloading it.

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

Hate to be a nag again, but my artifact collectors just stopped working... new ones I place won't gather as well as old ones... it literally just stopped dead while I'm mid-battle turret creeping....

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Captain Taz wrote:Hate to be a nag again, but my artifact collectors just stopped working... new ones I place won't gather as well as old ones... it literally just stopped dead while I'm mid-battle turret creeping....
If you could send me a save with your mods I could look. That' be very helpful. I've never had it happen to myself, but have heard of this happening before.
Also, there are some alternative item collector mods out there you can try.

RemTM
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RemTM »

Gonna link this here as I am fairly positive that my collection of mods should still have Natural Evolution taking care of the evolution rate...

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... tion_rate/

I would upload my modpack and save file, but my net is terrible at best (thanks Australia), so uploading anything larger than 10MB is not happening. =(

On the other hand, I do list all the mods I'm using in that reddit post, and I'm fairly confident that making a new world will have this issue, yet loading an old world won't have the issue.

Let me know your thoughts on what exactly is happening here, cause while I like building my factory in peace, it isn't really exciting and effectively makes your mod and any other "harder biters" mod I've installed completely useless.

Captain Taz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Captain Taz »

TheSAguy wrote:
Captain Taz wrote:Hate to be a nag again, but my artifact collectors just stopped working... new ones I place won't gather as well as old ones... it literally just stopped dead while I'm mid-battle turret creeping....
If you could send me a save with your mods I could look. That' be very helpful. I've never had it happen to myself, but have heard of this happening before.
Certainly, All the mods in the mod folder are enabled (and there are a bunch of them.) Do note the world is a biiit.... dangerous. There should be a plane in the spawn base you can use to fly around and inspect the artifact collectors, they're all around pretty much any of my walls. There are also laser turrets and power poles should you want to field test yourself, although using the plane to lead the biters back would probably be easier.

New modland (my world) has been attached below. *Edit* actually attached the correct world version.. xD

The Mods folder, however, was too big for the forum to handle (and my google drive x_x), so I put it on my mediafire instead. Apologies for the hassle, but you should be able to download it from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/znh28 ... t/mods.zip

If you would prefer to download the mods yourself from their sources for safety reasons, I've provided a list of them (though it wont save my configs...)
Attachments
New Modland.zip
(11.96 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
.....8.PNG
.....8.PNG (63.71 KiB) Viewed 5570 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

RemTM wrote:Gonna link this here as I am fairly positive that my collection of mods should still have Natural Evolution taking care of the evolution rate...

I would upload my modpack and save file, but my net is terrible at best (thanks Australia), so uploading anything larger than 10MB is not happening. =(

On the other hand, I do list all the mods I'm using in that reddit post, and I'm fairly confident that making a new world will have this issue, yet loading an old world won't have the issue.

Let me know your thoughts on what exactly is happening here, cause while I like building my factory in peace, it isn't really exciting and effectively makes your mod and any other "harder biters" mod I've installed completely useless.
RemTM,

Did you change any of the Evolution Affecting attributes in Natural_Evolution_Expansion - data-final-fixes.lua (or Config):

if NEConfig.EvolutionFactor then
	if (not NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar) or (NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar and NEConfig.DyTechWar_Evo_override) then
		-- TIME: Only 75% of vanilla
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every second (60 ticks). Default = 0.000004
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor = 0.000003

-- POLLUTION: Four times the vanilla Pollution Evolution, so don't pollute!
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for 1000 PU. Default = 0.000015          
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].pollution_factor = 0.00006

-- KILLING EMENY SPAWNERS: 10% of vanilla. You are going to kill a lot more bases...
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every destroyed spawner. Default = 0.002
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].destroy_factor = 0.0002

end
end

The above code will run if you don't have DyTech, (does not look like you do), or did not disable it in the config.
Currently Natural_Evolution_Expansion punishes a person a lot for polluting. Do you have a 'green' factory? Meaning very low pollution producing. Using mods that remove pollution or a lot of solar power vs. steam?

The module Natural_Evolution_Buildings adds a building "Terraforming_Station" that reduces the evolution factor. But it should not be OP, unless you have almost zero pollution.

Thew above two things is what N.E. does to evolution factor. You have a lot of mods, not sure if any other adds stuff that could affect Evolution.

Let me know what you find.

P.S. You have a very old version of Bio-farm, get the new one :)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Captain Taz wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

New modland (my world) has been attached below. *Edit* actually attached the correct world version.. xD
Thanks Captain Taz,
Let me see if I can find what's causing this issue.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You can try with attached control.lua and see if it changes anything.
It's modified to make collectors check 6 times slower and pick up to 6 items per check.
It's mainly performance optimization (I'm using them with doubled radius also).
Attachments
control.lua
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

TheSAguy wrote:
RemTM wrote:Gonna link this here as I am fairly positive that my collection of mods should still have Natural Evolution taking care of the evolution rate...

RemTM,

Did you change any of the Evolution Affecting attributes in Natural_Evolution_Expansion - data-final-fixes.lua (or Config):

if NEConfig.EvolutionFactor then
	if (not NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar) or (NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar and NEConfig.DyTechWar_Evo_override) then
		-- TIME: Only 75% of vanilla
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every second (60 ticks). Default = 0.000004
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor = 0.000003

-- POLLUTION: Four times the vanilla Pollution Evolution, so don't pollute!
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for 1000 PU. Default = 0.000015          
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].pollution_factor = 0.00006

-- KILLING EMENY SPAWNERS: 10% of vanilla. You are going to kill a lot more bases...
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every destroyed spawner. Default = 0.002
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].destroy_factor = 0.0002

end
end

The above code will run if you don't have DyTech, (does not look like you do), or did not disable it in the config.
Currently Natural_Evolution_Expansion punishes a person a lot for polluting. Do you have a 'green' factory? Meaning very low pollution producing. Using mods that remove pollution or a lot of solar power vs. steam?

The module Natural_Evolution_Buildings adds a building "Terraforming_Station" that reduces the evolution factor. But it should not be OP, unless you have almost zero pollution.

Thew above two things is what N.E. does to evolution factor. You have a lot of mods, not sure if any other adds stuff that could affect Evolution.

Let me know what you find.

P.S. You have a very old version of Bio-farm, get the new one :)
RemTM,

I looked at your mod list again and I see you're playing with Toxic Jungle 0.0.2. Trees absorb pollution, so you're probably generating very little to no pollution with all those trees.
So if you have any Terraforming_Station built, you will probably be reducing the Evo rate as a result, since you are in effect playing very green, as a result of those millions of trees.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

orzelek wrote:You can try with attached control.lua and see if it changes anything.
It's modified to make collectors check 6 times slower and pick up to 6 items per check.
It's mainly performance optimization (I'm using them with doubled radius also).
Thanks Orzelek, always love to receive performance tweaks!

Return to “Mods”