[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution v5.0.4 - All things Alien!

Post by orzelek »

reddutton wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
reddutton wrote:question here does this mod modify /change the behavior of the expansion chunk canadated for biters spawns? i am running mod verson 4.3.0 on 12.10 and when working in my base have the chunk active for expansion in the middle of my base
Yes, the higher the evolution factor, the closer they can expand to your base. At very high evo it's 0, so no restrictions.
should this be the case after the removal of the mod as well? or only with the mod enabled?
It will remain after mod removal potentially. Mod modifies biter behavior by editing biter ai behavior parameters and they persist after save.

phuszar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by phuszar »

Hi,
I found a bug regarding Natural Evolution Enemies and rail dipslay on the map:
bug2.jpg
bug2.jpg (240.18 KiB) Viewed 9065 times
It can be easily fixed by adding the "player-creation" flag to the 123. and 124. lines in the data-updates.lua file.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

phuszar wrote:Hi,
I found a bug regarding Natural Evolution Enemies and rail dipslay on the map:

It can be easily fixed by adding the "player-creation" flag to the 123. and 124. lines in the data-updates.lua file.
Thanks Phuszar. I tried to make it that biters won't attack rails, so I removed the "player-creation" flag, unfortunatly it caused some unforseen complications like not showing up on the map if you don't have radar and also not able to place rails using blue prints.

As you siad, easily fixed by or adding the flag, or just commenting out lines 123 and 124: [urlhttp://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 60#p115991]noted here[/url]

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 11.25.15

Post by TheSAguy »

Version 5.0.5 of Enemies is up.
2 Small tweaks.

1. I tried to make it that biters won't attack rails, so I removed the "player-creation" flag, unfortunately it caused some unforeseen complications like not showing up on the map if you don't have radar and also not able to place rails using blue prints. So removed my tweak I made to the rails.

2. Should fix the MP crash for attacking disconnected players. (Not tested, I don't play MP, so let me know if this fixes it.)

Eitelkeit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eitelkeit »

Trying to load MP savegame started in 12.17 on 12.19 version of factorio, returns this.
Новый точечный рисунок.jpg
Новый точечный рисунок.jpg (384.83 KiB) Viewed 9022 times
I'm also playing with bob's mods and had to delete natural enemies, as it was causing crash, when you reach 57% of evolution, unfortunately, i have no log of this left.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

@Eitelkeit Fix that by changing line 353 in the Building control.lua file from this:

Code: Select all

if player.character then
To be this and see if this fixes it:

Code: Select all

if player.connected and player.character then

alduin235
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alduin235 »

is there a way to reduce the aggression range of the biters? I have orbital ion cannon installed and every time i used the cannon, there are biters from bases that are not affected by the blast zoning on me. It get annoying really quick when i returned to my base and had biters attacking my base. I also noticed some biters do not have the walking animation for some reasons.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

If you kill a spawner, the surrounding enemies will attack. Thats part of the mod and can't really be turned off.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.0.5

Post by TheSAguy »

Update 5.0.5.
Just updated Buildings and Expansion for MP.
Added Disconnect player check.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

TheSAguy wrote:If you kill a spawner, the surrounding enemies will attack. Thats part of the mod and can't really be turned off.
Don't they aggro on the spot of the destroyed spawners? Why would they aggro on his base? Or does the angry mob just get to the destroyed spawner, find nothing there to eat, and revert to the regular "we're in a group to kill stuff" AI and go find something to kill?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Timeslice wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:If you kill a spawner, the surrounding enemies will attack. Thats part of the mod and can't really be turned off.
Don't they aggro on the spot of the destroyed spawners? Why would they aggro on his base? Or does the angry mob just get to the destroyed spawner, find nothing there to eat, and revert to the regular "we're in a group to kill stuff" AI and go find something to kill?
True, if you kill a spawner, the surrounding biters will attack you. Also, if you have a rocket silo built, they will attack.
I've never used the Ion Cannon, so not 100% what it does.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Basically every two minutes (configurable) each orbital cannon you've launched will allow you to click anywhere on the map to cause a large explosion dealing massive damage. I'm not sure if the biters even care about the source, but I have no idea who the cannon's damage actually "belongs to". The ion cannons are payload for rockets, so you have to have a silo built to launch them.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

I have a game with 2 days of play in it and the artifact collectors have stopped working, they do not gather artifacts, they just seem to act like normal logistics chests now. Nothing in the log.

EDIT: Also, is the biological ammo a bit overpowered? Compared to, say, Bob's Mods Cordite ammo line it still does significantly more damage than any of those and they take significantly more processing to acquire, I can single shot any creature but behemoths with the biological ammo from Natural Evolution, which take two shots, and spawners take 3...

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

OvermindDL1 wrote:Also, is the biological ammo a bit overpowered? Compared to, say, Bob's Mods Cordite ammo line it still does significantly more damage than any of those and they take significantly more processing to acquire, I can single shot any creature but behemoths with the biological ammo from Natural Evolution, which take two shots, and spawners take 3...
I made a conscious decision not to use it due to it being too good.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Question: I'm using this mod in conjunction with the "total warfare" mod, and I have the feeling that they both up the difficulty. Spawners are impossible to kill except with laser turrets or alien ammo, the artillery from total warfare seems to make hardly a dent - I have the feeling that they are highly resistant to explosion damage? In (late) mid game they are spawning so quickly that I just don't know how to kill a base except by creeping up with laser turrets (which is just lame).

Is there any advice on using both mods simultaneously? Can I disable either mod mid-game?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

vanatteveldt wrote:In (late) mid game they are spawning so quickly that I just don't know how to kill a base except by creeping up with laser turrets (which is just lame).
Spam Orbital Ion Cannons? :D

Mr.YaR
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mr.YaR »

Hello!

I ve started playing factorio directly with natural evolution, marathon mod and some other mods.
I dropped marathon mod, as it makes things a bit too long to learn how things work.

What s a lot of pollution? My base produces around 2.5, 3k of pollution.
Whats a big evolutuion rate? I lived till 75% last game.

Some advice needed:
I died first time from medium biter, had minimal defence, didn t know that it could so brutally fell.
Since that, i afspted to medium biter and now got several times down by big biter(3+ and other smaller biters are enough to kill gun turret spam.
Since then, i survive some waves of big bitter(gun turret with ammo boxes spam)
Managed to get 20 chemical labs working and will try lazer turret spam this game.

I suppose i need better optimization

PS: Thanks you master Natural Evolution creator!!!! I once launched a gamr without it by mistake and almost died from boredom!

dreadxx990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dreadxx990 »

Hello, I'm not sure if its not work this one so it seem bug?
can you help me about this one?

ThankImage

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

When a spawner dies the mod iterates all players and sends all nearby biters to said players to them. Thus when any player blows up a biter, all other players get swarmed as well, no matter where they are. Shouldn't it be getting the area around the spawner that was blown up instead of iterating all players?

bruteman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bruteman »

dreadxx990 wrote:Hello, I'm not sure if its not work this one so it seem bug?
can you help me about this one?

ThankImage
we are also getting this error alot as well on the live stream its happening when one player dies and during respawn timer a base is destroyed

Return to “Mods”